*** WESTWORLD Season 1 (HBO) ***

348,610 Views | 2710 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sazerac
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TelcoAg said:

RPM said:

Who has the unlucky job of pumping jizz out of the robots everyday?
Same guy that cleans the couches now

What's going on in the background?
TelcoAg
AG
Bible study
schmendeler
AG
TelcoAg said:

Bible study

Well there's definitely a John.
MW03
AG
TelcoAg said:

Bible study
3rdGen2015
AG
What guy?
LihaiAg06
AG
Why isn't this on demand yet?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
LihaiAg06 said:

It's on HBO Go. Any subscriber can watch that.
LihaiAg06
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

LihaiAg06 said:

It's on HBO Go. Any subscriber can watch that.

Gotcha thanks
MrPlow2010
AG
Are those the humans real bodies in the west or are they hooked up to a computer thing like the matrix? I wasn't sure about that. I guess they are their real bodies otherwise they would have to create each user exactly?

Also does anyone know the ratio of humans and hosts?
Greeze06
AG
Just watched pilot.

So Harris is customer or a robot that has figured it out and given himself "new player" status.

Roughly 30 years in production.
Teacher_Ag
AG
PooDoo
AG
TCTTS said:

I think the "game" Harris is playing might actually be sanctioned. I would rather it be more of a rogue-type thing, but the fact that there was an actual maze map under that robot's skull makes me think it's something official, just for super advanced players only.

That was a map? I thought it looked like an antenna or circuitry.

Also, such a great job acting by the robots so far.
schmendeler
AG
it looked like a children's maze you see on a kiddie menu.
Bunk Moreland
I enjoyed the pilot a lot.

I don't know how to exactly state what I feel, but I came away more interested in the world itself than the actual writing and initial direction of the show, which I think is all over the place. I guess that's a big positive to give the creators. There were a few lines I thought were cringeworthy but I didn't care at all. Very LOSTesque in that regard.

It's almost like there's too much going on, which I love. But that can bring on a challenge too if they take us down a path we don't care about. Really interested to see how they handle all the possibilities.
JJxvi
AG
The great thing about most of the cringeworthy lines is that many of them happened in world, so within the context of the show its realistic that there would be lots of terrible dialogue in what amounts to a scripted western festival.
Serious Lee
MrPlow2010 said:

Are those the humans real bodies in the west or are they hooked up to a computer thing like the matrix? I wasn't sure about that. I guess they are their real bodies otherwise they would have to create each user exactly?

Also does anyone know the ratio of humans and hosts?
per the conversation among the programmers and the operations lady, there are 2000 hosts and 1400 guests. I was thinking only guests that are part of the same party would be able to interact but that doesnt seem plausible with that ratio.

so im wondering how the guests are able to identify each other and what prevents them from hurting each other.
Bunk Moreland
Agree completely.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
JJxvi said:

The great thing about most of the cringeworthy lines is that many of them happened in world, so within the context of the show its realistic that there would be lots of terrible dialogue in what amounts to a scripted western festival.
I actually think that is an incredibly subtle, intentional attention to detail the show writers and throwing in there. Kinda of like the game managers intention to give the outlaw this "big speech" before he got gunned down. you could tell it was going to be this cheese filled monologue. I also loved the deputy coming out at the beginning of the shootout "thats the sheriffs horse you sonofa*****", before the outlaw shot him. just like something would see in some lame western that caters to the simple minded.
JakeyBS
AG
No one's going to talk about the milk?? I came to lurk, but I think the bandit pouring milk on all the dead bodies, and being called a malfunction by the creators was him remembering his creation in those white vats.

Also, why did he not die? He had a bullet in his stomach, and was walking around fine drinking milk.

(Absurd theory: They are collecting jizz from the hores to harvest a new race)
MW03
AG
Yeah, I don't get the milk angle. Have we seen the hosts drink anything else at this point? I know Marsden asked for a whiskey, but it seems like he left the saloon before he actually got it. In addition to that last freak out, you had the bandits at Delores' house complaining that there was nothing but milk there.

Toss in the imagery from the opening, and it seems like there is something going on there.
Serious Lee
on the first page someone said they bled a milky substance in the original movie, so im guessing thats what theyre referencing with the hole in the stomach.
Thunder18
AG
Marsden gulped down his whiskey in the opening scene, and the next day when he was in the saloon again Thandie Newton's character was taking whiskey shots with Asian tourists
JJxvi
AG
I watched Westworld before the new premiere. They bled red. Maybe thats from Futureworld or something?
MW03
AG
Thunder18 said:

Marsden gulped down his whiskey in the opening scene, and the next day when he was in the saloon again Thandie Newton's character was taking whiskey shots with Asian tourists
Ah. Missed that. Thanks.

Percent chance we can make it through this thread without comparing it to the movie or other source material?
The Kraken
AG
JakeyBS said:

Also, why did he not die? He had a bullet in his stomach, and was walking around fine drinking milk.

The bullets don't actually "kill" them. Their programming tells them how to react appropriately when they are shot. His program had been affected by the bug.
JJxvi
AG
I think the milk reference was an indication that the hosts are storing up and able to access memories. Milk played a prominent role in the previous iteration when only milk was at the house, and the next day suddenly the psychotic host was obsessed with milk.
JJxvi
AG
MW03 said:

Thunder18 said:

Ah. Missed that. Thanks.

Percent chance we can make it through this thread without comparing it to the movie or other source material?
Meaningless. As I said, I watched Westworld Sunday night. It's got no bearing on this except maybe some callbacks (the milk referencing white blood would be something like that, but its not true). Blade Runner has more in common with what we saw in the premiere than Westworld does, except that they are based on the same initial idea of the fantasy theme park.
3rdGen2015
AG
Courtesy of Reddit.

tl;dw Episode 1
Bunk Moreland
JakeyBS said:

No one's going to talk about the milk?? I came to lurk, but I think the bandit pouring milk on all the dead bodies, and being called a malfunction by the creators was him remembering his creation in those white vats.

(Absurd theory: They are collecting jizz from the hores to harvest a new race)

Yes, I think the milk is some connection to how they are created, and will continue to serve that role as more issue arise.
Bunk Moreland
3rdGen2015 said:

Courtesy of Reddit.

tl;dw Episode 1

That. Was. Incredible.
TCTTS
AG
SlashFilm / "Your Westworld Logistical Questions Answered"
LHIOB
AG
I just read a theory that this doesnt take place on Earth.
jabberwalkie09
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Courtesy of Reddit.

tl;dw Episode 1
HOLY SHEET!!!!! My three favorites:

So accurate that it hurts.
AgLaw02
AG
New World Ag said:

JakeyBS said:

The bullets don't actually "kill" them. Their programming tells them how to react appropriately when they are shot. His program had been affected by the bug.
That would yield an interesting result if a host rebels against its programming. What if it doesn't want to die?
PooDoo
AG
What about knives?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.