2016 SEC Tournament (5/24 - 5/29)

57,308 Views | 628 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by brainman5000
brainman5000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Intentional understatement...
jkag89
Saturday Top 25
#2 Miami 4 - #16 Florida St. 5
#7 Virginia 7 - #5 Louisville 2
#12 Clemson 5 - Wake Forest 4
Liberty 0 - #17 Coastal Carolina 1
#20 Louisiana-Lafayette 17 - Arkansas St. 10
#21 Washington 8 - Utah 12
USC 6 - #22 Arizona St. 2
#23 Southern Miss 3 - Marshall 2
#25 Fullerton 2 - Long Beach St. 1
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Washington (32-20) vs Utah (24-27) for the Pac 12's auto bid tomorrow. Utah won a share of the title today but Washington could win a share and the tiebreaker with a series win tomorrow.
MaroonedinAustin2
AG
quote:
These rally possums and owls
Know we know how they feel about bubbles...
Mr.Ackar07
Wow. Watching the Clemson vs FSU ACC Tournament game. Clemson had 2 on with 1 out. A ball to the outfield banged off the wall and two throwing errors cleared the bases. 3-0 Clemson.
gougler08
AG
quote:
Wow. Watching the Clemson vs FSU ACC Tournament game. Clemson had 2 on with 1 out. A ball to the outfield banged off the wall and two throwing errors cleared the bases. 3-0 Clemson.

Never mind, my guide is wrong I guess
AggieBand2004
AG
If it is, then they are repeating it on XM at the exact same time
jkag89
Nope. Moved up in hopes of beating the weather. Didn't work, now in a rain delay.
gougler08
AG
My guide had it starting at 11AM CDT for whatever reason. Whoops
Bondag
AG
quote:
What do those double digit numbers to the lefts of their names mean?
Mr.Ackar07
quote:
quote:
What do those double digit numbers to the lefts of their names mean?
http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/baseball/polls/coaches-poll/

Coaches' Poll Rankings
Bondag
AG
Thanks. I forgot you could have numbers higher than 10
Mr.Ackar07
Clemson has now scored 11 runs off the Voyles twins in less than 3 innings. 11-1 Clemson Top of 3.
Buck Compton
AG
FSU can't throw strikes. This game is quickly getting out of hand. 11-1 in the top of the third
LSU Baseball Fan
Disappointed we lost the single elimination game again after being in the best spot, but we just can't compete with Florida's ridiculous pitching depth and no one wants to play another game . Hopefully they will be in rebuilding mode for several years after this year. Their No. 6 guy is better than most teams' aces. In a completely fair world, LSU and Ole Miss would get 2 shots at winning that game, but no one wants to destroy their pitching staff a week before the real games, so I'm fine with it. Our pitching only allowed 10 runs in 4 games, the bats just went cold last night.

As for rally possum, I think the boys will keep him around for the postseason. No one will want to play us with how hot we've been. I believe we've won something like 17 of 19, with the only 2 losses coming to Florida. If we don't get that national seed, it will suck, but we can beat anyone when Lange and Poche are at their best, which they have been lately.
NorCal
quote:
Clemson has now scored 11 runs off the Voyles twins in less than 3 innings. 11-1 Clemson Top of 3.

This should help if Florida State and LSU were in discussions for the last national seed. As of now, I have UF, Miami, A&M, Louisville, Miss State, and tech as 6 national seeds, with Clemson and LSU as the last two.

If Clemson wins, they'll have 20 ACC wins. They started the tournament 16-14 and now look to be 20-14 with 19 top 50 RPI wins and an RPI of top 6. They're a lock with a win (and likely without it).
Bondag
AG
quote:
quote:

This should help if Florida State and LSU were in discussions for the last national seed. As of now, I have UF, Miami, A&M, Louisville, Miss State, and tech as 6 national seeds, with Clemson and LSU as the last two.

If Clemson wins, they'll have 20 ACC wins. They started the tournament 16-14 and now look to be 20-14 with 19 top 50 RPI wins and an RPI of top 6. They're a lock with a win (and likely without it).
Will they finish that game? I know they started it early to try to get it in, but with a lot of rain on the way and that big a lead, do they just call the game?
NorCal
I bet the ACC power brokers find a way to play 5.
UncleNess
AG
quote:
Disappointed we lost the single elimination game again after being in the best spot, but we just can't compete with Florida's ridiculous pitching depth and no one wants to play another game . Hopefully they will be in rebuilding mode for several years after this year. Their No. 6 guy is better than most teams' aces. In a completely fair world, LSU and Ole Miss would get 2 shots at winning that game, but no one wants to destroy their pitching staff a week before the real games, so I'm fine with it. Our pitching only allowed 10 runs in 4 games, the bats just went cold last night.

As for rally possum, I think the boys will keep him around for the postseason. No one will want to play us with how hot we've been. I believe we've won something like 17 of 19, with the only 2 losses coming to Florida. If we don't get that national seed, it will suck, but we can beat anyone when Lange and Poche are at their best, which they have been lately.

The scariest part about Florida is that they're mostly freshmen and sophomores in the lineup this year, and they're just going to reload on the mound next year
AFDave13
AG
aginlakeway
AG
quote:

So if our game was today was rained out (no chance), MSU would be qualifier and same thing about naming tournament champions? Or co-tournament champions?
titanmaster_race
quote:

Wow. That's horse****.

Edit: thought this would possibly be robbing clemson of an ncaa tourney berth. I was wrong.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Eh. Not that big a deal considering both teams are in the field and Clemson would prob be awarded champ trophy given they are up big.

Mathguy64
AG
The auto bid is not relevant given the teams. If the game were something like 2-2 it would be an easy call to name co-champs. At 13-1 naming co-champs is really not fair.
Sean98
AG
quote:

Wow. That's horse****.

Edit: thought this would possibly be robbing clemson of an ncaa tourney berth. I was wrong.

Could rob them off a national seed though.
ColoradoMooseHerd
I don't think this would have any effect on national seed
Bondag
AG
quote:
I don't think this would have any effect on national seed
Official game or not, the committee knows the score.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Exactly.
Sean98
AG
Shouldn't. But the committee is epileptic in their decision making. And Clemson was NOT in the NS picture realistically until the ACC tourney. So does the tourney matter? Does it not matter? Does the title matter? Who knows anymore?
PhatMack19
AG
TCU was up 8-0 early. WVU now leads 10-9 in the 7th
Amarillo Slim
AG
I have to say I'm not crazy about RC pitching decisions today.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
What would you have done with what we still have available this weekend?
Amarillo Slim
AG
Let Banks Pitch! WHOOP!!!!!!!
jkag89
Sunday Top 25
#12 Clemson 18 - #16 Florida St. 13
Georgia Southern 0 - #20 Louisiana-Lafayette 5
#21 Washington 7 - Utah 21
USC 31 - #22 Arizona St. 9

Appears they decried to play football in the Pac-12 this afternoon.
brainman5000
AG
And those were regular 3-game series... not like it was the end of a tournament when teams are running out of arms.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.