Anderson brothers commit

35,929 Views | 305 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Aggie Joe 93
88jrt06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RV-
I look and your roster/recruits....and laugh. Laugh!

I look at our roster/recruits.....and smile. Big smile.

Then, I laugh, again.
Teslag
AG
Just stop offering guys with A&M offers and sumlin won't have to remind you where you place is.
aggiehawg
AG
Maybe this is tongue-in-cheek, but with the shag, never can tell regarding the Anderson twins:

quote:
I don't want any lineman that uses the hashtag #blessed

OTOH, this is supposedly from 247 and posted on the shag, regarding Delance:

quote:
The 6-foot-5, 281-pound four-star prospect says there were several college coaches there to see him.

"We started spring football today," the nation's No. 96 overall composite prospect said on Monday evening. "Coach (Dave) Christensen from (Texas) A&M came out there today. I saw TCU, UTEP and Texas too. Some other schools came by while I was in class, I believe."

After practice, Delance found out that Mineola offensive linemen Austin Anderson and Riley Anderson had committed to the Aggies on Monday so he called Christensen to talk about that development.

"I just got off the phone with coach Christensen as well," Delance said. "I had seen that the two Anderson brothers had committed to A&M. I called him to reassure him that we still have that connection and that he still knows how interested I am in A&M.

"I don't want them to give up on me or stop recruiting me because they think I'm not still interested."

Delance says there is a reason he wanted to make sure the Aggies were aware of his interest.

"That's a great school and they're right there at the top," he said of A&M. "That's possibly where I'll end up it's one of my favorites so I wanted to make sure he knew that. He told they were still dying to have me and he just wanted me to know that I have a spot there.

"He said I had the opportunity if I wanted to come on board there. He said he wasn't going to rush me to commit or anything but he did say it's a great time to make that decision if I want to."

Delance, who decommitted from Oklahoma in early March, does not have a timeframe for a decision this time around but wants to be more sure than he was last time.

"I don't know," he said as to his timeframe for a commitment. "I rushed into things last time and made that decision pretty quickly, basically on my own. I'm not going to rush into it again. I want my mom to be involved.

"I have to see a few more places just to be sure and get a feeling for everybody."

In addition to A&M, Delance says a few other schools stand out as well.

"It's mainly SEC schools," he said. "That's what I'm really liking. USC is up there as well. I like Florida and Ohio State too. I'm probably going to take one of my officials [to Ohio State]."

Currently, Delance's Crystal Ball has 53 percent of the predictions for Texas A&M, 27 percent for Oklahoma, 13 percent for TCU and 7 percent for Texas.
Moon Shadow
I'm not worried about the Anderson twins in so far as to strength & fitness (Coach Jackson), technique (Coach Christiansen), and having their heads screwed on correctly (Coach Sumlin). I love their commitment to the TAMU program and ". . .getting a National Championship."
dermdoc
AG
And IMHO, the reason for the "3 star Charlie" moniker was due to the sips saying that they were tired of "entitled" and underachieving 4 and 5 stars. And that Charlie would get his three star guys and coach them up. Even though he was actively recruiting 4 and 5 star guys like Murray and not getting them.

Sip "logic".
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Collective
AG
Also, sips called Sumlin "3 star General".
DifferenceMaker Ag
quote:
quote:
Simple question, RV. Did or did not tu offer and recruit these two guys?
Offered, yes. I don't know how strongly Texas was pursuing them. I don't know if we'll get anybody better, but we may.
Charles and WIckline are chasing every in-state OL prospect as vigorously as they possibly can. Of course they can't chase too hard when they know that it's wasted effort. There are only 2 OL available in the state of Texas that are equal or better than the Andersons, and Chobbit and Wickline don't have a prayer for either. Kellen Diesch is leaning heavily toward OU, and Cobra and staff are just waiting to seal the deal with Jean DeLance. Time for Charles and Wickline to use some more of those frequent flier miles.
quote:
So, now you will tell me you're proud of three star Summy and the prospect of a class full of two and three stars to go along with a couple of highly ranked receivers?
My God you are adorable. Keep clinging to that, and prepare for disappointment.
wbt5845
AG
If the Cobra lands Jean DeLance, the 2016 OL class has gotta be the best in the nation.
Bonfire1996
AG
The 3 star Charlie moniker came from sumlin taking who he wanted FIRST. And then leaving Charlie the leftovers, which were primarily 3 stars and lower, at nearly every position.

