Louisville Basketball Program Under Investigation For Hiring Prostitutes For Recruits

26,769 Views | 234 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Method Man
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Report said that the assistant paid $10K for the "services". Wonder where that $ came from? Surely he didn't take it out of his own bank account...
I think Ben's theory may be that big money Kentucky boosters paid for all it, and now are just sitting back laughing their asses off.
salvatore_ditmars
quote:
I don't see Pitino knowingly going along with this and leaving the paper trail. The man isn't that dumb.

Another thing, Greenberg is a die hard Calipari fan.
pitino seemed kinda dumb when he got caught in that little honeypot extortion/abotion scandal.
Ben Diamond
You don't think Kentucky wouldn't? McGee could've gotten the money from any number of people. Besides if you've read the book or ESPN junk there isn't one bit of prof money switching hands.

Again this " ESPN bomb shell " is just retelling of this book. No hard evidence, just a street walkers word. Pictures of text messages, ok cool no way those couldn't be real.

ESPN the leader in crap news reporting leading the charge on this
Ben Diamond
You think having a spur of the moment sex adventure is the same as ordering *****s to be bought?
Ben Diamond
My guess is this ends up in court. Will see who wants to go on the record. This won't be a just sit back and allow the NCAA to run the show with side deals and shadow games. Hope this women has the goods. She is already back tracking on pimping her under age daughters. Guessing prison wasn't something she was aware of for saying things like that.
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
No hard evidence, just a street walkers word.

If you read that Outside The Lines article and still think there is no evidence coming out, then don't know what to tell ya.

Ben Diamond
It's outside the lines man . Take anything they do with a grain of salt. Looked like rebranded stuff from the book.
Ben Diamond
In closing, all we learned new today was ESPN making things seems scarier. Helping sale a few more books. So a few kids had sex, one thinks his sex was paid for. Yea I agree with SI UL is a very dangerous place for women. I also agree with ESPN UL should shut the basketball program down and the whole university needs to be looked at. Way to much sex going on down there.
LeFraud
Kentucky doesn't care about Lville. They don't spend one second thinking about that program down the road, and why would they? Through Kentucky's eyes, Lville is not little brother, he'll, they're not even cousin Oliver. No one in lexington gives two ****s about Lville. Sure they're probably laughing their asses off at all this, but to think Kentucky had anything to do with any of this is so ridiculously absurd...but that's on par for the course for lover diamond.
Ben Diamond
Fine, stand by all the rest I said. ^ And you keep saying Kentucky doesn't care about UL. They very much care.
LeFraud
Saying it doesn't make it any more true, especially coming from you lover.
Ben Diamond
Have you ever spend anytime in Kentucky? They very much care and can't stand Lousiville doing well.
Ben Diamond
Interesting how Powel's story keeps changing.
LeFraud
Did you learn that from your time at steak n shake?

And yes, I've spent a few nights in kentucky...
Ben Diamond
Yea I can tell you Kentucky is a school of nuts. That's beside the poiht, I'm right about ESPN and all the rest.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Ben Diamond
Now Powel claims the Lousiville dance team were at these parties. And guess what has so much info she could write a 2nd or even 3rd book! Come on guys get in the game, you guys aren't this dumb!

In the book her daughters were underage and she didn't file taxes on the money. Now the kids were of age and she very much filed and paid taxes on the money.

This women is a good Samaritan looking out for children. She only wants to do the right thing.

In the 3rd book The AD and Presideht will have been at these parities. All paid for by Pitino.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Ben, it has been confirmed from multiple sources now beyond just that Powell woman that several parties involving recruits, players, strippers, and at least one pay-for-sex arrangement occurred in an on-campus dorm possibly using Louisville athletic department funds (they are still investigating the paper money trail though I'm guessing will have a very hard time figuring that out if McGee stays quiet as presumably everything was done in cash).

The general perception out there seems to be that Louisville is definitely going to get hammered. Post-season ban(s), scholarship reductions, and game suspensions for Pitino.

Many people have opined that while probably Pitino never explicitly told McGee to do what he did, it was very unlikely that the entire Louisville coaching staff was totally ignorant of what was going on. You are talking about something that was involving numerous people and located at an on-campus athletic dorm with university security and monitoring (it isn't like a bunch of strippers can just walk into a university athletic dorm as part of a big party without anyone noticing). Plus, on the last day of a recruit's visit, a coaching staff almost always meets again with the recruit as well as talks afterwards to whomever they assigned to host the recruit to see how things went during the visit. And finally, there is the question again of where the money was coming from that paid for everything.

