Outdoors
Sponsored by

And the wait begins

39,802 Views | 251 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dodger02
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hear ya! So far I have bought a CZ 452 .22 AND an M&P .22 compact. Waiting on a sparrow and a Saker 762
EFE
AG
Today is day 120 from the day my first check was cashed. Gotta be getting close.
EFE
AG
First stamp approved per NFA lady on the phone just now
Aggietaco
AG
I'm a few days behind your first stamp last December, hopefully I get some good news soon.

I was expecting a F1 from January back by now though. Thought those were running decently quick.
35chililights
AG
Feb 3rd eForm 1 still in limbo.
EFE
AG
It's here, headed to the range as soon as I can get out of work
TwoMarksHand
AG
Nice!
EFE
AG
So f'ing sexy
Swarely
drummer0415
EFE
AG
First blood
FiTxAg04
AG
My local range got an Omega in. I snagged it today. Waiting on the trust now. Cool thing is I can shoot it at the range while I'm waiting on my stamp, so that should help the wait.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Well done.
35chililights
AG
I'm sure you've posted before, but what caliber is that SBR?
EFE
AG
300blk, 10.5 Rainier match barrel, seekins fore end, spikes bcg, palmetto blem upper blah blah blah... It shoots and kills stuff
35chililights
AG
the wait sucks. I'm trying to live through you.
i have a 11.3 inch wilson combat, seekins rail, santan upper/lower I'm waiting to put together. NFA tracker tells me i have a 73.77% chance of the SBR stamp coming by months end.

of course i have a YHM phantom that was ordered on Feb 3rd. but that likely won't be until July sometime.
EFE
AG
Honestly the fact the my .22 can hasn't cleared yet kills me more than the 30cal can.
EFE
AG
Stamp day! Every jack rabbit in the fields I'm checking today should have genuine concern for their life and well being.
35chililights
AG
Mr. Dubi
quote:
Honestly the fact the my .22 can hasn't cleared yet kills me more than the 30cal can.
300 subs are a hoot. If I was a billionaire I'd shoot 'em all day. Love the .22 too.
EFE
AG
At a dollar a round it's worse than going to the titter with with a wad of singles. At least with the .22 I'm just bouncing nickels across the stage. And I bounced an eff load of nickels across the stage today.
cledus6150
AG
Just called them on mine put in on January 30, pending as of February 11th and expect approval by middle of July is what the guy said.
35chililights
AG
quote:
Just called them on mine put in on January 30, pending as of February 11th and expect approval by middle of July is what the guy said.
What was it, a Form 1?
Did you e-file? and if so, why do you have a pending date different than submission date (I'm assuming you mean submitted date when you said 'put in on January 30')?

Since this SBR is my first NFA submission, I can't shake the feeling that I may have missed a step and its stuck in limbo without my knowledge.
EFE
AG
Have you called to check status? The operator can generally tell you if it's got anything that's flagged for review. Or at least that's what one of the ones I talked with some time over the last 5 months said back in April.
cledus6150
AG
Mine is a form 4 for a sparrow, it was mailed.
EFE
AG
Mine were snail mail and wait times ran right at the 4-5mo ETA.

On a side note, the CCI segmented hollow point subs are pure carnage on jack rabbits and black birds. Holy hell.
cledus6150
AG
Both are great to know, I just happen to have a couple hundred rounds of sub segmented hp's. I look forward to using them. Now the big question is do I thread my 10/22, buy a Volquartsen barrel, buy a bolt 22 with threads or a 22/45 first. The goal is to have them all but gotta determine which is first.
EFE
AG
I bought the Mark ii because it was threaded and handy and $150 cheaper than the threaded 10/22 that was sitting next to it. I've been really happy with it so far. Although I saw a deal on a 10/22 take down with threaded barrel on grabagun or some other such site for $249 today and I winced a bit. Although I think having a bolt gun keeps me from going full rtard and just doing mag dump after mag dump because it's effing cool.
35chililights
AG
Similar "problems" here.

I have a nice wood stocked 77/22, but I don't want to thread it. It's too nice. So I think I'm going to go the Ruger American .22 route. It'll take the rotary mags I already have for my 77/22 and it can be a beater. $220.
Naveronski
AG
Ugh, I have to decide on a 10.3" 5.56 or 9" .300blk upper.

Probably the 5.56 due to ammo availability, cost, current supply, and known ballistics.

.300 sounds great, subs are good too, and everything else, but it seems a ton more expensive. I'm also not convinced on long term ammo availability.
FiTxAg04
AG
Should I buy a .22 can? I need someone to push me over the edge. I've been wavering on ordering a Dead Air Mask for a week now. I don't have a host, but I'll have plenty of time to pick one out. Now that I've gone through the steps to order my Omega, I can't help but think I should add a rim fire can now so my trustees won't have to go through the additional hassle later.
Aggietaco
AG
Absolutely, yes.

.22 is the most fun thing to shoot suppressed.
Aggietaco
AG
Err, most fun semi-auto or single action, I should say.
Naveronski
AG
quote:
Err, most fun semi-auto or single action, I should say.

Yes on the can; 22/45 & 10/22 for hosts.
FiTxAg04
AG
Done. Ordered a Mask today. Gonna be a long wait, but will give me plenty of time to find some new hosts. I'm thinking Victory and Savage Mark II TRR-SR Or FV-SR with a replacement stock.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.