*** WESTWORLD Season 1 (HBO) ***

348,615 Views | 2710 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sazerac
Raptor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ford has made himself the God of Westworld.

He created everything down to the blades of grass, so I have to believe almost everyone working there is some kind of host. This way he truly has control.

He can control things with his mind. How???? That's the only part that truly befuddles me. I get the voice commands, but telepathy with the robots?

And one scene that still stands out to me is the bar scene with Teddy, Ford, and MIB. Teddy is dying/near death. Ford walks past him and drags his hand across Teddy's shoulder for a second. Then Teddy springs back to full health like someone just found a full health "medi bag" in a video game.

Ford has already said he's omnipotent, but he never gave free will to the hosts. That's the main advantage the guests have over them. It appears that Arnold may have solved how to give the hosts free will (kind of like the devil influencing humans) and now Ford/God is struggling with complete power over everything.

bobinator
AG
excellent.
3rdGen2015
AG
Hector's scar is gone. Did him and Maeve get rebuilt after the fire? Are the explosives built into their necks gone now?
TroyMc
If you watch the trailer for ep10 and slow down the short clips at the end you see armistice coming to in the office/facility/whatever and attacking one of the workers.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, a similar shot of her kicking a tech guy through glass was in the very first trailer. Been waiting for that scene ever since.
AnglerAg92
AG
After watching Ep. 1 again, Abernathy has to have a big role in the finale, IMO. He might even turn out to be Wyatt. How fitting an end would it be to have Abernathy, whose backstories include being the leader of a cannibalistic cult, kill and eat Ford, whose acting roles include the most infamous cannibal on screen?
bobinator
AG
Weren't Charlotte and whatever his name is using him to store data also? Pretty clear he has a role left to play.
AnglerAg92
AG
It will be interesting to finally find out what Bernard whispered in his ear as they were putting him into basement storage.
claym711
AG
"A great and terrifying wave" was mentioned by the actor playing Logan. And it makes sense from the Biblical aspect of this show.

The only thing I can think of where Ford looked surprised is by what Abernathy said to him.
PooDoo
AG
AnglerAg92 said:

It will be interesting to finally find out what Bernard whispered in his ear as they were putting him into basement storage.
I figured it was similar to Ford telling the old bartender to put himself up.
Rocagnante
AG
Maybe we'll get to meet the lady in the white shoes they always toast to.
PooDoo
AG
I was hoping we were going to see the lady in the white dress only wearing her white shoes.
TexAgs91
AG
Quote:

Everything points against MIB being a host. The "rules" for being a host have been established by this point (e.g., can be injured or killed, not capable of independent action, renegade hosts are rounded up by security). Moreover, the MIB was specifically referred to as a guest who can do whatever he wants, he's been coming here for years, etc. For the writers to make him into a host at this point would be a betrayal of the story so far, no more than a cheap twist thrill, and lazy writing. If he turns out to be Logan, it will be almost as inexplicable. He's got to be William.
MiB is not a host. He's recognized by one of the other guests in episode 3 or 4 who thanks him for what he did for his daughter. MiB cuts him off quick saying "I'm on vacation!".

MiB also talks to Ford about Arnold. Saying that the park was about to go down the tubes after Arnold died but that he (MIB) rescued it. William meets Delores (who knew Arnold from 35 years ago) after the reveries begins to affect things. So I don't see how William is young MIB.
redline248
AG
I don't think you can say for certain they meet after the reveries are installed.
mazzag
AG
I watched the first episode again recently. Just because the MIB drags Delores into the barn, does he actually rape her? If the worse thing he's done is kill Maeve and her daughter, where does he rank rape?
ellebee
To me, raping anything, whether robot or not, just seems to indicate a more evil and sadistic person than someone who "kills" something that can't really be killed.
TexAgs91
AG
redline248 said:

I don't think you can say for certain they meet after the reveries are installed.
At the end of episode 3 she's in town asking the sheriff about Wyatt, then she goes to her home hears a gunshot and finds her replacement father lying on the ground, then she shoots the guy who's about to rape her. Wyatt, her new father and her ability to use guns all comes after the reveries. From there she runs off until she finds William.
redline248
AG
TexAgs91 said:

redline248 said:

At the end of episode 3 she's in town asking the sheriff about Wyatt, then she goes to her home hears a gunshot and finds her replacement father lying on the ground, then she shoots the guy who's about to rape her. Wyatt, her new father and her ability to use guns all comes after the reveries. From there she runs off until she finds William.

It is still not 100% clear that those events happen chronologically. Remember after she shoots the guy in the barn she goes outside and is shot by another bandit, but then looks down and has no wound. I think her clothes even change in that short span. This implies that she is either psychotic, or experiencing older events as memories.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pumped for tonight!
Al Bula
AG
Was the orgy scene ever discussed? Episode aired on 10/30, named Contrapaso.

The music playing is NIN's Something I Can Never Have by Vitamin String Quartet. Amazing rendition.

YellowPot_97
AG
Ford almost seems like a host the way he can control them with a word or thought, just like Mauve
TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BNnbBmigg3F
TCTTS
AG
Headed out to pick up some ribs and a couple sides to go from one of my favorite restaurants, then back in time to eat and be in front of the TV at exactly 6 PM (PST). Not letting this one get spoiled for me online in any way. See you guys on the other side...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
#Flood
Dro07
AG
See you guys after the show!
3rdGen2015
AG
I couldn't be more excited for this
Seven Costanza
AG
You should try Cava Grill sometime. It's a fast casual place similar to Chipotle.
Deadwood
AG
Just flipped to hbo and the first thing I see is that nasty chick from girls. I threw up in my mouth a little and I'm not kidding
TheVarian
AG
Here. We. Go.
Deadwood
AG
See Logan as Wyatt soon
zgood10
AG
That ending
The White Wolf
Incredible.
RebAg13
AG
Deloris killed...
AgLiving06
Well that ending solves some longevity issues with some of the actors.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok, I want to make sure I understood this.

Ford's new narrative was always meant to end with his own death? And with a massacre of the board?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.