Anderson brothers commit

35,927 Views | 305 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Aggie Joe 93
Paul Biegler, Esq.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Aggie excuses. Another fine tradition. Why did Texas dominate you for the previous 100 years?
Dude what is wrong with you. Thats not excuses , those were concrete facts about why we sucked. If you want some more facts, there happened to be a few times during that historical era that you mentioned that a few things got in the way. Namely , a few conflicts on foreign soil. Thats not an excuse , thats a fact. A&M didnt have the size , nor the amount of graduates that tu had. But that is slowly changing. Also, since scholarship limits were imposed we've been just about even in the modern era when A&M finally admitted women. We've been behind the curve for over 60 years, but that has slowly and irrevocably been changed. Thats why the record is so skewed. But that aint gonna get you nothing today, tomorrow or next week. We are here to stay in a position of our own making. That record is not, nor never will be relevant to people that understand history. Of which you have no clue.

You were Texas....were ,being the operative word. You might ought to just bend over cause here it comes again. It will continue to get worse before it gets better for your circus act over there. And like I stated above, you better pray hard we dont sniff a title in the SEC west. That would finish you clowns off for quite some time.
Same old excuses and fabrications. Just because they are constantly repeated around here doesn't make them true.

Please enlighten us all as to what's false about that. Your bull**** non response responses are a tell take sign of someone who's getting his ass kicked yet refuses to recognize it. Pretty ironic to watch you preach about honesty.
DayAg!
S
quote:
Same old excuses and fabrications. Just because they are constantly repeated around here doesn't make them true.
Well, I thought those were well documented facts of history. Please explain where I fabricated any of those facts. You're deflection is really weak. I just stated facts about why we were behind the curve for so long. As of today , that curve , and your unfair advantages no longer exist. Seems to me that reality and panic are the next stages in your ongoing clown production in progress.
Paradise Ag
AG
To be honest I must admit, I also have heard rumors of this World War I and II, RVHorn.

Having not seen it myself, it could indeed be a hoax and just another made-up Aggie football excuse.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
quote:
Somewhat surprising bit of trivia: Unless you count Daylon Mack's re-commitment, the Andersons are the first players with offers from Charlie Strong to commit to A&M since the 2014 football season started.

There's no way they believe that sh-t. Right?
I'm counting at least Christian Kirk and Kyler Murray.
wbt5845
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Somewhat surprising bit of trivia: Unless you count Daylon Mack's re-commitment, the Andersons are the first players with offers from Charlie Strong to commit to A&M since the 2014 football season started.

There's no way they believe that sh-t. Right?
I'm counting at least Christian Kirk and Kyler Murray.
RVHorn
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Aggie excuses. Another fine tradition. Why did Texas dominate you for the previous 100 years?
Dude what is wrong with you. Thats not excuses , those were concrete facts about why we sucked. If you want some more facts, there happened to be a few times during that historical era that you mentioned that a few things got in the way. Namely , a few conflicts on foreign soil. Thats not an excuse , thats a fact. A&M didnt have the size , nor the amount of graduates that tu had. But that is slowly changing. Also, since scholarship limits were imposed we've been just about even in the modern era when A&M finally admitted women. We've been behind the curve for over 60 years, but that has slowly and irrevocably been changed. Thats why the record is so skewed. But that aint gonna get you nothing today, tomorrow or next week. We are here to stay in a position of our own making. That record is not, nor never will be relevant to people that understand history. Of which you have no clue.

You were Texas....were ,being the operative word. You might ought to just bend over cause here it comes again. It will continue to get worse before it gets better for your circus act over there. And like I stated above, you better pray hard we dont sniff a title in the SEC west. That would finish you clowns off for quite some time.

Please enlighten us all as to what's false about that. Your bull**** non response responses are a tell take sign of someone who's getting his ass kicked yet refuses to recognize it. Pretty ironic to watch you preach about honesty.
Who says excuses have to be based on untruths? It's true you didn't admit women until late, but it's a lousy excuse for all the years of losing. It's also an admission that all the things that have made A&M so great are not actually so great. Wasn't A&M drawing enough tough guys to play good football? Other schools that were not particularly large or crowded with women were doing better than A&M.

There is the repeated story about scholarship limits. Please document how Texas was using this to great advantage over A&M. You say it all the time, but nobody proves it.

Further on the notion that Texas gave scholarships to kids who were great players but would never start at Texas just to keep them from other teams. That's another absurd Aggie myth.

1. You couldn't attract guys who would rather start at A&M than ride the bench at Texas?
2. Even if Texas did recruit a lot of good players, who knows who will start over time?
3. Players were choosing Texas over A&M, nobody was forcing them.

You can also do good whines about the refs.

Excuses and fabrications.
RVHorn
quote:
To be honest I must admit, I also have heard rumors of this World War I and II, RVHorn.

