Dark Souls III

20,427 Views | 195 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TriumphForks
Raggy09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not too far into it so far, but one i figure summons out if anyone wants to team up my GT: Anthrometal.

Probably should get a list going.
Halibut
AG
This game feels harder than DS1 and DS2. So many mini boss enemies in the first part of the game (tough "normal" enemies that respawn.) just found my first 100% phys damage resist shield which is making things a tiny bit easier.

The game is pretty cool so far.
HBtriplesticks
AG
Just got a little bit in yesterday. It feels so good going in completely blind again! I didn't avoid pre-release info with 2 or Bloodborne and feel like I cheated myself out of some of the mystery.

Anybody else catch themselves still trying to use the regain system? Definitely still adjusting to that.
srob2004
AG
I played BB but this is my first DS game. Loving it so far. Playing a Pyro. Was able to do the "jump trick" in the Fire Link that should help me get ahead. Note: To do this, I had to strip myself of near all clothing and weapons... basically just my underpants and my firehand.

HowdyOutbound
quote:
I played BB but this is my first DS game. Loving it so far. Playing a Pyro. Was able to do the "jump trick" in the Fire Link that should help me get ahead. Note: To do this, I had to strip myself of near all clothing and weapons... basically just my underpants and my firehand.

The guy in the video didn't do anything.
Chase McGuire
quote:
quote:

The guy in the video didn't do anything.
srob2004
AG
Sorry... I thought it showed the whole thing.

This shows the actual jump.. next time I'll watch the full VOD.

After this...

• follow the roof line around and you will come to an entrance to the right.
  • you'll come to the rafters, follow them around and you will find the esther gem(the item that increases your potions)
  • Next follow the rafters back to the crows nest(dead middle) and go to the opposite side where it goes right into a wall
  • Hit that wall and it will open a passage
  • Go all the way to the end and fall down into a little corridor
  • You will find a chest with a ring in there that increases the amount of souls you get from MOBs

HowdyOutbound
quote:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=s/dark-souls-3-l3V0DaFGB9wrW4CAg&media=&description=via%20GIPHY

I wouldn't even mess with that. It's so worth it to just save your first 20000 souls to get the key to the tower. There are lots of other good items in the tower that you can't get to with that exploit.
srob2004
AG
Nah. it took me a max of 3-4 minutes to get to do. And for a beginner the extra souls and extra potion were worth it.
HowdyOutbound
I just put down my summon sign at the High Wall of Lothric and helped people in that area several times. It didn't take long to get 20000 souls, and there is zero risk of losing them that way.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Nah. it took me a max of 3-4 minutes to get to do. And for a beginner the extra souls and extra potion were worth it.
Same here. Spent about 5 minutes and now have a nice boost.

Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=s/dark-souls-3-l3V0DaFGB9wrW4CAg&media=&description=via%20GIPHY

I wouldn't even mess with that. It's so worth it to just save your first 20000 souls to get the key to the tower. There are lots of other good items in the tower that you can't get to with that exploit.

What else can you get?
HowdyOutbound
Firekeeper soul, firekeeper armor set, and an estus ring.

The estus ring makes your estus flask heal you more.

I also found a titanite bug back there that gave me twinkling titanite. Not sure if you can get that using the exploit.
Bryan98
AG
What kinds of builds are y'all running? So far I'm sticking to my Quality plan, going halberd and shield with some bow mixed in. Trying to stay away from using magic for my first play. I am considering getting just enough magic levels to let me enchant my weapon, though. I think I'm level 44 so far.
HowdyOutbound
quote:
What kinds of builds are y'all running? So far I'm sticking to my Quality plan, going halberd and shield with some bow mixed in. Trying to stay away from using magic for my first play. I am considering getting just enough magic levels to let me enchant my weapon, though. I think I'm level 44 so far.