Texas signed 23 players in 2015 without a Sumlin offer. Most of them were rated 3 stars or lower. The only players Charlie got that had sumlin offers were rated 4 stars and up.

Understand?

In the Andersons' case, they both were highly coveted by both Charlie Strong and O-fer Wickline. Their rating is irrelevant when they had commitable offers from both schools.
Rocco S
I love tsip spin on why a person chooses Texas A&M over tu.

It seriously never gets old.

I would imagine kids have an easier time with being told Santa Claus isn't real than they do with accepting that #WRTS in recruiting.
Hood
AG
Also worth mentioning is the both of the Anderson twins Crystal Ball predictors were 60+% to Texas.

In other words, most pundits and recruitniks had them going to Texas.

Alas, #WRTS
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
3 Starlie prefers garbage pail players to "entitled" blue chip athletes. I mean lunch pail. Yeah, lunch pail.
RVHorn
quote:
The 3 star Charlie moniker came from sumlin taking who he wanted FIRST. And then leaving Charlie the leftovers, which were primarily 3 stars and lower, at nearly every position.

Texas signed 23 players in 2015 without a Sumlin offer. Most of them were rated 3 stars or lower. The only players Charlie got that had sumlin offers were rated 4 stars and up.

Understand?

In the Andersons' case, they both were highly coveted by both Charlie Strong and O-fer Wickline. Their rating is irrelevant when they had commitable offers from both schools.
Sure it did.

So, I may conclude that you will be content with 2 and 3 star recruits as long as they chose A&M over Texas?

Thanks for helping me to understand what has been clear since the first page of this thread.
Rocco S
http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Riley-Anderson-at-Mineola-109969/PlayerInstitutionPredictions

but remember, their guys are professional journalists. Ours are fans turned reporter.
Rocco S
quote:
quote:

Understand?

Sure it did.

So, I may conclude that you will be content with 2 and 3 star recruits as long as they chose A&M over Texas?

Thanks for helping me to understand what has been clear since the first page of this thread.

No. Obviously we aren't content with that. That's why we sign so many 4 & 5 stars, unlike Charlie. I think we signed more 4/5 stars than we did 3 stars.
Teslag
AG
I think we like the fact that when Sumlin and Strong decide they want a kid they overwhelmingly choose Sumlin.
RVHorn
quote:
quote:
quote:

Understand?

Sure it did.

No. Obviously we aren't content with that. That's why we sign so many 4 & 5 stars, unlike Charlie. I think we signed more 4/5 stars than we did 3 stars.
Texas' class was ranked right beside yours, it wasn't exactly a crushing defeat.
Rocco S
Honestly, our biggest recruiting competitor is Alabama. They've taken some really good 4/5 star prospects out of east TX lately. tu got a few players we got in late on or were recruiting without a DC, but that's about it.
Rocco S
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Understand?

Sure it did.

Texas' class was ranked right beside yours, it wasn't exactly a crushing defeat.
Only because tu signed several more players
Teslag
AG
Charlie scrambled together a decent class of grade risks after Sumlin ran his ass outta Texas by tune of 15-6. By the way, any news on which JUCO Wheeler and Lampkin are going to?
up-n-aTm
AG
We're not really gonna go here again, are we? Tell me about Texas' badazz QB, DL and OL recruits. All those studs- surely they addressed their needs- right?
Hood
AG
Easy, chief.

