Houston
Sponsored by

Western Boots

81,403 Views | 355 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ag_07
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RK you know what I meant.
aTm_bomb
AG
Got a pair of dark brown Kangaroo ropers. Matt doesn't carry stock of ropers so had to order. Month later I got them and love them! $350 for special order and measured to my feet. Got a quote for the same in full quill ostrich for $500 which will beat just about anything.

Not too negotiable since they had to be made to order. In stock boots started around $250.

[This message has been edited by aTm_bomb (edited 2/3/2014 10:01p).]
David_Puddy
AG
quote:
CrossBowAg99
posted 12:26a, 02/02/14

Non-retards don't wear square toe boots. HTH

Yea, these boots sure look really sh-tty....

http://www.cavenders.com/western/cowboy-boots/mens-boots-shoes/exotic-square-toe-boots/LCY7072W8

[This message has been edited by David_Puddy (edited 2/4/2014 10:07a).]
Buzzard
AG
I'm heading over there tomorrow with the wife.
I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Mr07Ag
AG
Picked up a pair of brown caiman belly on Saturday. I told him that I heard about them through TexAgs and he immediately told me I got the Aggie discount. Going back in a few weeks to pick up another pair and a belt or two.

Mr07Ag
AG
dp

[This message has been edited by Mr07Ag (edited 3/10/2014 10:19a).]
DRE06
AG
07-

How much did you pay?
Mr07Ag
AG
Just over $400 with tax.
DRE06
AG
Ok. Just checking.

I bought a pair there on Friday for $375 ($405 with tax).

Thought they would be a little cheaper based on this thread, but still very happy. Much better than the $699+ tax boots I almost bought at Cavenders last Wednesday.
jetch17
AG
Sh*t, this thread makes me want to go but a pair of baller ass boots
Furlock Bones
AG
i really wish the duckbilled platypus boot still would go away. i'm ok with the slightly squared off toe. but i think most of these flippers look ridiculous.

#oldmanyellsatclouds
Petrino1
I called Matt at Exotic Safari Leather on Good Friday and told him Ali from texags referred me, he told me to stop on by and he would give me the texags discount. Picked up some beautiful dark brown crocodile belly boots, and my cousin got some nice looking ostrich ones as well. We negotiated a bit on the original price and finally agreed on a dollar amount. Apparently he gave us the texags discount and charges more for non texags members. I am very happy with my purchase and felt like I got a great deal compared to how much I would have paid at Cavenders. He said hes sold boots to about 500 texags members! I would definitely go back and purchase another pair of boots and recommend him to others, Matt is a cool and nice guy as well.

Thanks Ali for letting us use your name!
proptaxguy
u got it bud..
AMW2010
AG
Im still upset they don't let him sell turtle skin! damn them for being on the endangered species list!!
malenurse
AG
Picked up two matching pairs of black croc belly boots yesterday. One for Bigsteve713 and a pair for me. We'll wear them to his wedding this summer.
aTm_bomb
AG
Today I go see Matt at Exotic Leather and order some Black Cherry Ostrich Ropers. Pumped!
Sazerac
AG
Does this exotics place have normal leathers as well? I'm looking for a pretty simple pair of Chocolate that Lucchese charges $360+ for.
yeahtoast
AG
quote:
Does this exotics place have normal leathers as well? I'm looking for a pretty simple pair of Chocolate that Lucchese charges $360+ for.

You can walk out with some basic deer skin (look like ropers) for $150-180 depending on how hard you Persian.
Sazerac
AG
Went by. Very meh on their non exotics. Everything looks synthetic and cheap. Most are from Denver Boot company, some are house branded "safari". They were very comfortable though. Some cow, but a lot of deer and goat also.

No purchase made.
megs03
Bought my husband a pair of black ostrich boots (his 1st pair of boots) for Christmas. Great experience again!
kansas02gt
AG
Pair of belly's for less than $500? Nice!
C.C. Bay Ag
AG
quote:
Their "croc" bellies are actually caimans, also known as alligatorid crocodilians. There's a noticeable difference between them and my Lucchese croc belly. However, I wear the hell outta those caiman's, though. Not a bad boot for the money.
My main goal in life is to find a beer as cold as a woman's heart
nukeaggie2000
AG
Finally got to go visit them and I didn't leave disappointed. Dark brown caiman belly boots for $450.
drumboy
AG
quote:
quote:
Their "croc" bellies are actually caimans, also known as alligatorid crocodilians. There's a noticeable difference between them and my Lucchese croc belly. However, I wear the hell outta those caiman's, though. Not a bad boot for the money.

My Luchese's are Caiman Belly and they were twice what this guy is charging. I want to check out his basic leather boots.
KDubAg
AG
Went to Safari a few weeks ago and got a pair of black bellies for $440 out the door. Maybe it's me but I thought these were more comfortable than the Lucheses I tried on at the other stores.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
quote:
Went to Safari a few weeks ago and got a pair of black bellies for $440 out the door. Maybe it's me but I thought these were more comfortable than the Lucheses I tried on at the other stores.

You are absolutely correct
bonfarr
AG
http://m.cavenders.com/western/cowboy-boots/mens-boots-shoes/exotic-square-toe-boots/CAV323401-01

He is similarly priced to Cavender's in house label if you paid $440. I want a pair like this, I wonder if I showed him the link if he would beat that price.
AustinCountyAg
Anderson bean or gtfo
Agz96
AG
Boot Barn in Rosenburg has Lucchese Caiman Belly, same style as the Cavender's house brand for $449 during the Rodeo.
drumboy
AG
quote:
Boot Barn in Rosenburg has Lucchese Caiman Belly, same style as the Cavender's house brand for $449 during the Rodeo.
Cashes in 401k, looks up Rosenberg on google maps.
bonfarr
AG
EBay has a pair of preban Lucchese Sea Turtle boots in my size, the asking price is $625 OBO. They give you 3 bids and I went up to $400 and was denied. Prettiest boots I have ever seen.
drumboy
AG
These are clean.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=231505671070
bonfarr
AG
Thise are the ones, I bid $200, 300, then 400 and was denied.
Naveronski
AG
Looking at the listing... Are they alligator or sea turtle?
bonfarr
AG
Definitely sea turtle but EBay will pull the listing if they say what they really are even though it is legal to own preban boots. You sent them listed a lot and they use the term sea alligator, sea croc, etc.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.