***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

187,979 Views | 3419 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Guitarsoup
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't disagree with any of that, but I also want Vic to be our primary playmaker tbh and have more of a Jamal Murray type next to him that's a combo guard rather than someone who's going to park himself on ball all game
Guitarsoup
AG
TheNotoriousP.I.P. said:

I don't disagree with any of that, but I also want Vic to be our primary playmaker tbh and have more of a Jamal Murray type next to him that's a combo guard rather than someone who's going to park himself on ball all game

All depends who all we have. I don't want to put all the effort on Wemby on both ends of the court and want to have other creators so the offense doesn't take a **** when we need to rest Wemby a couple plays.

Also, people complain about Trae's contract but I think that Dono will be worse after a year.

DM is a great fit on both sides of the ball so I'd certainly love to be able to get him. I'm just worried about the cost to get him and the cost to keep him.
Guitarsoup
AG

Enzo The Baker
AG
That's the move.
Aggiegardengirl
Guitarsoup said:

TheNotoriousP.I.P. said:

All depends who all we have. I don't want to put all the effort on Wemby on both ends of the court and want to have other creators so the offense doesn't take a **** when we need to rest Wemby a couple plays.

Also, people complain about Trae's contract but I think that Dono will be worse after a year.

DM is a great fit on both sides of the ball so I'd certainly love to be able to get him. I'm just worried about the cost to get him and the cost to keep him.
Guitarsoup
AG

Ue a 2nd on Bronny. Sign Bron at veteran minimum. Sign KCP and SloMo. Draft Risacher and Castle.

Championship.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I'll sign up for that.

If Lebron actually signs with anyone that drafts Bronny, I'll be surprised. With this draft, you could argue that a Lebron rental would be more valuable than a late 1st round pick.
superunknown
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I'll sign up for that.

If Lebron actually signs with anyone that drafts Bronny, I'll be surprised. With this draft, you could argue that a Lebron rental would be more valuable than a late 1st round pick.

What if Bronny gers drafted by ______ and then LeBron says "sike, jk I'm gonna go wherever I want"...does Bronny get released immediately? Does he spend next year with the Stockton Kings or whoever?
LawHall88
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
superunknown said:

Enzo The Baker said:

I'll sign up for that.

What if Bronny gers drafted by ______ and then LeBron says "sike, jk I'm gonna go wherever I want"...does Bronny get released immediately? Does he spend next year with the Stockton Kings or whoever?
I think that LeBron, Bronny, and Rich Paul will decide where they want to go and they will have Rich Paul talk to that team. Then when they get the buyin, they tell other teams not to draft Bronny. Because **** you Utah, you can't get LeBron.

My guess is it will be the Lakers, the Cavs or the Knicks. It is all about LeBron's story and Legacy, right?

Story 1: Go home to Cleveland, who has a really great team built in. Win one more title for the hometown and do it with his son.

Make Cleveland draft Bronny with the 23rd pick. LeBron opts out of his 51M Lakers deal and takes the vet min to go to Cleveland.

C: Jarrett Allen / Tristan Thompson
PF: Evan Mobley / Dean Wade
SF: LeBron James / Max Strus
SG: Donovan Mitchell / Caris LaVert / Sam Merrill
PG: Darius Garland / Bronny James

That's a crazy team.

Story 2: Go to the Knicks, and bring them the first title for 50 years, get all the NYC glamor, etc. Become Finals MVP with 4 different franchises.

C: Mitchell Robinson / Isaiah Hartenstein
PF: Julius Randle / Bojan
SF: LeBron James / Josh Hart
SG: OG Anunoby / Donte DiV
PG: Jalen Brunson / McBride / Bronny

TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Great team W. All 7 guys that played more than 15 minutes had between 14 and 20 points. Vic-Mamu chemistry was great.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Yea I definitely want to see more Mamu next year!
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Yea I definitely want to see more Mamu next year!

Agreed! He may have defensive deficiencies but his hustle off the bench is a spark that is needed.
Guitarsoup
AG
Mamu is a really good passer too
jteagle
AG
Victor has an off night scoring wise but still one assist away from a triple double and has clutch plays in the 4th. That last block was huge.
Guitarsoup
AG
MAMU HIGHLIGHTS

West Texan
AG
Glad to see everyone else hopping on the Mamu bandwagon.
Guitarsoup
AG

Enzo The Baker
AG
Ag Natural
AG
jteagle said:

Victor has an off night scoring wise but still one assist away from a triple double and has clutch plays in the 4th. That last block was huge.

New Orleans doubled Vic more aggressively than any team I've seen so far outside of maybe Houston.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Ag Natural said:

jteagle said:

New Orleans doubled Vic more aggressively than any team I've seen so far outside of maybe Houston.

