Dark Souls III

20,414 Views | 195 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TriumphForks
Scotty Flamingo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow reviews are great so far! Not that I expected anything else, but still good to see!

What kind of character is everyone gonna roll with?
Pepe SiIvia
AG
DEX all the way. STR losers can leave.
Scotty Flamingo
It's almost here!
Halibut
AG
Ultra. Great. Sword.

Light armor, no shield. Maybe a bow.

(It's how I play all the DS games.)
HowdyOutbound
Dex with poison damage.

Bows, Spears, and Daggers.
Saxsoon
AG
Fantastic review

Drake aTm
AG
Figures.

A Japanese game runs better on ps4
Scotty Flamingo
Pre ordered on my ps4. It's going down when I get off work tomorrow night
Pepe SiIvia
AG
quote:
Figures.

A Japanese game runs better on ps4
To be fair, the Xbox One is pretty under powered when compared to the PS4.
Bryan98
AG
I really prefer the Xbox controller and ecosystem, but there are a host of reasons that I'm going PS4 on this one.

It releases at 11pm Central tomorrow, right? (midnight Eastern)
Drake aTm
AG
what do you get with the pre-order?

Im so happy I get to use shields again
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
what do you get with the pre-order?

Im so happy I get to use shields again
Gamestop
Pman17
AG
Yep, goes live 11 central! I love pre-ordering on Xbox!
HowdyOutbound
quote:
I really prefer the Xbox controller and ecosystem, but there are a host of reasons that I'm going PS4 on this one.

It releases at 11pm Central tomorrow, right? (midnight Eastern)

According to Reddit, it is 7 PM central.

https://m.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4cl7s5/release_time_table/

At least for digital downloads if you have it pre-loaded.
srob2004
AG
I checked my PS4 remotely and it and the album are in the process of downloading now.
HowdyOutbound
quote:
I checked my PS4 remotely and it and the album are in the process of downloading now.

How can you check this with the app? If I don't have automatic downloading enabled while in sleep mode, can I change this setting with the app?
srob2004
AG
No. Like I used the windows remote play application so I can see and play it directly from my PC. Update as of this post, the downloads are complete and the clock on it syncs up with 11pm CST.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
No. Like I used the windows remote play application so I can see and play it directly from my PC. Update as of this post, the downloads are complete and the clock on it syncs up with 11pm CST.
Steam users apparently get it at 5pm CST.

And anyone who hasn't downloaded it yet - on PS4 it only took me about an hour.
HowdyOutbound
quote:

It looks like mine downloaded on Sunday. It also says it will be ready to play at 11pm.
wreckt01
Can't freaking wait. One of my favorite game series and the combat looks really fluid and punishing as always.
Bryan98
AG
Just FYI - at the first sign of any spoilerish posts, I will be out. I don't want to know area names, boss names, boss soul weapons...I understand if that's too restrictive and all. I'm only paranoid about this particular series. Exploration is such a huge part of it!
Pman17
AG
Looks like it's already released on steam but not Xbox yet
HowdyOutbound
I can't get on the server..... as expected. Why can't these nerds ever get a day one release right?
Tomdoss92
AG
Steam player - got several hours in today.

Died died died died died won something eat that *****

10/10 wpa
Saxsoon
AG
Got through the first boss on the first try, did go through all of the firebombs I found though.

Decided to go knight to get that shield. Will try to use the fire gem infusion soon.

Can gems be removed once infused or is it stuck on the weapon? Just trying to figure out how long I will be keeping a weapon and am afraid to waste the gem if I end up getting something better.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
quote:
Just FYI - at the first sign of any spoilerish posts, I will be out. I don't want to know area names, boss names, boss soul weapons...I understand if that's too restrictive and all. I'm only paranoid about this particular series. Exploration is such a huge part of it!
I as well. Went on complete media blackout for this one and I can't be more excited to finally play. Now I just gotta get through work today...

Good luck everyone, don't want to see any of you go hollow!
HowdyOutbound
Post yall's characters. I went with the mercenary.

wreckt01
Started a knight and will likely go do a quality ( str/dex) build for initial play though.
Pman17
AG
I messed up Firelink Shrine. I think I'm gonna have to start over.

FYI, don't attack the deserter guy there, he will mess you up every time you enter the Shrine after spawning.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
quote:
I as well. Went on complete media blackout for this one and I can't be more excited to finally play. Now I just gotta get through work today...

Good luck everyone, don't want to see any of you go hollow!
Yeah, after further consideration I'm going to go on full blackout now, and for at least a few weeks. I did the responsible thing and went to bed last night instead of starting the game at 11pm. Tonight, I will Dark Souls my brains out!

See y'all in a few weeks.
HowdyOutbound
That's kind of a spoiler.
HowdyOutbound
Character update. Now I have a samurai sword.

Saxsoon
AG
quote:

So? What is the point of discussing this game otherwise? A lot of people enjoy actually talking about their experiences with the souls games as they happen.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
quote:

So? What is the point of discussing this game otherwise? A lot of people enjoy actually talking about their experiences with the souls games as they happen.

So do those of us who don't want the whole game spoiled. And I'm sure everyone can understand not wanting something they've anticipated for years spoiled.
Artorias
AG
TexAgs should add a spoiler tag so people can grey out spoilers unless you choose to click on the greyed out section.

As for DS3, I just got back into town from business and will be firing it up tonight. Can't wait! The Souls games suck my life away, and it is glorious. I have completed SL1 runs for all the games so far (or SL4 for BLoodborne), and plan on doing the same with this one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.