Outdoors
Sponsored by

And the wait begins

39,814 Views | 251 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dodger02
Centerpole90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are you dealing local? STS?
texrover91
AG
Bought my Thunder Beast in December and was told not to worry about it until April

When are the new obama rules in effect?
texrover91
AG
BTW, does anyone know how to handle a change of address with the ATF?

EFE
AG
Yessir, had crews right down the road from them this morning. Mark reacting to call volume was entertaining. He said last time his phone rang like this they sold out of every can on inventory in like a week.
Centerpole90
AG
Hmmm. I need to head over.
Dr. Faustus
AG
Just got an email from the ATF stating that my Form 1 has been approved. I e-filed on 9/13, so wait time was 134 days. It's going to be a SBR on my Class Year receiver set from EyeGuy. Too bad I'm going fishing in a few weeks and will almost certainly lose it in the lake.
tx4guns
AG
Doing my class year set as an SBR, too. Just filed my Form 1.

quote:
Just got an email from the ATF stating that my Form 1 has been approved. I e-filed on 9/13, so wait time was 134 days. It's going to be a SBR on my Class Year receiver set from EyeGuy. Too bad I'm going fishing in a few weeks and will almost certainly lose it in the lake.
BL_45_acp
I am checking mailbox holding my chest I have a form 1 to SBR a sig MPX sent 8-31. It was returned 2 weeks ago as ATF wanted SIG MPX as model not just MPX. I have an octane HD in jail mailed same day to go on it. I am thinking I am in the home stretch.
Burt Macklin, FBI
AG
quote:
I am checking mailbox holding my chest I have a form 1 to SBR a sig MPX sent 8-31. It was returned 2 weeks ago as ATF wanted SIG MPX as model not just MPX. I have an octane HD in jail mailed same day to go on it. I am thinking I am in the home stretch.

I'm looking at the exact same setup, so good to know about the model number. Just ordered an Octane 45 HD and an Omega .308. About to SBR the MPX and a lower that I have laying around.
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:

I've got a Thunder Beast Ultra 7 in jail right now up at Spring Guns & Ammo. Form 4 filed a few weeks ago. Expecting another 4 months or so.
Mr. Dubi
was the Octane on form 3 or form 4?
tx4guns
AG
Cave,

What do they charge for the TB Ultra 7?
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
Cave,

What do they charge for the TB Ultra 7?

Sticker price was $1129 or $1150 I believe, but I got it for right at $1000. They'll file your Form 4 for you as well. Just make them a copy of your trust info, and they'll take care of it. Good customer service, knowledgeable staff, nice selection of weapons and other NFA items, pretty good indoor range, etc. I like them a lot.
lglidewell
3 weeks ago efiled a Form1 SBR and snail mailed a Form 4 transfer for my first can (used a LEO signoff) to my trust. Also at that time bought an AAC SDN-6 and snail mailed in a Form4.

Here in about 3 more weeks, going to get another AAC SDN-6 hopefully filed...

Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
I've got a SilencerCo Saker 7.62 in jail. Form 4 check cashed 8/31, and no sign of approval yet. I thought I'd have it a few weeks ago, based on the processing times when I ordered it, but they've been going steadily up. In the immortal words of Tom Petty, the waiting is the hardest part.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
Just called the BATFE and they said my form 4 was approved on January 16 (whoop!), but I called the FFL and he said he doesn't have it yet (hissss!). Is it normal to be 3 weeks post-approval and not have be able to pick the damn thing up?!?! Just when I thought the wait was over . . . waiting some more!
Naveronski
AG
Silencer Shop's website has a Form 4 tracker on it that was very close for mine.

Currently waiting on a Form 1 to come back. Might have to pick up a few lowers to beat the NFA changes.
Aggietaco
AG
My last approval was 2 weeks from stamp date to when my dealer e-mailed me.
Aggietaco
AG
quote:
Might have to pick up a few lowers to beat the NFA changes.
My thoughts as well, but I'm trying to figure out how many form 1 lowers I really need.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
When was that? The guy told me he has seen them go three weeks after signing until they get mailed, then another week after mailing . . . seems absurd, but then again gubmint.
Aggietaco
AG
Last November. Not too long ago but before the crazy set in.
EFE
AG
Checks were cashed 12/29/15 and 1/12/16, how much longer?
txyaloo
AG
quote:
When was that? The guy told me he has seen them go three weeks after signing until they get mailed, then another week after mailing . . . seems absurd, but then again gubmint.
He isn't lying. I've seen approved forms take up to 6 weeks to get into the FFL's hands. ~10 years ago, all of my forms were being processed by William Shipman. His nickname was "Shredder" Shipman because approved and pending forms would mysteriously disappear off of his desk. Eventually it was found he was shredding forms when he started to get behind. He was notorious for shredding print cards too.

I had an approved form sit on his desk for 4 weeks before mailing. I had to call the Chief of the NFA branch to find my paperwork and get it in the mail. Sandra Snook was almost as bad about sitting on forms.
EFE
AG
Still pending
AggieMPH2005
I am still waiting on my Recce. Starting to get anxious for good news. Waiting since Sept 25.
Mr. Dubi
Just got my stamp. F3 to dealer purchase August 15, to dealer on October 20. Approved March 25, then stamp came in April 4.
EFE
AG
Bought one of these on Saturday so my .22 can would have something to live on. Shop guys say they make lots of money on folks waiting on cans who foolishly swing by to see if the paper work magically appeared.
highvelocity
AG
quote:
Bought one of these on Saturday so my .22 can would have something to live on. Shop guys say they make lots of money on folks waiting on cans who foolishly swing by to see if the paper work magically appeared.

have you shot this guy in .17 hmr? been waiting on my can to get in before i buy one
EFE
AG
I have not. But the .22 version is basically savages TOL model with a shorter barrel and the base model/crappy stock from what I've read. I've shot a buddies spendy version and it's great. Will likely put a Boyd's stock on mine for shtts and giggles.
highvelocity
AG
whered you buy yours at?
EFE
AG
Local shop here in El Valle
AggieGunslinger
AG
If there was a shop around me that carries serious O/Us and class three gear I would be real life lolpoors not just TexAgs lolpoors.
EFE
AG
I like to think that I'm just heavily invested in steel, copper, brass and lead.
highvelocity
AG
grandpa always said, the best investment you can make is in firearms
AggieGunslinger
AG
I call it vertical integration in raw materials.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.