One skull-****ing at a time for ol' RV...
Tamu_mgm
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Looks like RVwhorn is setting new standards for sip delusion. Something difficult to do, but he is managing it. Didn't think it was possible.
I'm deluded about Sumlin raking in 2 and three star players early in the process?
I'm deluded that the consensus around here was that "Chollie" was a failure for doing the same thing?

I guess I"ve also deluded myself that no one on the thread is addressing those points.

I guess you'll be happy with a class loaded with 2 and 3 star players and not worry about your hypocrisy at all. Anybody who points it out can be dismissed as "delusional." Nice gig if you can get it.
I did address it you idiot. I'll be happy with a class that actually has OL kids from the state of Texas instead of relying on some false, pie in the sky hope in Charlie's ability to open up any state in the nation to his wondrous recruiting efforts and get kids from those states who are better than Texas kids. I'm waiting on Charlie and the sips to praise the new Montana or Maine pipeline he's opened up since the Florida one is dried up due to the product coming out of there being too stupid to grade qualify at THE University.
Swing and a miss. It makes me sad that you call me an idiot. I'm glad you're not my doctor.

Dude, swing and a miss for you. You're *******ing retarded.
Tamu_mgm
AG
quote:

Understand?

Makes perfect sense. Therefore does not compute.

-rvwhorn
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Their offers from tu weren't committable. Charlie can't even remember his QB's name. You think he wants identical twins?
wbt5845
AG
quote:
Their offers from tu weren't committable. Charlie can't even remember his QB's name. You think he wants identical twins?

Imagine the high comedy of the auctioneer on quaaludes trying to keep those guys straight.

"Hey you - big boy - boys - ****, all you whities look alike, but you twos DAMN - awe crap you's twins, right, right - Austin - Riley - naw damn we IN Austin - naw **** we ain't IN you dude - this bein' Austin and all I can see... - naw damn Austin not you - HOW THE **** AM I SUPPOSED TO KEEP THIS **** STRAIGHT?
TheDoctor
AG
I love how the Andersons were offered but probably not "heavily pursued" cause they ended up at A&M. Texas is just throwing offers around apparently. Not landing any Texas recruits is now unimportant. Funny. Because when we made this move 3 years ago we were told repeatedly how we'd still never to be able to recruit Texas kids, even in the SEC because the kids apparently don't care about that. Now, when everyone in the state of Texas is getting Texas Olinemen but the sips, it doesn't matter to them.
RVHorn
quote:
We're not really gonna go here again, are we? Tell me about Texas' badazz QB, DL and OL recruits. All those studs- surely they addressed their needs- right?
Texas had a decent OL class. Just because you repeat things to yourselves all the time doesn't make it true.

Did Sumlin get all of the Aggies' needs filled? Boyd and Hill say, "hi!"
Teslag
AG
You are aware we signed a 4 star CB right? And he had a sip offer.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
quote:
Texas had a decent OL class. Just because you repeat things to yourselves all the time doesn't make it true.

Boyd would literally cut his own nuts off and use them to garnish a vegan cheeseburger if he could re-do his decision. The love for his little brother is literally the only reason he's going to be playing in burnt orange.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm unclear, does it only count for filling your needs if you get your first choice players? A&M did miss on Boyd and Hill but landed another 4 star in Elam and a 3 star who was Player of the Year from Louisiana in DCS. Hard to count that as missing on needs if you're counting your OL class.

Might also note your big misses at QB and missing on every elite in-state DL for the third year in a row.
Rocco S
quote:
quote:

Kyler says Howdy.

As do the other countless other players that chose Texas A&M over tu

We in fact did sign several DBs.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
quote:
You are aware we signed a 4 star CB right? And he had a sip offer.

And two of the best yhree safeties in the state
Teslag
AG
Strong offered 64% of A&M's class. By comparison Sumlin offered 20% of the sips class.

Based on facts, Charlie Strong would have traded classes with A&M had he landed his initial targets

Poor jealous RVHorn.
permabull
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.