Dark Souls III

20,430 Views | 195 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TriumphForks
meggy09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I solo'd it maybe 3rd or 4th try. Just ran in circles first phase and let the red eye knight do most damage then dealt last bit when main guy was distracted. So ended up with all estus flasks in tact. Flame sword was tough, roll left or right when he does a charge move them poke him 1 or 2 then retreat. If he was doing the sweeping moves I just got away. By the time he was getting close to death so was I so I just rushed in and luckily finished him before I ate it.
HowdyOutbound
quote:
WARNING:

If you are on PS4, do not, I repeat, do NOT install the latest patch v1.04. It just completely breaks the game. The online doesn't work and the frame rate tanks down to single digits. If you get the prompt to download it, cancel it immediately and just the game offline since you can't play it online with the latest patch anyway.

Hopefully this isn't the case for the XB1, but keep in mind that for the PS4 version is flat out broken with this patch.

EDIT: Well about an hour later it looks like things kind of stabilized. Good to see now, but I would still keep this in mind.

Ugh. That patch automatically installed on my PS4. I couldn't play online tonight.
Post removed:
by user
nomad2007
AG
quote:
I solo'd it maybe 3rd or 4th try. Just ran in circles first phase and let the red eye knight do most damage then dealt last bit when main guy was distracted. So ended up with all estus flasks in tact. Flame sword was tough, roll left or right when he does a charge move them poke him 1 or 2 then retreat. If he was doing the sweeping moves I just got away. By the time he was getting close to death so was I so I just rushed in and luckily finished him before I ate it.
I had to summon, but the phantom died right before the end of the first stage so I solo'd the fire guy using that strategy and haven't beaten him yet.

I was written a prescription for my solo-ing problem, but I haven't gotten it filled yet.

HowdyOutbound
Git gud nub
HowdyOutbound
Have you tried this strategy?

nomad2007
AG
quote:
Have you tried this strategy?

That guy is pretty buffed compared to my character, but I'll give it a try. I need to just two-hand my weapon and quit trying to mess with a shield.
HowdyOutbound
I never use a shield for a boss fight. They hit your shield way too hard and drain all your stamina which pretty much means you can't attack back or can't roll away. It's better to just avoid getting hit in the first place.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
quote:
I had to summon, but the phantom died right before the end of the first stage so I solo'd the fire guy using that strategy and haven't beaten him yet.

I was written a prescription for my solo-ing problem, but I haven't gotten it filled yet.

What platform are you on? I'll co-op it with you if you're on PS4.
nomad2007
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

What platform are you on? I'll co-op it with you if you're on PS4.

PC, first time I've bought a souls game on a platform other than PS.

Bryan98
AG
Dude, nice image!

PC graphics can be absolutely gorgeous, but the older I get, the less time I have for a high-maintenance relationship with a gaming device.
nomad2007
AG
quote:
Dude, nice image!

PC graphics can be absolutely gorgeous, but the older I get, the less time I have for a high-maintenance relationship with a gaming device.

It's an abusive relationship too. You keep buying nicer and nicer things for it, but it still can let you down when you need it most.
HowdyOutbound
I gave up on building gaming PCs for the same reasons.
Post removed:
by user
wreckt01
Killed Wolnir and Aldrich, so far so good with the str build.
wreckt01
Got on a roll yesterday and finished first play though. I may jump straight into ng+1 after a quick spec balance. Amazing game. I think a missed a bunch of npc quests and optional areas so round two I'll try for 100% completion.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
If anyone wants to cheese the Mound Maker covenant item Vertebrae Shackle together, hit me up. You need 30 to get one of the pyromancies.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
If anyone wants to cheese the Mound Maker covenant item Vertebrae Shackle together, hit me up. You need 30 to get one of the pyromancies.

I don't, but what's the cheese?
SECivil Ag-11
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't, but what's the cheese?
lol.

Lay down a password protected summon sign as a Mound Maker, have a friend summon you, kill him, rinse and repeat.
Scotty Flamingo
A month ban prevented me from posting on this thread....but what a freaking great game. Perfect send off to the souls series
Post removed:
by user
spieg12
AG
I just got this yesterday. Spent an hour getting my ass handed to me by Iudex Gundyr then had to go to bed. It was rough.
Iced-T14
AG
First of the dark soul games. This **** is intense!!! Anyone have any build tips?
Scotty Flamingo
quote:
First of the dark soul games. This **** is intense!!! Anyone have any build tips?

Put points into vitality so you can wear better armor and take a beating
SECivil Ag-11
AG
quote:
I'm at SL 191...about to finish my second playthrough. All that's left is the rings, gestures, and 2 other endings to get the platinum trophy.

Getting to Rank 2 in Darkmoon is an unbelievable beating..5-6 hours of farming the Anor Londo silver knights with full item discovery gear.
Yeah, it wouldn't be so bad if the blue phantom system wasn't so terribly designed. It's awful, and the Proofs drop so very rarely. Can't trade them either. Bring back the Blue Eye Orb plz! I'm very close to the platinum too. All I have left are Miracles, Sorceries, and of course the other endings.

and to Iced-T14: don't be afraid to experiment and don't feel like you have to absolutely commit completely to strength or dexterity. Definitely feed points into strength or dex if your favorite weapon favors those, but builds with both are a thing and some weapons do take advantage of that. No matter what kind of character you build you're most likely going to come up with something very viable to beat the game, as long as you settle into your personal favorite play style. Also, upgrade your weapons. Titanite aren't finite, so don't feel like using one to upgrade is going to set you back.
Scotty Flamingo
So do you have to have all the rings, spells, gestures, etc on one character? Or can they be spread out?

I know on ds1 you could spread them out between characters
SECivil Ag-11
AG
quote:
So do you have to have all the rings, spells, gestures, etc on one character? Or can they be spread out?

I know on ds1 you could spread them out between characters
They can be spread out. As long as one character has all the rings, then the trophy/achievement for it will pop. Same goes for the rest of the collectibles.

SECivil Ag-11
AG

Till next time Dark Souls....what a franchise you have been. If this is truly the end, then what a send off.
nomad2007
AG
Anyone encountered the little mini-freezes on PC after the latest patch?
Scotty Flamingo
Plan on beating the game this weekend
HowdyOutbound
quote:
I just got this yesterday. Spent an hour getting my ass handed to me by Iudex Gundyr then had to go to bed. It was rough.

Lol.

Git gud.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
***spoilers***

That was my favorite ending as well. I believe it's the official true ending too. After all the time you spent with the Fire Keeper, it was a very serene moment considering the circumstances. I didn't think the cutscene for the Usurpation of Fire ending was that bad, but will say that I liked its concept the best.

***/end spoilers***

And yes, I've raged about the Concords many times while playing lol. I got up to around 150 or so by putting a bunch of stats into Luck. Played around with Hollow infusion with the Onikiri and Ubadachi to take advantage of the high Luck stat, which turned out great since Hollow weapons and bleed buildup scale with Luck. Couple that with Carthus Rouge and bosses just melt before you.
Halibut
AG
After letting the game sit for a couple weeks I finally got back last night and made it to the abyss walkers. Holy ****, setup to that fight is so awesome. The whole "honorable duel, while stopping occasionally to take care of these fodder dudes" just totally does it for me.

Hopefully I'll get to take another stab at it this weekend.
Scotty Flamingo
Cleaning some things up on my first playthrough. Nameless king is giving me fits and I refuse to summon for help. I'm gonna do it on my own!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.