2016 SEC Tournament (5/24 - 5/29)

57,363 Views | 628 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by brainman5000
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haha #Failstate
brainman5000
AG
I hope LSU/Florida decide to play 2 full games tomorrow. They almost got there on Wednesday.
twk
AG
quote:
I hope LSU/Florida decide to play 2 full games tomorrow. They almost got there on Wednesday.
If Logan Shore doesn't pitch for Florida, they are a lot thinner on the mound than they would otherwise be. If we get past Ole Miss, we'll have a good shot on Sunday.
jkag89
quote:
quote:
If Logan Shore doesn't pitch for Florida, they are a lot thinner on the mound than they would otherwise be. If we get past Ole Miss, we'll have a good shot on Sunday.
Sully said after the game this evening that Shore would not pitch this weekend.
jkag89
Friday Top 25
#5 Louisville 3 - #12 Clemson 5
#7 Virginia 9 - Wake Forest 10
#13 North Carolina St. 7 - Georgia Tech 5 (12 innings)
#14 Tulane 5 - Central Florida 0
Longwood 1 - #17 Coastal Carolina 5
#18 Florida Atlantic 4 - Louisiana Tech 5 (10 innings)
Texas St. 2 - #20 Louisiana-Lafayette 4
#21 Washington 5 - Utah 4
USC 2 - #22 Arizona St. 3
#25 Fullerton 1 - Long Beach St. 2
PhatMack19
AG
This guy is going to get what's coming to him.

fightintxag13
AG
quote:
This guy is going to get what's coming to him.

First pitch to him today, high and inside...real inside.
Rocco S
Typical The U
Rocco S
Look at the pitcher point out the ball to the LF who probably didn't move
titanmaster_race
Mega ******
TexasRebel
AG
That's why you put a flagpole in fair territory.
jkag89
Tit for tat occurring here. Nothing this flagrant, but a NC State player stood at the plate to admire his two run shot just the half inning beforehand.
trouble
AG
Alright Florida, take care of these damn swamp kittens
PhatMack19
AG
Miami just scored 2 in the top of 9 to tie FSU at 4
twk
AG
Clemson is up to 6 in the RPI after winning their pool in the ACC tournament--which squeezes LSU down to 7 for the moment. Ole Miss is still 5. I still think if LSU wins tonight, they should get that fourth national seed, but if they don't, Ole Miss will have the RPI edge, and I believe they won the regular season series.

FSU is going to the 9th tied with Miami after blowing a 2 run lead in the 9th. FSU has climbed to 13 in the RPI--don't think that will get them a national seed (even if they win this one and beat Clemson tomorrow), but it does set them up to host, which was very much in question going into the conference tournament.

TCU's loss to the sips drops them to 17. Hard to see them leapfrogging ULL for a regional host spot, and you have to believe that there will be one West Coast regional. I think the Frogs are coming to Olsen.
PhatMack19
AG
tu leads TCU 2-1 top 4. Winner plays for the BDF championship tomorrow.
McInnis
AG
Could someone please post LSU Fla scores here? I'm in the mountains with limited internet access.
PhatMack19
AG
quote:
Could someone please post LSU Fla scores here? I'm in the mountains with limited internet access.
0-0 bot 3
trouble
AG
0-0 going to the 4th
Mathguy64
AG
Sending TCU here as a 2 seed would be strange at this point. They would be a high 2 and we are probably no worse than #3 overall. That high, we are getting a weak 2 seed.
Sean98
AG
quote:
Sending TCU here as a 2 seed would be strange at this point. They would be a high 2 and we are probably no worse than #3 overall. That high, we are getting a weak 2 seed.

It works that way in basketball, but not in baseball. It's almost all about location and travel distance.
BTKAG97
AG
Are we all rooting for Florida in order to get some payback and to avoid a hot LSU team?
twk
AG
quote:
We might not get them, but by the NCAA manual, we should. They don't seed the field on an S curve--all 2 seeds are treated equal, and they are supposed to try to minimize travel costs. There is no other regional they could send TCU to that would be a bus trip. Now, we could get Rice, and TCU could fly somewhere, but Rice has other options (ULL and LSU).

On another note: FSU wins.
dermdoc
AG
I want TCU
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
Just for payback for me. I'm not scared of the swamp kittens.
twk
AG
Now, if the sips get by TCU, and beat WVU tomorrow, you don't even have to guess who will be the 3 seed in College Station. TCU would then be flying somewhere.
PhatMack19
AG
FSU beat Miami 5-4

FSU vs Clemson for the ACC Championship
Aggie97
AG
Or we get t.u. as a #3 seed of they win the bdf
twk
AG
quote:
Or we get t.u. as a #3 seed of they win the bdf
And, Rice as the 2, for a replay of the 2014 regional.
NorCal
FSU is now 19-10 in the ACC with 15 RPI top 50 wins. If the ACC was to steal a 4th national seed, they do have a decent resume. Beating Clemson tomorrow would be 20-10 with 16 top 50 wins. That's pretty salty. (And I can't stand the Seminoles)
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
They wouldn't be a three seed with a sub .500 record would they? If they would be, great that's a really weak three for us, but if they're a four then that's a tough draw compared to other possible fours (at least from a pure talent perspective).
twk
AG
quote:
They wouldn't be a three seed with a sub .500 record would they? If they would be, great that's a really weak three for us, but if they're a four then that's a tough draw compared to other possible fours (at least from a pure talent perspective).
They were a 3 in similar circumstances last year. Big XII auto qualifier isn't going to be a 4 seed.
PhatMack19
AG
Luken Baker 3 run bomb

4-2 TCU bot 5
Aggie97
AG
But they had a winning record last year right?
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Has the Big 12 ever had an auto qualifier this weak though? Texas was at least over .500 at 30-25 after winning the conference tournament last year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.