Outdoors
Sponsored by

And the wait begins

39,798 Views | 251 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dodger02
cledus6150
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got the call, that my stamp arrived at Champions, that makes for 8 days after approval.
cledus6150
AG
dodger02
AG
Mine's approved:

Purchased - January 6, 2016
Form 4 received - February 12, 2016
Approved - August 20, 2016

That's 191 days from Form 4 being received and 229 days from date of purchase.
nuclearnurse
S
I currently have 9 suppressors in FFL prison until the paperwork clears. They have a song about the wait being hard...
EFE
AG
This is the most amazing humble brag
Aggietaco
AG
No chit! $1,800 in gubmnet donations alone.
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
I currently have 9 suppressors in FFL prison until the paperwork clears. They have a song about the wait being hard...
9? really? You know a .45 works on a 9mm? and a .30 works on a .223?
dodger02
AG
Yeah, but lining up 10 rifles and guns next to 4 cans with the caption, "...and this one and this one can go on these and this one can go on these three, and this one..." isn't nearly as cool as lining up all ten with ten individual cans.
35chililights
AG
just found out my "filed mid February" is actually "filed mid April".

i'm going to go home and cry now.
Mr. Dubi
quote:
just found out my "filed mid February" is actually "filed mid April".

i'm going to go home and cry now.
Did you buy something on a form 3? Have to wait for the transfer, then filed form 4.... Been there.
35chililights
AG
Honestly, i'm not sure what happened. I do know the dealer did not have it in stock. I do know they had to wait for a SN before submitting the paperwork. I don't understand how they had to wait 2 months to be issued a SN, and I didn't press them on it. maybe i should have, but I want a future relationship with them.

I purchased half the suppressor and the stamp tax on the 3rd of Feb. Oh well. I've moved from the anticipation stage back into the its-best-to-forget-you-even-have-it-coming stage.
35chililights
AG
it is just disheartening because i have an approved SBR in 300 that was e-filed on the 3rd of feb too, just sitting there waiting for its full potential. if i didn't have the SBR complete, it wouldn't be so heartbreaking.
txyaloo
AG
quote:
Honestly, i'm not sure what happened. I do know the dealer did not have it in stock. I do know they had to wait for a SN before submitting the paperwork. I don't understand how they had to wait 2 months to be issued a SN, and I didn't press them on it. maybe i should have, but I want a future relationship with them.

I purchased half the suppressor and the stamp tax on the 3rd of Feb. Oh well. I've moved from the anticipation stage back into the its-best-to-forget-you-even-have-it-coming stage.
Legally, the dealer has to wait until they have the item physically in their hands before sending off the forms. They weren't waiting to be issued a SN. They were waiting on the Form 3 to be approved and the can shipped to them.

Some dealers will do "jump" transfers by sending out a Form 4 while a Form 3 is still processing. This can bite them in the ass. They can't legally submit the Form 4 until the Form 3 is approved because they don't own the NFA item yet.
35chililights
AG
Thanks for the clarification. I still don't get why suppressors are so highly regulated.
FiTxAg04
AG
My Mask finally came in to my dealer. Gonna try to get out there this weekend to play. Been stocking up on a lot of CCI Standard Velocity (hopefully stays sub in a 16" barrel), and one of these

drummer0415
AG
Stopped by EyeGuy's shop yesterday for a short conjugal visit with my new toys. It sucks knowing I won't get to take them home for probably a year, but it was still cool getting to see/hold them and knowing they are mine.

