**** Official Sim City Thread ****

46,501 Views | 920 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by wasabi1787
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rofl diet
rangersncowboys
AG
I saw a very similar review for Diablo 3...can't say it's too original .

Also I've given up on making a TA region for a while until things finally get stable (e.g. when most that preordered demand a refund and no longer play).
wee_ag
AG
Soooo, I'm playing now in Aggieland. Anyone else up and running?
benMath08
AG
I played some this morning, having a flexible work schedule is nice.

My city is making a TON of money off tourism. I've got an expo center and pro stadium running events daily. The combined profit is in the 300k range. Three other culture buildings are making roughly 50-60k combined a day.

Even my recycling center is making money by reclaiming alloy and plastic and allowing me to sell them on the global market at my trade depot. I've got my utilities running maybe a little more than I need, but my slightly negative hourly income is more than offset by tourism and trade.

At this point I can certainly help finance a great work in our part of the region (pappy06, wee_ag, and I can't remember the fourth). By "help finance" I mean I can contribute 1mil straight up. Buying the materials will take time if one of you isn't already making them.

[This message has been edited by benMath08 (edited 3/7/2013 11:58a).]
JJxvi
AG
My city is rolling back to the last successfully processed state. Yay! I'm sure this will turn out great!
JJxvi
AG
"This may take a few minutes"

Well what a relief...
bbattbq01
AG
Ugh, was hoping things would be a little better by the time I could play again tonight... but not sounding very promising.
Cromagnum
AG
I played a few hours late on Tuesday night but havent tried since. Will see whay happens around 6 this evening.
wee_ag
AG
I'm having no issues today.

Well, other than I have a lot of stupid sims. If you have the extra cash and an education system - add some more school rooms/dorms/whetever so I can send the idiots somewhere. I don't want to waste the space on education in my town - i'm exspearaminting

[This message has been edited by wee_ag (edited 3/7/2013 1:21p).]
Cromagnum
AG
EA still not able to fix the problems so they are turning off features little by little in hopes things get better. A damn shame they cant turn off multiplayer till they fix it and let us play offline.

http://m.gamespot.com/news/6404970.html
JJxvi
AG
I got in about 15 minutes of play at lunch after dicking around in the menu and waiting for it to "roll back" my city for about 40 minutes.
CDub06
AG
quote:
EA still not able to fix the problems so they are turning off features little by little in hopes things get better. A damn shame they cant turn off multiplayer till they fix it and let us play offline.

If only there was a phase during development where they could test these issues...
04texag
AG
Guys, don't lose heart. I'm able to get in some good time the past hour and it really is a great game.

The last good Sim City, 4, had a good 10 years or life in it, and is still going strong. Once they get this stuff ironed out and respond to the city size issues, this is going to be a great game.

If someone can show me how to post some screenshots, I'll show you some of the stuff I've been able to do with little playing time.
dietcola84
quote:

Yeah, one of the things they disabled was cheetah speed. RRRRAGE!
dietcola84
quote:
Guys, don't lose heart. I'm able to get in some good time the past hour and it really is a great game.

The last good Sim City, 4, had a good 10 years or life in it, and is still going strong. Once they get this stuff ironed out and respond to the city size issues, this is going to be a great game.

If someone can show me how to post some screenshots, I'll show you some of the stuff I've been able to do with little playing time.

You need to host your images online somewhere like photobucket.

Then insert the URL for the image between img tags like they do here:

http://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=10
benMath08
AG
quote:
Yeah, one of the things they disabled was cheetah speed. RRRRAGE!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Man that sucks.
Cromagnum
AG
Doesn't look like things are any better in Germany...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px_sdWWTj1g
04texag
AG

JJxvi
AG
It would be cool if there was a way to take a regional snap shot of our region and post it every now and then.
04texag
AG
If anyone is interested, I took a lot of screen shots of the above city, with a plan loosely in mind of showing how I start a city, plan for what goes where, etc. I could post that up.
JJxvi
AG
As far as our multiplayer region play goes...am I correct that if someone gets theirselves in trouble and builds a bad city, that there is no way to wipe it clean and start over?

Is there a way to kick out an absentee mayor and let someone else take over? Is the only way to hep a new mayor out with a bad city to have the regions other mayors pool money and gift the underperforming city to help right the ship?
dietcola84
As far as I know, you can only send them money or resources to help them fix their problems.
Madmarttigan
AG
Yep I saw you all were suffering through this, and part of my idiotic brain said "I want to play sim city, I used to love it" so I bought it. Can't get on it lol.
tremble
AG
Y'all should have bought Tomb Raider instead while EA irons out the bugs.
wee_ag
AG
You should be able to "abandon" the city which will raze the entire thing. Reclaim it and start from scratch.
dietcola84
When this game finally starts working, I would be interested in playing a region with some people.

What server are y'all making regions on?

My origin ID is knife384.
Madmarttigan
AG
also my origin name is madmarttigan

Not that I will get to play with anyone apparently
JJxvi
AG
We have a region on North America East 1
wee_ag
AG
I'm popular!

JJxvi
AG
quote:
You should be able to "abandon" the city which will raze the entire thing. Reclaim it and start from scratch.

I dont think so. I think that just leaves it as you left it. For example, I could not even claim an empty abandoned city on the Aggieland region because the prior owner had the Digital Deluxe, and I was only using Limited Edition so even though the city is blank, it wont let me claim it because there could be content in it that I did not pay for had he built something on it.

[This message has been edited by JJxvi (edited 3/7/2013 3:56p).]
benMath08
AG
I've got enough extra cash that as long as your problem isn't pollution or nuclear contamination, you should be able to bulldoze your entire city and I can send you 50k to start.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Are people able to be playing or is it the same bs as last night where you cant even log in?
Madmarttigan
AG
Haven't been able to do ****. Just got the game and been trying to get on since 3. Tried every server and it seems to be stuck on authenticating. I did get the game to load once and I was disconnected.
JJxvi
AG
Once you are in the game, I think you can just keep trying to do stuff, and it will connect sometimes.

Of course this is all based on the deranged mind of someone who goes through conditioning like this.

"Woah, it kinda worked when I let the opening video run all the way through, maybe that helps! OK this time hit play, move the mouse counter clockwise until wight before Sim City shows up, then click! Its bound to work!"
dietcola84
Still can't connect. I get to the main screen of the game, but clicking play does nothing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.