Pitino may very well get by with a 'I didn't ask, they didn't tell' defense in terms of continuing to coach at Louisville, but he isn't going to get off totally free either. Looks like some punishments are coming.
Ben Diamond
Confirmed by who? Again Outside the Lines isn't a news organization. It's a headline grabbing organization that runs with things without doing much or any fact checking.
Ben Diamond
ESPN confirmed they've seen a text message saying " send the girls." Says nothing about money, and has seen a 200 dollar money order. I'd say UL should be shutdown over these findings.

Look it's the NCAA and they will go hammer down over nothing. So yea your right Pumpkinhead.
mikesyracuse1
quote:
ESPN confirmed they've seen a text message saying " send the girls." Says nothing about money, and has seen a 200 dollar money order. I'd say UL should be shutdown over these findings.

Look it's the NCAA and they will go hammer down over nothing. So yea your right Pumpkinhead.
The hammer will fall soon and it will be self imposed bu Uof L before the NCAA does anything.

mikesyracuse1
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:

Let's go get him. Good coach AND he knows how to recruit
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
quote:
If Rick didn't know about the strippers he certainly should have. Too many occurrences and players involved for him not to have been accountable in some way.

Would you feel the same way if this was Kennedy? What would the athletic department tell you to say?

I'd believe it. I'm not convinced that Kennedy knows what's happening on the court right in front of him (on offense anyway). So what's going on in the dorms...?
Ben Diamond
I'm simply dumbfounded by this. So we bring people down over screen shots and 100 dollar receipts? Powel hasn't been able to bring forth in proof of more money changing hands.

The recruits like Lyle have no choice zero but to simply tell the NCAA what they want to hear. If Lyle goes in front and doesn't simply give them what they want, Lyle isn't playing next season, or at the very least misses games. You get called in front of the NCAA you simply go along. And again it's his word. I find it ironic that anyone denying wrong doing is ignored. I also find it ironic that sex in this case has people more outraged than academic scandals.

Have any of you talked to anyone who has been called in front of the NCAA? It's no pleasant thing. They simply do not play by any rules other than what they want. They know the answers they want going in, and you answer correctly or you get slapped around.

UL will take a post season ban, they'll reduce recruting visits. And that'll be the end of it. There is no smoking gun in this.
salvatore_ditmars
pitino is the real victim here
Ben Diamond
Bingo

http://j.school/post/131657857375/sex-doesnt-sell-the-way-katina-powell-wants-you
jml2621
quote:
quote:

Uncle Fester?

He repeated last year's BK choke job on an annual basis.
jml2621
quote:
quote:
quote:

Uncle Fester?

He repeated last year's BK choke job on an annual basis.
Sorry - you meant Pitino.

Family values.
Ben Diamond
Greenberg gets chocked up when he talkes about Calipari. Take anything he says with a grain of salt.
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
UL will take a post season ban, they'll reduce recruting visits. And that'll be the end of it. There is no smoking gun in this.
There was enough smoke that UL will ultimately self-impose post-season bans, scholarship reductions, and presumably some game suspensions of Pitino.

Had this activity take place more discretely off-campus then maybe the heat would have been a lot less, but having stripper parties/prostitution arrangements going on in an on-campus student dormitory, which is supposed to be secured and monitored by the school, either paid for out of fudged expense reports from the AD's own budget or from a booster or who knows who (almost certainly wasn't McGee paying) was a major embarrassment to the University of Louisville. And they will react accordingly.
Ben Diamond
There isn't smoke. It's stuff one women said and a few recruits scared they wouldn't be allowed to play went with. The list of people saying nothing happened is much longer. But in this country that doesn't matter.

It'll be one post season. No program has gotten multiple.
Ben Diamond
I find it ironic that this is in the reach of the NCAA, but fake classes are not. It's the NCAA, it makes no since and they never will.

With the new rules coaches must know everything. I say watch out it could happen to anyone, as coaches simply cannot know everything.
mallen
AG
Pitino is paid well enough that he can hire moles to keep an eye on things he is personally not able to attend to. I find the "I didn't know" excuse pretty laughable especially for recruiting visits, an area which he should have heavy involvement in orchestrating.
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
Pitino is paid well enough that he can hire moles to keep an eye on things he is personally not able to attend to.

My impression is that he did have a hired mole. Andrew McGee.
Ben Diamond
I'd be careful bowing up your chest. This can happen anywhere.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.