Outdoors
Sponsored by

And the wait begins

39,805 Views | 251 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dodger02
mneisch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm really surprised about your experience with the 22/45. My brother has a suppressor on one and I can shoot it in my back yard.
cledus6150
AG
The 22-45 was quite but when compared to the rifle it wasn't when close. The rifle blew it away with performance which is why I'm thinking about selling the pistol for $400
gumby579
AG
Got the email from Capitol Armory a little while ago that my stamp is there. Time for a very quiet party!
Burt Macklin, FBI
AG
Nice! Got my email from them on Monday, so only 10 days this time from approval to receipt of stamp. Headed up to Austin on Friday to pick it up and will stay in CS area for the game on Saturday.

Now if I could just get my two Form 1's back.
HumbleAg04
AG
Called and checked on my Form 4. Moved to pending March 9th. Still pending.
dodger02
AG
So pissed. I'm now on week 7 from date of approval. Still waiting for my stamp.
Naveronski
AG
And of y'all with a Saker need the 5.56 trifecta flash hider?
Burt Macklin, FBI
AG
dodger02 said:

So pissed. I'm now on week 7 from date of approval. Still waiting for my stamp.

Call them. When my first one took a month, they said after 4 weeks they can send you a copy.
EFE
AG
I might be interested, but in the back of my forgetful mind I'm telling myself no, because baffle strikes.
fire09
AG
Called my gun store and they told me they are receiving stamps in from mid/late Feb submissions. This is ****ing ridiculous. Hire more people....
Naveronski
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

I might be interested, but in the back of my forgetful mind I'm telling myself no, because baffle strikes.
What do you mean?
EFE
AG
Like I'd forget that I had swapped the end cap out while shooting 5.56 and then decide to go have 30cal fun and blow the end cap off.
Naveronski
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

Like I'd forget that I had swapped the end cap out while shooting 5.56 and then decide to go have 30cal fun and blow the end cap off.

Good thing they make replacements!

But really, I'm sure you realize that being able to quiet another rifle is a great opportunity.
EFE
AG
But is the 5-10db drop worth it if I'm not reloading subs?
Naveronski
AG
Hard to say. Personally, I only have 5.56.

But if you buy the trifecta, you at least have the option.

And if you have the .30 end cap, you can use the can while you decide if you want to buy another cap.
230Ag
AG
gumby579 said:

Got the email from Capitol Armory a little while ago that my stamp is there. Time for a very quiet party!
when did you submit it?
Burt Macklin, FBI
AG
I just got an email that one of my Form 1's was approved (submitted two of them the same day on 4/19). There was an electronic copy of the Form 1 with the stamp attached to the email. Do I need to physically wait for something to come in the mail, or am I good to go?
Aggietaco
AG
There are no hard copies for electronic submissions.
Naveronski
AG
Burt Macklin, FBI said:

I just got an email that one of my Form 1's was approved (submitted two of them the same day on 4/19). There was an electronic copy of the Form 1 with the stamp attached to the email. Do I need to physically wait for something to come in the mail, or am I good to go?

For eforms, all you'll get is the email stamp.

Congrats!
Burt Macklin, FBI
AG
Thanks, guys! Just got the email for the second one as well. Looks like I have a 300 SBR to build now.
gumby579
AG
I bought my can 2/10. Went pending 3/1 and was approved 9/21 if I'm remembering correctly.
PMD03
AG
I just received my stamp yesterday, October 11th. Check was cashed on March 4th so the wait was 222 days.
AgBass01
AG
I'm about to join the wait. Just finished filling out and signing my Form 1 suppressor papers. Will get everything shipped out within the next week.
AgBass01
AG
Form 1 went in the mail today.
FiTxAg04
AG
Finally shot my CZ 455 this weekend with my Mask attached. Coolest thing ever. I ran about 75 rounds of CCI Standard Velocity and every round stayed subsonic. *click*........*TING* All you hear. So much fun. The CZ is pretty badass, too. I zero'd my scope at 100 yds and it was laying down nickel-size groups. Tried stretching out to 200 yds, but there was absolutely no consistency with the subsonic rounds so I never could establish a holdover.

4 months down on my Form 4, hopefully half-way through the wait to take these home.

dodger02
AG
For those who have had to request a copy of their stamp directly from the NFA Branch, how long did it take to receive it?

I'm two months post approval with no stamp yet (so says my dealer). I sent my request to get a copy of the stamp earlier this week.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
About a week.
HumbleAg04
AG
Form 4 submitted March 9th. Accepted and moved to Pending March 11th.

Approved Oct 14th. Stamp at Dealer Oct 28th.

AAC 762 SDN-6 in my hands later today...!
dodger02
AG
Something is going on. My dealer still denies knowing anything about my stamp, yet you get yours in 2 weeks. I sent my request for a copy in on October 18th and don't have anything, yet.
taquache02
AG
My wait began this past Thursday... Cant wait to try out my Omega .30 cal can...
EFE
AG
We should my suppressed stuff while you wait for your suppressed stuff sometime.
HumbleAg04
AG
http://imgur.com/myuXxwT
taquache02
AG
Sounds like a plan! Shoot me a text sometime.
EFE
xMusashix
AG
I received the approval email from e forms on a Form 1(SBR) submitted May 8.

Hopefully a paper form 4 is coming soon as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.