Biden's dementia appears to be getting worse.....

486,181 Views | 3346 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
JB!98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ApachePilot said:

I have a great deal of experience with dementia and three things seem to hold true.

1. It typically starts slow and then rapidly progresses. The simple things like a cold or a fall expedite the decline.

2. Those that are 'angry' with the disease tend to progress faster and struggle a lot.

3. Those that need or have lived a life in charge and in control seem to struggle more. I could write a book on this subject.

All three cross over. I'm actually shocked he's made it this far. I'd love to see his med list.
.Could not agree more. Especially #2 and #3. My grandfather was a man who commanded respect in both military and civilian life. He was a man that I respected more than anyone I have ever known. He raised me and I know that he loved me. During his decline he became very violent. One evening I thought I could "talk sense" to him. Wrong, he took a swing at me. I contemplated hitting him as a reflex but could not. He knew what was happening to him, but could not reconcile it.

As much as I dislike Biden and his politics, what the democrats/his family are doing to him is vile.Par for the course.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Ulysses90
AG
ApachePilot said:

I

1. It typically starts slow and then rapidly progresses. The simple things like a cold or a fall expedite the decline.

...and urinary tract infections. A UTI for an 80 year old with the early stages of dementia can be like a dose of LSD. I have no idea why this happens but it can bring on hallucinations. Ask any nurse in a geriatric facility.
nortex97
AG
Biden talked with another dead leader yesterday I guess, this time Helmut Kohl. He relayed the conversations twice, at separate fundraisers.

Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Ulysses90 said:

ApachePilot said:

I

...and urinary tract infections. A UTI for an 80 year old with the early stages of dementia can be like a dose of LSD. I have no idea why this happens but it can bring on hallucinations. Ask any nurse in a geriatric facility.
My father in law had a stroke 12 years ago and is very limited mobility. He gets frequent UTIs and it always starts out with him acting confused or having even poorer balance than normal.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
nortex97 said:

Biden talked with another dead leader yesterday I guess, this time Helmut Kohl. He relayed the conversations twice, at separate fundraisers.

Not only dead, was the chancellor until 1998. Running this useless old liar should embarrass any democrat. If they had any shame.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
The Fife
I guess the upside to all of this is that there's no way he could accidentally use any kind of nuclear codes. His launch keys are probably made by Fisher Price.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It wasn't Kohl, it was Hitler
Foreverconservative
Uh Yes, that's the problem you twit, answer the question

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Ulysses90
AG
If I were the moderator of a Presidential debate, I would start with a mental agility warm-up question.

"Given that both candidates are at the present time older than any other major party nominees in history for the office of President, from memory, please write down on the notepad at your podium the names of the President or Prime Minister of the Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Israel, Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea. Credit will be given for any phonetically similar spelling."

The the antics commence.
TexAg1987
Ulysses90 said:

If I were the moderator of a Presidential debate, I would start with a mental agility warm-up question.

"Given that both candidates are at the present time older than any other major party nominees in history for the office of President, from memory, please write down on the notepad at your podium the names of the President or Prime Minister of the Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Israel, Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea. Credit will be given for any phonetically similar spelling."

The the antics commence.
Should start with having them draw a clock

How the Clock-Drawing Test Screens for Dementia (verywellhealth.com)
aggiehawg
AG
Ulysses90 said:

The the antics commence.
LOL. That actually happened about Medevev as the new leader of Russia during the 2008 Dem Primary. She and Obama were asked about that.
ApachePilot
AG
Ulysses90 said:

ApachePilot said:

I

I tell all my families that next to anesthesia nothing causes more trouble in dementia patients than a UTi. First thing I always look for when there is a dramatic change in behavior.
Texas velvet maestro
ApachePilot said:

Ulysses90 said:

ApachePilot said:

I

I tell all my families that next to anesthesia nothing causes more trouble in dementia patients than a UTi. First thing I always look for when there is a dramatic change in behavior.
everything you've recently posted in this thread lines up with my observations. fwiw
cecil77
AG
So now the dementia is official, right?
aggiehawg
AG
I can third that. What happened with my Mom. She had a stroke and was taken to the hospital by ambulance. I was in the ER with her for hours and noticed the pads under her had pinkish signs of blood in her urine. I mmediately asked the nurses to insert a Foley catheter and check for infection. They ignored me.