schmellba99
AG
It wont. Need subsonic for anything longer than about 10" of barrel.
FiTxAg04
AG
I hope that's not the case. I've read online reports of them staying sub out of rifles except for in cold weather. But if not, oh well, no such thing as too much .22.
EFE
AG
CCI Standard velo's are at 1070fps. I haven't had any jump super on me and I've probably chewed through close to 3 bricks of it since I got my can in June. And my Savage has the 16" barrel. I think you're gtg.
cledus6150
AG
DO you have that CZ, I have been thinking about getting it but heard that there threading was suspect.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
CCI Standard velo's are at 1070fps. I haven't had any jump super on me and I've probably chewed through close to 3 bricks of it since I got my can in June. And my Savage has the 16" barrel. I think you're gtg.
Didn't realize CCI standard velocity was that low. Assumed it was in the 1150-1200 FPS range like most. 1070 is borderline, I defer to your experience. Good info to know for me too...
FiTxAg04
AG
I do have it in hand. The day I bought it, I ran some subs through it with my dealer's SiCo Sparrow attached. No issues with concentricity or attaching the can. Threading seems to be fine on mine. The build quality of the CZ is impressive. My Remington 597 feels like a toy in comparison. My only gripe would be that the bolt handle barely clears the scope when open, and I wish it came with a longer one or there was an easier way to attach one. It does clear, though. The safety and bolt lockup are a little stiff, but I'm sure they will loosen up in time. Awesome little rifle.

dodger02
AG
Well, I'm growing concerned that the local dealer that is holding my suppressor has gone out of business. I ordered from Silencer Shop who transferred the suppressor to a local dealer near my home whom I've visited in the past.

My stamp was approved 2+ weeks ago, so I called to check with the local dealer, directly. All phone numbers I and Silencer Shop have for them have been disconnected and one online listing leads me to believe the business is closed.

This might get interesting.

UPDATE: Found the guy through some Facebook sleuthing. Appears his storefront name is different than the transferor name on the ATF paperwork.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I have had a few go super out of the 16" Kidd barrel on my 10/22, but not enough to worry about it.
35chililights
AG
So were you able to contact him?
dodger02
AG
Yes. Found an old FB page that showed a phone number that worked. No stamp, yet. He said to call back in a week if he hadn't contacted me, first.

I'm a bit anxious.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
quote:
Yes. Found an old FB page that showed a phone number that worked. No stamp, yet. He said to call back in a week if he hadn't contacted me, first.

I'm a bit anxious.
Took 4 weeks from approval to stamp for me. Sucks, but hold your water.
k00bz
AG
Specwar 762 and Octane 45 HD approved yesterday. Purchased from Capitol Armory via trust on 2/2; went pending on 2/23. Now the second wait for the stamp begins.
Burt Macklin, FBI
AG
Silencerco Octane purchased through Capitol Armory.

Purchased 2/9/16
Check cashed 3/1/16
Approved 9/21/16.

I don't believe Capitol has received the stamp, however. I just happened to call and check status.
nealan
I shoot CCI Standard in my 16" CZ 452 and it's pretty dang quiet. And, I don't even have my sparrow yet!!
gumby579
AG
Burt Macklin, FBI said:

Silencerco Octane purchased through Capitol Armory.

Purchased 2/9/16
Check cashed 3/1/16
Approved 9/21/16.

I don't believe Capitol has received the stamp, however. I just happened to call and check status.

This is very good news. I bought my can the day after from CA. Check cashed same date. Hopefully we are very close.
cledus6150
AG
Well I decided I wasn't too impressed with the 22/45's ability and how the rounds sounded coming out. So I went out and bought a CZ 455 tacticool, I have to say the CCI sub Sonics, quiets and even standard velocity are very quite. The mini-mags have the noticeable crack, but still arnt bad.

CZ 455 tacicool
SilencerCo Sparrow
Leupold VXII 4-12 AO
dodger02
AG
Congrats. But as Monkey Ambassador said above: hold your water.

My stamp was approved on August 20th and it still hasn't arrived at my dealer.
Burt Macklin, FBI
AG
Yeah, my last one was just over a month from approval to receiving stamp. It's just good to know that I'm on the downhill stretch finally.
230Ag
AG
I'm still waiting for my Form 3 to clear so my toy can get sent to the local dealer to begin the Form 4.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.