Having not seen it myself, it could indeed be a hoax and just another made-up Aggie football excuse.
Yes, only Aggies fought in the wars. And you call Longhorns arrogant.
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
quote:

Yes, only Aggies fought in the wars. And you call Longhorns arrogant.
RVhorn: Just curious, have you read the history of Texas A&M ?
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
RV, I'm going to give you some answers as soon as I can. Work calls. Soon.
aginlakeway
AG
RV,

Do you really think a 16 or 17-year-old recruit cares about how many times Texas has beaten Texas A&M in the last 100 plus years, especially when the overwhelming majority of Texas' dominance was more than 40 years ago? Do you really believe that matters?

They don't care. They care about the state of the programs RIGHT NOW. They care about the stadiums that they will be playing in, the size of the crowd, how many people will see them on TV and the frills in the locker room.

They DON'T care about how many times Texas has beaten Texas A&M in the last 100 plus years. Period.
AGC
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Who says excuses have to be based on untruths? It's true you didn't admit women until late, but it's a lousy excuse for all the years of losing. It's also an admission that all the things that have made A&M so great are not actually so great. Wasn't A&M drawing enough tough guys to play good football? Other schools that were not particularly large or crowded with women were doing better than A&M.

There is the repeated story about scholarship limits. Please document how Texas was using this to great advantage over A&M. You say it all the time, but nobody proves it.

Further on the notion that Texas gave scholarships to kids who were great players but would never start at Texas just to keep them from other teams. That's another absurd Aggie myth.

1. You couldn't attract guys who would rather start at A&M than ride the bench at Texas?
2. Even if Texas did recruit a lot of good players, who knows who will start over time?
3. Players were choosing Texas over A&M, nobody was forcing them.

You can also do good whines about the refs.

Few people have ever used that many words only to say, "I am a bleeding vagina." Bravo sir!
Wildmen03
AG
Exactly, when they have a chance to play the big boys on big boy TV they don't care about a team that A&M hasn't played since they were in junior high.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

It is amusing to see 30-40 years of domination sort of dismissed. You had a decade of domination and have been dominated since the century changed. Just facts.

I will say that it's insulting to University of Texas veterans to suggest that Longhorns (or any other schools) didn't provide their share of fighting men to WWII. It's laughable when someone not of that generation who has never even enlisted tosses out such an insult.

I'm sure in 2001, 2002, you were reminding every Texas fan to be humble bc A&M had just come off dominating them for 15 years. Right?
No, just honest. You might want to try it.
RV's RV
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
They didn't. Look at the history of the series.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
I will say that it's insulting to University of Texas veterans to suggest that Longhorns (or any other schools) didn't provide their share of fighting men to WWII. It's laughable when someone not of that generation who has never even enlisted tosses out such an insult.
Our veterans came from many places, including other schools. A horn friend of mine said that no CMsH were awarded to horns for their service in WWII. Haven't verified that. We had 7. With a smaller group of male students. My grandfather was draft-deferred as a Baylor Business student when we entered WWII, and he also played baseball for them. He was allowed to finish - including playing ball - and he enlisted USAAC and served. Had he been at A&M he might've been pulled out of school without deferment. Going to A&M was seen as tantamount to enlisting by many people.

During WWII, you guys' winning % went up over 80%. Ours went down below 40%. Korean War and Unlimited Schollies came in 1950. The contributions of all our servicemen and women deserve to be recognized, thanked, appreciated and honored, no matter where they went to school.

However, for you to posit that war periods affected all universities the same way is ignorant and insulting to us, and to me.
RVHorn
quote:
quote:
Our veterans came from many places, including other schools. A horn friend of mine said that no CMsH were awarded to horns for their service in WWII. Haven't verified that. We had 7. With a smaller group of male students. My grandfather was draft-deferred as a Baylor Business student when we entered WWII, and he also played baseball for them. He was allowed to finish - including playing ball - and he enlisted USAAC and served. Had he been at A&M he might've been pulled out of school without deferment. Going to A&M was seen as tantamount to enlisting by many people.

During WWII, you guys' winning % went up over 80%. Ours went down below 40%. Korean War and Unlimited Schollies came in 1950. The contributions of all our servicemen and women deserve to be recognized, thanked, appreciated and honored, no matter where they went to school.

However, for you to posit that war periods affected all universities the same way is ignorant and insulting to us, and to me.
Where do I posit that? I hope you got some good exercise chasing your own tail.
RVHorn
quote:
quote:
They didn't. Look at the history of the series.
You mean like the record? Have you found a way to cancel out a 2-1 advantage for the Longhorns?

You throwing in the Spanish American War now?

