Houston
Sponsored by

Western Boots

80,928 Views | 355 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ag_07
megs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are there any other places in The Tine to buy western boots besides Cavenders?
RebelE Infantry
AG
Jesse's in South Houston.
Linz02Ag
AG
Outback Western Wear between The Woodlands and Magnolia
TXAG 05
AG
Pinto Ranch has nice stuff, if you want to drop some coin.
megs
I'm not looking to spend any fat coin...only around $150 range.
TXAG 05
AG
Then go to Cavendars and get a pair of Justins
swingline
Texas Junk Company. **Saturday only

http://www.yelp.com/biz/texas-junk-company-houston

[This message has been edited by swingline (edited 2/27/2012 1:07p).]
ccolley68
AG
You want boots, you dont want to go to Cavenders, and you don't want to spend more than $150.

My question is, why not Cavenders? $150 or less for boots will either land you at the bottom of the Cavenders inventory, or at Walmart or a thrift shop buying either some else leftovers, or something that feels like, and probably is made of plastic.

A $150 budget won't get you far at boot stores. If you want boots, get a decent pair, spend a little money, and keep them forever. I just got a pair of ostrich quill boots I have since high school resolved and they look like new. A good pair of boots will last you a long time with proper care.
Clarendon
If you know your size, I recommend buying them online. I wear justin and know my size so I just get mine online becasue I know they are not going to have what I want at cavenders in size 14 anyways and they will want to order them for me. You are probably going to find a limited selection in Houston right now becasue of rodeo and you are definitely not going to find anything on sale.

I have bought here before

http://www.scruggsfarm.com/justin.html

You can also try zappos.com or their are a ton of other places listed on the Justin website.

RK
AG
yea, it's going to be tough to find a place that has a better selection for that price-point than cavenders.

[This message has been edited by RK (edited 2/27/2012 2:04p).]
UH_AG_1979
You need to call safari exotic leather.. Talk to Matt he's my uncle..tell him Ali sent u.. Sent many other Ag's there and they are extreeeeeeemly happy..

You can get some sickkkkkkk boots for 150.00 if you can increase to 200 prob get some crocodile

6400 WESTPARK DR. SUITE 460
HOUSTON, TX 77057
(281) 325 1095
tamulax33
AG
quote:
You want boots, you dont want to go to Cavenders, and you don't want to spend more than $150.

My question is, why not Cavenders? $150 or less for boots will either land you at the bottom of the Cavenders inventory, or at Walmart or a thrift shop buying either some else leftovers, or something that feels like, and probably is made of plastic.

A $150 budget won't get you far at boot stores. If you want boots, get a decent pair, spend a little money, and keep them forever. I just got a pair of ostrich quill boots I have since high school resolved and they look like new. A good pair of boots will last you a long time with proper care.
First please stop telling my wife to spend more money..lol. For real though she already has a nice pair of boots just looking for a second pair (read not to be worn often) to be more girly if i remember correctly. She has already looked at Cavendars which she said not there.

Catch
AG
Go to Cavenders and find a pair of boots that you like and try them on til you get the size that fits you right. Write down the style and size and then find them online. At the very least you can save on the sales tax.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Didn't someone on this board get unusually pissed about doing that same recommendation, except at electronics retail stores?
jetch17
AG
Ch.13 was pimping some secondhand resale boot shop near montrose, but theyre only open on the weekends.

of course, now that the story has run, im sure that store has been raped & pillaged.

The name escapes me right now [/coolstorybro]
Linz02Ag
AG
quote:
Go to Cavenders and find a pair of boots that you like and try them on til you get the size that fits you right. Write down the style and size and then find them online. At the very least you can save on the sales tax.
Be sure and soak up the free a/c while you're there.
quote:
Didn't someone on this board get unusually pissed about doing that same recommendation, except at electronics retail stores?
Indeed
RK
AG
quote:
Be sure and soak up the free a/c while you're there.

it's free to shop. receiving a/c is not contingent on making a purchase.
Catch
AG
quote:

Why would someone get pissed about that? Were they a Best Buy employee or some ****?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I think he some ****. I just remember a thread getting out of control because the dude equated shopping in the store, then buying online to stealing, or something outlandish like that. May have been some dude with a really good troll, but he seemed pretty serious about the matter.
ccolley68
AG
Stores like best Buy (and pretty much anything other than a grocery store) would probably do themselves a huge favor and stop having these huge facilities, with all that warehouse space. Get smaller facilities, with very limited stock. Allow people to come in, try your product, see what they like, or how it fits, etc, then they order online. If you treat them well, and have a good price, they will probably buy from you. Shrinking the stores, on site inventory, overhead costs, and number of employees would allow them to compete with some of the online prices. If someone absolutely has to have it that day, they can buy the display, or might get lucky and you have ONE in stock. There is no reason for Best Buy to have 100,000+ sq ft showrooms with stuff everywhere. Include overnight shipping in your price and bam, all done.
megs
As the hubs said, I need a new pair that's more girly and lots more snazzy than the 2 pair of Justin Ropers that I wore through at The Hall of Shame back in college.

I looked at Cavenders but didn't see any that I liked. And yes, I realize now isn't the best time to be looking for boots.
megs
UH Ag, does your uncle's place have the boots in stock or does he make them upon order?
Linz02Ag
AG
Check out the Cavender's booth at Reliant Center. They always have tons of girly boots and if you show them Tamulax's badge you can get something like 10-20% off
Linz02Ag
AG
Or your badge if you're also on a committee.
Kay's Lounge
AG
megs - check out Urban Western Houston in the Heights... we went by there the other night and they have some cute, reasonably priced boots.
megs
HOLY SMOKES!!! I need these!!!
http://www.sheplers.com/Brands/Lucchese/Womens-Lucchese-Boots/Handcrafted-Lucchese-1883-Precious-Metal-Python-Print-Cowgirl-Boots-Snip-Toe/pc/447/c/305/sc/307/2105.pro
UH_AG_1979
quote:
UH Ag, does your uncle's place have the boots in stock or does he make them upon order?

He wholesales he has everything in stock including python, lizard, sting ray, crocodile,
Ostrich, and leather
maroon10
AG
Academy has a few women's styles...Justin and Ariat
RealtorMadison
quote:
quote:

He wholesales he has everything in stock including python, lizard, sting ray, crocodile,
Ostrich, and leather

I literally buy all my boots from here now ....crocs and ostrich are about $400...Persian discount knock off $50 or so....but tons of nice ladies boots.

I compare the quality of skins and cut to a nicer end boot at cavenders it pinto. Im going Wednesday if you want to come along...just give me a holler.

Shahin @Madisontx.com
strohag
AG
400 a pair is damn good. I'm in need of 2 new pair of boots. Might as well hit this place up for some exotics.
RealtorMadison
Call ahead before you go ..not much of a storefront so don't expect it to be pretty like cavenders. They don't do retail walk ins so Tell Matt, the owner, you're a friend of Shahin and he said to stop by or if you want me to call shoot me an email.
David_Puddy
AG
Dog, I may swing through and meet you on Wednesday. What time are you going?
jetch17
AG
dawg, lemme know which ones you get so i can go get the same pair
David_Puddy
AG
f you
AggieGumbo

I have some ladies Lucchese Charlie 1 Horse boots in a size 10 that I am looking to sell.

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h293/joj6312/Boots/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.