I'm doing a Dex character with the Uchigatana and a bow. I'm only lvl 20 so I don't know how I'm going to do all the stats other than put a lot in Dex/End/Health.
Post removed:
by user
Saxsoon
AG
I went with Knight. Been spreading the love between vitality, vigor, endurance, and strength. Though strength isn't all that great at the moment because I have a fire longsword (took the fire gem burial gift) so it doesn't scale.

I am level 33 and still in the undead settlement. I just beat an optional demon and about to head to the main boss of the area.

Also, there is someone you can find in the settlement that if you send him back to your base, he can offer up to 5 free levels at the expense of hollowing yourself, he also sells spells. I have done 2 so far. I think they are gated since I haven't been able to do all of them at once.
Bryan98
AG
There is so much hidden goodness in this game, because I try to find everything before I move on, and I didn't find either of those two things!

I'm 26 hours in, level 50+, and only one lord soul collected so far. This game is such a loving homage to all of the previous games.
Halibut
AG
I've got the uchigatana and a shield right now. I'm on the lookout for an ultra great sword, but I'm still super early. Just picked up a deep axe that I might try for a bit.
HowdyOutbound
I heard that DS3 doesn't use the soul memory system from DS2. PvP and co-op is all based on soul level.

PRAISE THE SUN! \|T|/

Edit: it also appears to be based on weapon upgrade level and covenants.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Summon+Range+Calculator
Bryan98
AG
Yeah, Soul Memory sucked. Can't believe they kept it for SOTFS.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
I've got the uchigatana and a shield right now. I'm on the lookout for an ultra great sword, but I'm still super early. Just picked up a deep axe that I might try for a bit.
Spoilers on how I got one

If you rescue Greirat from the lothric prison cell, he will ask you to find someone in the settlement. you will find that person's bone and he will lament. He will go out and find items for you to buy and presents the Zweihander for 6000. Problem I have is that my equip load is too low with my armor and shield already taking up too much. I have put 8 levels into it and still not enough, so I am going to move on for now and focus on my fire longsword and Dark sword for the time being until I put some more levels in it over the next 20 level ups.
Halibut
AG
If it's L's bone, I already traded that to the crow.
Halibut
AG
On the plus side, my character says "Hey!" at will?

Also, the deep axe is actually pretty good.
Halibut
AG
Honestly I'm looking for something akin to the Persuer's great sword from DS2, but I bet something like that doesn't exist (at least near the beginning of the game.)
HowdyOutbound
Pro tip: trading firebombs with the crow gives you large titanite shards. Black firebombs give you titanite chunks.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Pro tip: trading firebombs with the crow gives you large titanite shards. Black firebombs give you titanite chunks.

Plural? You can do it more than once?
HowdyOutbound
Yes. You can only drop one at a time though.
Halibut
AG
I tested it and can only do one of each. Maybe it was patched?
HowdyOutbound
quote:
I tested it and can only do one of each. Maybe it was patched?

I was wrong. You can only do it once.
wangus12
AG
I've never played any of the Souls games, but I'm thinking about picking this one up. Do I need to go play the old ones or will I be fine. I'm really excited to break a controller or two
HowdyOutbound
quote:
I've never played any of the Souls games, but I'm thinking about picking this one up. Do I need to go play the old ones or will I be fine. I'm really excited to break a controller or two

I'm not sure how active the online community is for DS1 and DS2. That's a huge part of the experience. If they aren't very active, I would start with DS3 while things are really active. The story doesn't make a lot of sense so you won't miss much from DS1 & DS2.
wangus12
AG
Wait I thought it was a single player rpg?
Bryan98
AG
quote:

It mostly is, an action-RPG. But occasionally, you'll be going along, and another player will invade your game and murder you.
HowdyOutbound
quote:

It can be that if you choose to play offline, but if you play online you can summon other people to help you in your game. However, you also will get invaded by hostile players who want to take you out. There are also loosely organized PvP matches between players. It's a lot of fun playing online. Players can also leave hints about dangers/treasures/secrets in each area by leaving notes on the ground.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.