Vic's passing has been a huge surprise this year. He had a handful of hockey assists yesterday as well. Teams are really going to have to pick their poison. If these are the teams' reaction to Victor this early in his career when he doesn't have a consistent polished game, they are going to be ****ed in two years when he has an offensive identity.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Ag Natural said:

jteagle said:

Vic's passing has been a huge surprise this year. He had a handful of hockey assists yesterday as well. Teams are really going to have to pick their poison. If these are the teams' reaction to Victor this early in his career when he doesn't have a consistent polished game, they are going to be ****ed in two years when he has an offensive identity.
And when he has more people around him that can knock down open shots.

Tre Jones is at 55%/51% post-ASB.

Sochan improved from 24% to 31% 3pt shooting this year.

Devin's 3pt shooting went down, but his TS% went from 55% to 57%. Hsi FG% and 3pt% both improved after the ASB. His pull up threes improved from 22% two years ago to 28% last year to 33% this year. His FG% off drives was top 15 in the NBA last I looked.

I honestly DGAF about anyone else. They seem like good guys and seem to have fun together. Blake Wesley showed some defensive chops.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Yea I think that's right. Those are the three that I can see on this team long term as of today.
Ag Natural
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Yea I think that's right. Those are the three that I can see on this team long term as of today.

Almost every guy who's had some playing time has shown at least flashes of good play. I dont think the strategy is going to be to trade out all these developing guys for different developing guys. It take several years for most players to become who they are. Just look at DJ and Derick. Both late 1st round picks and now years later are considered real assets on a winning team.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Castle looking good again today. He's a no brainer for the Toronto pick. Possibly the Spurs pick too.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ag Natural said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Almost every guy who's had some playing time has shown at least flashes of good play. I dont think the strategy is going to be to trade out all these developing guys for different developing guys. It take several years for most players to become who they are. Just look at DJ and Derick. Both late 1st round picks and now years later are considered real assets on a winning team.
I don't think the Spurs are pushing them out - especially guys on cheap contracts like Branham, Wesley, Bassey, Julian - but they are certainly going to take opportunities to upgrade through draft and free agency. And if you have to include one or more guys to get a playoff rotation guy, it is no big deal.

I think Derrick and DJM are bad examples, because we had a good idea of their value in their second year. DJM was All-Defense 2nd team in his second year. White joined the NBA later, and is one of those guys that has grown every year, but we knew we had a valuable role player early on. In his second year, White was 16th in All-Defense voting. It isn't like we thought those guys were spares and they suddenly grew up one day.

Wesley shows some above average passing and defense, but can't shoot. Branham is hot and cold and awful on defense.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Castle looking good again today. He's a no brainer for the Toronto pick. Possibly the Spurs pick too.
If we don't have a top 3 pick, I'm totally happy with him.

Edy vs Clingan will be a fun final. Some old school grind it out.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Karaban might be a fun flyer with one of our seconds.
Ag Natural
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Ag Natural said:

Enzo The Baker said:

I don't think the Spurs are pushing them out - especially guys on cheap contracts like Branham, Wesley, Bassey, Julian - but they are certainly going to take opportunities to upgrade through draft and free agency. And if you have to include one or more guys to get a playoff rotation guy, it is no big deal.

I think Derrick and DJM are bad examples, because we had a good idea of their value in their second year. DJM was All-Defense 2nd team in his second year. White joined the NBA later, and is one of those guys that has grown every year, but we knew we had a valuable role player early on. In his second year, White was 16th in All-Defense voting. It isn't like we thought those guys were spares and they suddenly grew up one day.

Wesley shows some above average passing and defense, but can't shoot. Branham is hot and cold and awful on defense.

Branham has shown glimpses of being an elite scorer and he's way more athletic than I anticipated. He's going to be a Spur for a while.

The reality is if the Spurs do nothing this offseason they'll be at least .500 next year just based on the clear trajectory of Vic, Vassell, Sochan, Jones, Branham, etc. It would be great if they could hit in the draft as well and possible move some these future picks for someone like a Bridges. I have no clue if that's the plan, but that would be mine.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Karaban might be a fun flyer with one of our seconds.

I'm in. Better than Joe Wieskamp.
Guitarsoup
AG
Risacher's latest game:
18min
0 points
0-4 FG
0-2 3pt
2reb
3tos

25% from three since Feb 2nd.
jteagle
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Risacher's latest game:
18min
0 points
0-4 FG
0-2 3pt
2reb
3tos

Man! The scouting departments of NBA teams are going to earn their money this year. Everybody has red flags.

I'm with Enzo. Castle almost seems like the prospect with the fewest red flags.
Guitarsoup
AG
jteagle said:

Guitarsoup said:

Risacher's latest game:
18min
0 points
0-4 FG
0-2 3pt
2reb
3tos

Man! The scouting departments of NBA teams are going to earn their money this year. Everybody has red flags.

I'm with Enzo. Castle almost seems like the prospect with the fewest red flags.
Yeah, I was hoping Risacher could be like a taller Herb Jones. He's dropping hard so he may be available at any spot we draft.

Spurs like 6'5 defensive minded combo guards and JaKobe Walter fits that mold, too.
Rec
AG
Made it to 20 games this year… here's hoping we win the last one.
Rec
AG
Not looking too good

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.