Houston
Sponsored by

Western Boots

81,398 Views | 355 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ag_07
proptaxguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yes... just call him from time to time and give him your requirements... and see if he has them..
proptaxguy
Final update on any sea turtle, or endangered species boot.... He said " please don't talk to me about this cause its jail time for sure!! "

Just even talkin to him made him nervous about it...

Out of respect, let's drop the sea turtle boots thanks guys...

Now if you really like the sea turtle pattern, you can search for the leather embossed fake ones, that are perfectly legal to get, knowing ags, y'all don't like fake..
AMW2010
AG
well....that is upsetting... the search continues!
bonfarr
AG
Your Uncle is correct, the famous Mexican boot maker that made boots for Bush 41 and Vicente Fox was locked up for making sea turtle boots.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/topstories/2007-09-21-418414782_x.htm
bonfarr
AG
quote:
Go to Cavenders and find a pair of boots that you like and try them on til you get the size that fits you right. Write down the style and size and then find them online. At the very least you can save on the sales tax.

I did this today and it worked out great, I tried on many pairs at Cavenders and decided on the Justin full quill with the wide square toe. Priced $469.99 plus tax at Cavenders. I Google the style number and ShopWiki listed over a.dozen online retailers offering the boot with a low price if $338.85 with no tax and free shipping.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Does he do square toe? Looking for some full quill ostrich square toes. TIA!
proptaxguy
Yes he does... Call him to see if he has it in stock first.....
roycoy
Got these a few weeks ago with matching belt. I went in wanting Lizard but he did not have them in my size but had these Gators in stock that I didn't think I would like at first. I am more than pleased and boots are really comfortable. I spent $450 for boots and belt. Said it takes 3 weeks if you need to order something.

proptaxguy
Looks great!!!
Alan Stanwyck
AG
So you got those with the Ali special at Safari? That is a great deal.
roycoy
Yes, I got these at Safari. Said he gave me the "Aggie Special." I stopped by Cavender's on way home to pick up some pants and saw some comparable Gators for $799.
Alan Stanwyck
AG
Yeah those are sweet and the price is fantastic. Well done.
proptaxguy
Ahem... Yes.... Mention Ali or Aggies and get special pricing....

Nice boots sir... Well done..
AG Custom
AG
Matt does it again. Go a pair of square toe dark brown croc tails that are awesome and I was more than happy with the price. Ordering some black lizard to be made in the same style and almost pulled the trigger on a very unique pair of white and blue croc square toes but just couldnt get myself to do it.

Thanks for the recommendation and DO NOT take your wife there unless you want her to be like a kid in a candy store. My wife will never know of this place.......they really do have some great stuff.
megs
proptaxguy
sweet greggo
AG
Just picked up a pair of black full quill off the shelf Sweet!!!!
proptaxguy
David_Puddy
AG
I have some nice gator belly boots that I got at Safari as well. Didn't like the couple pairs of ostrich that he had though, but found some elsewhere. As I recall he has a few nice pair of hornbacks as well.
circa87
AG
what are safari's hours?
Steve McQueen
AG
Made my way in today. Matt did not seem as apt to negotiate as I had anticipated. Took me a good bit of negotiating to get out of there with a pair of gator belly and lizard...

Highly recommend.
POW
AG
What if I just want to get a basic pair of mens boots? Nothing exotic, just a quality pair of some brown leather boots.. A pair you wouldn't be afraid to wear working outside or out to a casual dinner with the family or to the bar with friends.

Would this still be a good place to see what he has available on the shelf?
AMW2010
AG
Hey Proptax, Do they still have that kind of boot im looking for? lol I swam with them this summer in St Thomas, but couldn't find any in my size
stevopike
AG
AMW2010

look on craigslist
vansprinkle
AG
Been wanting a pair of non-leather boots for a while and needed something in black. Wasn't sure if I wanted ostrich, croc, etc. Went with txaggie_08 during lunch today and picked up a black pair of crocs. So far so good and not a bad deal on the boots at all. Same pricing that it seems every non-Persian is getting.

Went with a French toe. I like the Spanish toe but somewhat prefer the French. Not as wide in the toe as my Larry Mahans and not as narrow in the toe as the Spanish style. Comfy and hopefully sturdy, as I'm bound to put some wear in em.

Overall I'm happy and if they hold up for a while I will be back for more. He is buying in to some Denver boot company and they have some pretty nice designs in the leather. Will have to look into those next time when he gets some actual stock.

[This message has been edited by Vansprinkle (edited 1/6/2014 2:03p).]
Mookie
AG
damn those are some nice looking kicks.
StillNotAnAggie
Bump.
primrose
Ebay. For the girls.

A few years ago, like five, I got a pair of pink cowgirl boots, never worn, and the ultimate prize, a pair of 30 year old Tony Lamas never worn, in the original box.
can't remember what I paid, but it was less than a hundred and fifty dollars a pair.

[This message has been edited by primrose (edited 2/1/2014 11:43p).]
CrossBowAg99
AG
Non-retards don't wear square toe boots. HTH
jja79
AG
Says can guy in a town soon to celebrate pretend Texan dress up day.

[This message has been edited by jja79 (edited 2/2/2014 6:43a).]
spider96
AG
How did I miss this thread? Been itching for a new pair of boots.
Jules_Winnfield
im looking to get my first pair of nice boots..

how did you guys choose between brown or black??
RK
AG
quote:
soon to celebrate pretend Texan dress up day

people dress up like pretend texans?
HtownAg92
AG
Now that thread got bumped, anyone have a recent account of getting a deal at Safari?
houstontx
there's no sales tax on boots in new jersey!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.