Dark Souls III

20,423 Views | 195 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TriumphForks
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In a game that is apparently ridiculously frustratingly hard, people can randomly appear and assassinate you. Gonna have to buy couple controllers with it
HowdyOutbound
quote:
In a game that is apparently ridiculously frustratingly hard, people can randomly appear and assassinate you. Gonna have to buy couple controllers with it

Not only that, but I was playing the other day with two people summoned to help me. A single player invaded my game and murdered all three of us. Sht happens in this game.
Bryan98
AG
quote:

Dark Souls 1 is my favorite game ever, and 3 is seeming like a worthy successor. What platform are you getting it for?
wangus12
AG
X1. Don't own a PS4 yet.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
Fair warning, there are moments in Dark Souls 3 that won't resonate with you if you haven't played the previous games. It won't break your experience, but like most sequels, DS3 will mean more those who did play the first 2 games, especially DS1.

Everyone really should play Dark Souls 1. The level design is some of the best ever in video games and it's a lot more accessible that its reputation gives off.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Fair warning, there are moments in Dark Souls 3 that won't resonate with you if you haven't played the previous games. It won't break your experience, but like most sequels, DS3 will mean more those who did play the first 2 games, especially DS1.

Everyone really should play Dark Souls 1. The level design is some of the best ever in video games and it's a lot more accessible that its reputation gives off.

Well said.
HowdyOutbound
Has anyone sent Greirat off to look for more items? How long is he gone, or what needs to happen in my game before he comes back? Do I need to beat the undead settlement boss or something?

I think he has a key that I need to buy for the undead settlement area.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Has anyone sent Greirat off to look for more items? How long is he gone, or what needs to happen in my game before he comes back? Do I need to beat the undead settlement boss or something?

I've sent him off a couple times, and yes, while he's gone you're locked out of his items.

I'm not sure he sells the key you're referring to, though - but that was a long time ago for me. I'm over 35 hours in.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
quote:

If we're talking about the same door (near the rats?), then the Handmaiden will have the key you're looking for, but only after you give her some umbral ashes. I can't remember which one it is though, it's been a while.
HowdyOutbound
Oohhh y'all are right. I need to give the handmaiden the morticians ashes from undead settlement to get the grave key. Thanks!
Post removed:
by user
HowdyOutbound
Character update. Love this armor.

Bryan98
AG
Yeah, that armor is super sweet.
TombstoneTex
AG
This seems like a good thread to drop this in...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged/dark-soulstm-the-board-game

Bryan98
AG
quote:
This seems like a good thread to drop this in...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged/dark-soulstm-the-board-game

When I checked in with that Kickstarter - on day one, having heard about it beforehand - I was underwhelmed in that there were a ton of seeming endorsements, but none of them had actually seen or played the game. They were just endorsing the concept of a Dark Souls game. Every board game Kickstarter I see (tons) has given advance review copies out to prominent reviewers and gotten feedback before the campaign begins.

Further, these people have made one board game previously, and I'd never heard of it.

What's weirdest to me is that there's also a Bloodborne game coming soon, but it's from one of the absolute top designers in board games right now, Erik Lang, and it's published by one of the hottest up and coming publishers, Cool Mini Or Not.

I'm going to assume that's because the people at Bandai Namco licensed this game to this group of randoms (probably with very favorable terms for BN), whereas Sony or From hooked up with Lang and CMON. Rumor has it that this will be the last Souls game that Bandai Namco handles.

Bandai Namco also recently tweeted that a BIG announcement was coming the next day for the Souls series, and it turned out to be some new shirts, every one of which featured an ugly, lazy design. I own a Dark Souls shirt, and I want to own more, but there wasn't one I could consider for a moment. I feel like Bandai Namco is doing some hugely cynical cash-in while they've still got this property to exploit.
TombstoneTex
AG
There is a short video on gameplay and hopefully they will release another before the kickstarter ends. I think I'm going to roll the dice (pun intended) and get the game.
Halibut
AG
I might get it just for the figures. If it's a good game, that's icing on the cake.
TombstoneTex
AG
quote:
I might get it just for the figures. If it's a good game, that's icing on the cake.

Agreed! Looks like some may come painted
HowdyOutbound
I've gone full Sith Lord.

Bryan98
AG
quote:
There is a short video on gameplay and hopefully they will release another before the kickstarter ends. I think I'm going to roll the dice (pun intended) and get the game.

Didn't they sau there's no Kickstarter exclusives? I love Dark Souls and board games, but I want to hear from someone who has played this thing.
TombstoneTex
AG
quote:
quote:

Didn't they sau there's no Kickstarter exclusives? I love Dark Souls and board games, but I want to hear from someone who has played this thing.

From how I read it there are no Kickstarter exclusives but the stretch goals/expansions would have to be purchased separately from the core game post Kickstarter.
HowdyOutbound
This board game stuff does not interest me. This thread is for the video game discussion.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
This board game stuff does not interest me. This thread is for the video game discussion.

So try posting some discussion instead of your daily Glamor Shots, k?
nomad2007
AG
quote:
quote:

Zing
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Zing

Boom... Headshot!
HowdyOutbound
SECivil Ag-11
AG
Nearing the end of the game so I'm doing some cleanup before the inevitable point of no return. From Soft is keeping their reputation of hiding massive chunks of the game completely hidden from those who don't explore thoroughly. I took down all the optional bosses so all I have left to do is offer up the final Lord of Cinder Soul. I do want to get the platinum trophy for this one like I did Dark Souls and Bloodborne, but the way they handled rings in this one is going to make it drag on.
nomad2007
AG
Anyone have a good strategy for the Abyss Watchers? I keep hearing they're easy, yet I keep barely even getting to 50% health on the second stage.
HowdyOutbound
Yes, don't die.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Anyone have a good strategy for the Abyss Watchers? I keep hearing they're easy, yet I keep barely even getting to 50% health on the second stage.
Jolly cooperation?
Saxsoon
AG
Lord sulyvhan was a massive **** lord. I found out there was a way to take huge chunks of his health and was able to get to half health on him and then he grew two ****s.

I decided to try the npc in the area and got him first try after that.
nomad2007
AG
quote:
Yes, don't die.
Tried that one. Doesn't seem to be working.
wreckt01
Been taking it slow exploring quite a bit. Killed greatwood and crystal sage then snagged a dark sword in farrons. Game is a blast so far.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
WARNING:

If you are on PS4, do not, I repeat, do NOT install the latest patch v1.04. It just completely breaks the game. The online doesn't work and the frame rate tanks down to single digits. If you get the prompt to download it, cancel it immediately and just the game offline since you can't play it online with the latest patch anyway.

Hopefully this isn't the case for the XB1, but keep in mind that for the PS4 version is flat out broken with this patch.

EDIT: Well about an hour later it looks like things kind of stabilized. Good to see now, but I would still keep this in mind.
HowdyOutbound
quote:

I beat them last night with two phantoms summoned pretty easily. I was also about lvl 45. I don't really have a good strategy other than not getting hit, and striking back when he is distracted with the other players. I two-handed my weapon. Don't even bother with a shield. Just avoid getting hit as much as possible.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.