**** Official Sim City Thread ****

46,505 Views | 920 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by wasabi1787
NoHo Hank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's sad when an expansion pack promises to fix the glaring bugs in the main game.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
It's sad when an expansion pack promises to fix the glaring bugs in the main game.
What expansion pack? I know they're releasing free updates/patches to fix issues but I hadn't heard anything about expansions.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
quote:
What expansion pack? I know they're releasing free updates/patches to fix issues but I hadn't heard anything about expansions.

Nothing announced, but I expect there to probably be at least 3 or 4 expansions for it.

[This message has been edited by mickeyrig06sq3 (edited 4/24/2013 3:44p).]
NoHo Hank
AG
They haven't announced one yet, and I'm speculating somewhat, but adding things like subways functions primarily as a fix, rather than a new feature. Yet that's the kind of crap they'll advertise. Buy our expansion pack and we'll add new maps in which the cities have more than one entrance!
Madmarttigan
AG
So has anyone looked into this recently to see if they fixed any of the huge issues with this game?

I got a new computer months ago but have never revisited this steaming pile of crap. I wouldn't mind reinstalling if some changes were finally made though.
defroach
I am intrigued by this as well....
bbattbq01
AG
I played a couple weeks ago for a few hours. Pretty much comes down to the map size for me. I don't want to build multiple super dense squares. I want to build a big downtown with suburbs etc on one giant map. I don't think I will be interested until I can do that. So, probably never.
Predmid
AG
Just read through their patching notes....
quote:
The following servers will be down for an extended period of time so that we can make additional improvements:
•Oceanic 2
•North America West 3
•Europe West 6
•Antarctica

That's a joke, right?

bbattbq01
AG
All the servers are based in the same place (I think Cali). I actually usually played on Antarctica since it had lowest population and I could get online there in the early days.
wasabi1787
AG
Has anyone played this recently?

Interested to know if it is playable now....
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
I check their forums every now and then, and it looks like the game is still jacked. They've fixed a lot of their intra-city problems, but the underlying game engine is still broken, and trying to create a multiple city setup still fails.

So as long as you only make a self contained city, and stop playing after the city reaches a certain point, you're ok.
wasabi1787
AG
So basically it is still make TVs and make billions of dollars?

Whee.

Thank you for reaffirming my decision to completely uninstall Origin and everything I had installed through it. (SimCity, BF3, and Dead Space 3)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.