Finally after two hours, they inserted the catheter and took off 1000 ccs immediately and it was very red tinged. Then as I sat there watching, I asked, "Aren't you going to test that urine?" That took another 30 minutes to get them to test it. Sure enough, they started her on IV antibiotics for UTI and severe bladder infection.

Problem was her cognitive abilities were too severely compromised by that point. I went back and went through her trash to check her Depends to see when the blood started to appear in her urine. Best I could tell was one maybe two days before her stroke.

She never complained of discomfort nor issues with being able to urinate and I was making sure she was hydrated. She was ambulatory enough she could use the toilet by herself (with some assists in terms of much higher toilet seat and hand bars on either side). The Depends were just for leakage and her peace of mind in case she was farther from the toilet. Both her bedroom and separate sitting room were within feet of the bathroom and it had two doors so she could access it from either.

I had no clue until she was in the ER. Her hallucinations had been around for about a year before due to dementia. Still feel like I failed her.
StandUpforAmerica
Our Lady of........

I'm voting for DeSantis in the primary, but will happily vote for Trump in the general election if he wins the primary.
agent-maroon
AG
I don't know about convincing America that he's not senile, but I think he did a great job convincing America that he's not Catholic
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
StandUpforAmerica
I'm voting for DeSantis in the primary, but will happily vote for Trump in the general election if he wins the primary.
Stat Monitor Repairman
N word on live tv

Rockin' out with **** out

Breaking a hip

About all thats left on the bingo card for ol Paw.

Paw exceeded expectations in every way. Like the mars rover designed to last 90-days and 3-years later he still truckin'. Still rolling down the highway.

Paw winning America over like the Russians in Rocky IV
BQ78
AG
Doocey asks the first question at the press conference tonight and he asks about his mental capabilities and he gets angry and says he is fine. Then says maybe there is something wrong with my memory because I called on you.

Was really angry about the part of the special counsel report where it said he couldn't remember when Beau died.
JB!98
AG
ApachePilot said:

Ulysses90 said:

ApachePilot said:

I

Does anyone know why this is? My mom has a UTI a lot. Of course, she sleeps a lot so perhaps it is because she does not go to the bathroom enough. My grandfather's official cause of death was kidney cancer. Wonder why it gets you like that.

My brother and I are doomed!
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
one safe place
TexAg1987 said:

Ulysses90 said:

The the antics commence.
Should start with having them draw a clock

How the Clock-Drawing Test Screens for Dementia (verywellhealth.com)
I had some sort of "event" a few years ago. One doc thought it was a TIA, another thought it was some form of amnesia. All I know is that I wasn't writing to my hard drive for about 6 hours. During that 6 hours, I was taken to an ER, they ran a bunch of stuff and, at one point, the doc asked me to draw a clock. (Don't remember what any of the docs or nurses looked like.)

But the clock business is about the only thing I remember from that evening/night. They asked me to draw the clock and have it show 2:45. Being a big of a smartass, I do remember starting to ask if he wanted it to be AM or PM, but I didn't. Then, I started to draw a rectangle and draw in 2:45 and tell him it was a digital clock, but again I refrained. I drew the hour hand aiming at the 2 and the minute hand aiming at the 9 then said, this is a trick question. The hour hand would be between the 2 and 3, closer to the 3 than the 2, so I redrew the hour hand. Then I wrote TIMEX across the face of my clock and handed it to the doc. He said it was one of the better clocks he had ever seen.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Bro, you don't Rolex or Omega?
agent-maroon
AG
They're maybe prettier and everybody knows they're expensive, but do they take a lickin and keep on tickin?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
one safe place
AlaskanAg99 said:

I'm poor. I guess I could have at least dreamed about a nicer clock though.
C@LAg
AlaskanAg99 said:

who still wears watches? and why?