The worst lies are the ones you tell yourself.
Teslag
AG
This guy must really tear up sooner fans (his main rival)
Bucketrunner
Please continue to live in the past. It will give you comfort, and WE DON'T CARE. We know our present and future are so much better than yours. We are confident. You? Not so much, or you wouldn't be on an Aggie board trying to plead your case.
RVHorn
quote:
Please continue to live in the past. It will give you comfort, and WE DON'T CARE. We know our present and future are so much better than yours. We are confident. You? Not so much, or you wouldn't be on an Aggie board trying to plead your case.
I can tell you don't care. I'm not the one who brought this up. I was responding to the usual inaccuracies flung around here. It's a waste of time, but that's what I was doing.

Leather, darling, did the Sooner Board joke work any better for you this time?
StephenvilleAg77
Deflect, deflect, deflect. Can't blame him, though, since it's his only defense. His team sucks.
Teslag
AG
It's not a joke. And it never gets old pointing how you tools were full of **** regarding the "'OU is out real rival" BS. Now continue with your obsession.
RVHorn
quote:
It's not a joke. And it never gets old pointing how you tools were full of **** regarding the "'OU is out real rival" BS. Now continue with your obsession.
You're so worried about being Texas' rival. It's very sweet, Leather. I warm to you.
RVHorn
quote:
Deflect, deflect, deflect. Can't blame him, though, since it's his only defense. His team sucks.
Projection.
RVHorn
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Few people have ever used that many words only to say, "I am a bleeding vagina." Bravo sir!
You're a bleeding vagina. Better?
Teslag
AG
We have LSU, Bama, Arky, Auburn, etc now. Why would we give a **** about some broke ass mid major conference 6-7 team that can't recruit?
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
RV,

Do you really think a 16 or 17-year-old recruit cares about how many times Texas has beaten Texas A&M in the last 100 plus years, especially when the overwhelming majority of Texas' dominance was more than 40 years ago? Do you really believe that matters?

They don't care. They care about the state of the programs RIGHT NOW. They care about the stadiums that they will be playing in, the size of the crowd, how many people will see them on TV and the frills in the locker room.

They DON'T care about how many times Texas has beaten Texas A&M in the last 100 plus years. Period.

Still waiting on your answer.
RVHorn
quote:
quote:
RV,

I don't pretend to know what a teenager thinks, but you can do so all that you please. I do know that Texas has a better reputation than A&M as a football program.

You better hope that they care about something other than RIGHT NOW because RIGHT NOW A&M has put together two straight years of worsening records after your height where you didn't win any team hardware. You list the things you want teenagers to care about and then claim you know their minds.

Your simple list is sort of silly when considering why someone might choose a particular school. You don't even mention coaches, academics, family history, or geographical location.

I ignored your question because it seems somewhat rhetorical and doesn't really hold up to scrutiny.

That answer enough for you?
RVHorn
quote:
We have LSU, Bama, Arky, Auburn, etc now. Why would we give a **** about some broke ass mid major conference 6-7 team that can't recruit?
You tell me. It's all that you in particular seem to post about.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
RV,

I don't pretend to know what a teenager thinks, but you can do so all that you please. I do know that Texas has a better reputation than A&M as a football program.

You better hope that they care about something other than RIGHT NOW because RIGHT NOW A&M has put together two straight years of worsening records after your height where you didn't win any team hardware. You list the things you want teenagers to care about and then claim you know their minds.

Your simple list is sort of silly when considering why someone might choose a particular school. You don't even mention coaches, academics, family history, or geographical location.

I ignored your question because it seems somewhat rhetorical and doesn't really hold up to scrutiny.

That answer enough for you?
As opposed to your team putting together two straight years of worsening records with a damn good chance to make it a third?
El Nino in Londontown
AG
quote:
I do know that Texas has a better reputation than A&M as a football program.
Teslag
AG
quote:
quote:
You tell me. It's all that you in particular seem to post about.

I'm not the one spending my day on another teams message board. Especially a team that we no longer play.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Rv your right now argument is a losing cause for mighty texas. I want to hear your talking points for mighty texas being a better place to play football right now than A&M. Right now remember, not all your last 100 years bull****. Thanks in advance for your list.
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
I do know that Texas has a better reputation than A&M as a football program.
RVhorn: Link?
RVHorn
quote:
Rv your right now argument is a losing cause for mighty texas. I want to hear your talking points for mighty texas being a better place to play football right now than A&M. Right now remember, not all your last 100 years bull****. Thanks in advance for your list.
Talking points? You think UT has the same kind of hive mind that Aggies do? I don't have talking points, I have my own opinion.

Texas is in transition right now. I believe we have good coaches who develop players. But let's look at the players and what they are doing. Last year Texas' recruiting class was comparable to the Aggies. The oft repeated 15-6 (or whatever) score counts players from the first class Strong had when he'd been in place about a month. Texas stadium and facilities are first rate even if they're not as new as yours. DKR-Memorial Stadium is a great stadium.

By the way, you pose your question as though I'd made a point about Texas right now. I was responding to a post.

Y'all laugh it up. You're pretty sure you're on the edge of greatness when you could just as easily be on the edge of collapse. You need to win no less than Texas needs to win.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.