Louisville Basketball Program Under Investigation For Hiring Prostitutes For Recruits

26,692 Views | 234 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Method Man
farmer1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If we're not on probation for violations of our own
Bunk Moreland
quote:
...go on...
The Collective
AG
quote:

Pissing in the wind or what?
wacarnolds
AG
quote:
quote:

posting history points toward 'troll'
GE
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

posting history points toward 'troll'
Damn, no kidding. See all that Ag swag by his name and default to probably legit. Look at posting history and this guy is the worst kind of troll.
mikesyracuse1
More self imposed sanctions today.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15146811/louisville-cardinals-self-impose-more-penalties-investigation-sex-scandal

The basketball team will lose two scholarships, one in 2017-18 and one in 2018-19, coaches will be docked 30 recruiting days, and the program will reduce the number of official visits it offers to recruits by two, one in 2016-17 and one in 2017-18.

A source said that the additional penalties do not stem from any new information but rather a natural progression as the university awaits a notice of allegations from the NCAA.

mikesyracuse1
Bunk Moreland
Have you heard anything Mike? Is pitino going to survive it?
mikesyracuse1
quote:
Have you heard anything Mike? Is pitino going to survive it?
There's still alot going on right now before that decision has to be made. The school is making alot of bigtime self-imposed decisions that are just short of parting ways with Pitino. I don't believe he will be coaching there next year. If he does survive, he will be facing some big NCAA sanctions most likely.

mikesyracuse1
mikesyracuse1
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15858235/rick-pitino-likes-louisville-cardinals-potential-continuing-investigations

Still ongoing and Pitino hyping his team. This saga is not over.

This thread is an interesting to go back and read for the off season.

mikesyracuse1
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
"It still bothers me, I'm not going to lie to you," Pitino said. "It bothers me when a trust is broken, and I still have sleepless nights thinking [why] you did something like this. ...

Doubt we'll ever find out for sure, but if Pitino had any knowledge of what was going on, he didn't just throw McGee under the bus. He then got in and has been continuously driving the bus back and forth over him.
mikesyracuse1
And today the governor removed the entire board of trustees and asked for the president's resignation.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/16283125/university-louisville-president-james-ramsey-resigns

mikesyracuse1
mallen
AG
I believe that John Calipari came out a few days ago and said point blank to the media that he thought most coaches would know if something like that (at Louisville) was happening on campus. Of course Calipari has a vested interested in helping the Louisville basketball program burn but I happen to think he's right.
mikesyracuse1
quote:
I believe that John Calipari came out a few days ago and said point blank to the media that he thought most coaches would know if something like that (at Louisville) was happening on campus. Of course Calipari has a vested interested in helping the Louisville basketball program burn but I happen to think he's right.
He did say that and he is correct. Head Coaches of Division 1 basketball programs definitely know what's going on with their team on campus.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/16224880/coaches-know-happens-campus

mikesyracuse1

gphid97
AG
quote:
Most coaches would also know if their star player was suddenly swimming in tens of thousands in cash, or when someone is sent to take the SAT for a stud recruit..
Tango Mike
quote:
quote:
Most coaches would also know if their star player was suddenly swimming in tens of thousands in cash, or when someone is sent to take the SAT for a stud recruit..

zing!
paterfamilias79
AG
Let me introduce you to Hugh Freeze........
Iowaggie
AG
NCAA is expected to announce findings on Thursday.
Link
Psych
AG
Scapegoat
jml2621
91AggieLawyer said:

Pitino is really pissed. Strippers and he wasn't invited.

Maybe he got his 15 sec in...and left.
jml2621

Follow UNC's lead. Never self-report and lawyer up.
jml2621
gphid97 said:

Quote:

Ask Cal about those banners.
WildcatAg
AG
NCAA rejects U of L's defense of Pitino in recruiting sex scandal
Quote:

"If Pitino saw no red flags in connection with McGee's interactions with then prospective and current student athletes, it was because he was not looking for them," according to the report.
It also appears that the NCAA is shockingly not buying "U"L's argument that the infractions are not severe because the cost for the women was less than $100.
Quote:

"Put simply," the NCAA said, "arranging and funding sexual intercourse for a prospective student athlete on an official visit is a severe violation, wholly inconsistent with NCAA principles, whether valued at $80 or $120."
Belton Ag
AG
It's completely disgusting that Louisville is trying to pawn the entire thing off on a "former employee" and it was all done without anyone else knowing about it. I heard Pitino on Mike & Mike the morning that news broke and he essentially pulled the Captain Renault "I'm shocked, shocked! to learn my assistant was paying prostitutes to screw my players!' act with them. Of course gutless Mike & Mike let him get away with it and didn't call him on that. I think the worst part about UL's denial is that they think we are all so stupid that we would buy it.
91AggieLawyer
AG
I had completely forgotten about this.
mikesyracuse1
Pitino knows everything going on with his players every single day. He could tell you what they eat each day. He knows what's happening within the program and for UL to support his claims is absolutely ridiculous.

Mikesyracuse1
Method Man
They're a low ethics kind of AD.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.