I do have my dad's IBM Quarterly Century Rolex but have only ever worn it once.

I am of hairy Polish/Czech/Celtic origins and the arm hairs kept getting caught/pinched in the band.
Sea Speed
AG
agent-maroon said:

They're maybe prettier and everybody knows they're expensive, but do they take a lickin and keep on tickin?

I beat the everloving hell out of my rolex and so far no problems.
Ulysses90
AG
Quote:

I had no clue until she was in the ER. Her hallucinations had been around for about a year before due to dementia. Still feel like I failed her.

Sadly, I know how you feel. My Mom went into the hospital on Nov 10, 2020 with a UTI and a clean COVID test. They treated her with IV antibiotics and fluids for four days then transferred her to a nursing home rehab. They tested her for COVID on admission to the nursing home with the newly mandated PCR test (at 40 cycle threshold) and said she had asymptomatic COVID and plaves her in the COVID wing. Within in a few days, she had severe COVID. I had to fight to get her transferred back to the hospital for treatment (such as it was). A week later when she regained some level of consciousness, she was sent back to the nursing home. She died six months later and I only saw her one more time without glass between us because of the damn COVID segregation protocols enforced by the state. Someday, there will be an accounting.
JB!98
AG
Ulysses90 said:

Quote:

Sadly, I know how you feel. My Mom went into the hospital on Nov 10, 2020 with a UTI and a clean COVID test. They treated her with IV antibiotics and fluids for four days then transferred her to a nursing home rehab. They tested her for COVID on admission to the nursing home with the newly mandated PCR test (at 40 cycle threshold) and said she had asymptomatic COVID and plaves her in the COVID wing. Within in a few days, she had severe COVID. I had to fight to get her transferred back to the hospital for treatment (such as it was). A week later when she regained some level of consciousness, she was sent back to the nursing home. She died six months later and I only saw her one more time without glass between us because of the damn COVID segregation protocols enforced by the state. Someday, there will be an accounting.
I am so sorry for your loss. I could not imagine if we had to forcibly place my mother into a nursing home in her state. My grandpa escaped from 2 homes before he became so bad off that he had no will to fight anymore. Just mind numbing the crap that happened during COVID.
ShaggySLC
Ulysses90 said:

Quote:

Sorry for your loss, that is ugly!
oh no
AG
Bad news: the empty suit referred to as the "leader of the free world" and clearly, by far, the most popular politician ever as he smashed records in the most secure election ever, actually is senile asF as many of us thought for the past five years

Good news: something about mean tweet @ fake news ?
DannyDuberstein
AG
JB!98 said:

ApachePilot said:

Ulysses90 said:

ApachePilot said:

I

Does anyone know why this is? My mom has a UTI a lot. Of course, she sleeps a lot so perhaps it is because she does not go to the bathroom enough. My grandfather's official cause of death was kidney cancer. Wonder why it gets you like that.

My brother and I are doomed!

My dad passed away last month at 83, but went through 3 hospitalizing bouts with UTIs over the past 10 years. I think the main issue is that their old immune systems can result in a UTI moving to a septic stage really quickly, and the hallucinations are due to encephalitis (ie brain inflammation from a systemic infection). After the 3rd, they put on a daily small dose of antibiotic to prevent them which worked. After lessons learned from the first one, we knew that him going to crazytown most likely meant UTI so we could instruct the docs.

The speed was crazy though. One time I saw him at about 6pm, totally fine working in his garage. When I stopped by again at 10am the next morning, he could not get out of his lazychair even with help and was talking crazy. Old men with old prostate issues are basically a walking petri dish down there
aggiedata
AG
Documented for hysterical purposes

Im Gipper
We all laugh at this clown, but it's really not funny.

Tragic for our country.

I'm Gipper
doubledog

Who believes these lies...? I know...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.