*** WESTWORLD Season 1 (HBO) ***

346,553 Views | 2710 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sazerac
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TX_AG_10 said:

Well, I just finished the season and it was awesome! I enjoyed following this thread even though it wasn't active at the time I watched.

If there is anyone who is interested in following from here on out, I went ahead and bookmarked where the discussion starts for each episode so you don't have to sort through 70+ pages.

Lots of good insight and interesting view points!

Good bull, Tx Ag!
amercer
AG
Finally finished. Kept up with the show (and the thread) through ep7. Then had shoulder surgery. I don't recommend it. (Seriously don't EVER **** up your shoulder)

Not much to say that didn't make it into the last 25 pages. I loved it. I didn't catch the text on the pad, so I figured that Bernard was about to tell Maeve that she got off the train. "Infiltrate mainland" is Much cooler. I guess it has to be an island on earth. Nothing else makes sense for 2050ish.

Samurai word!!! But where are the other parks? If you write directions that specify "park 1" then you have to assume that "park 2" (and more?) are accessible in the same location. But on the same island?

The shot where they are waking between buildings at HQ was Death Star level cool.

So Ford was creative director for all the parks? Not much attention paid to the other parks if so. Why have separate tech areas for West and Samurai? If everything is on the Mesa then wouldn't you consolidate the behind the scene areas?

Also who put the control room in lock down? The guy running the room certainly wasn't expecting it. Did the response teams make it out to the reception? That was his first order.
dave94
AG
I think Maeve set the place in lockdown as part of her escape.
G Martin 87
AG
Heh. Called it on page 8.
amercer
AG
amercer said:

Also what's the point of storing the ****ed up ones? That just seems like a blatant disregard for basic horror movie strategy

My insight from page 3. Guess Ford was thinking the same thing.
hunter2012
AG
dave94 said:

I think Maeve set the place in lockdown as part of her escape.

I thought it's purpose was to prevent the control room responding to the uprising...
YouBet
AG
I stopped reading and never caught up but am I the only one who thought Sino World this whole time? For some reason, I went there instead of the obvious Samurai World.

I'm getting old! Sino doesn't even make sense!
amercer
AG
Formosa World!
TMoney2007
AG
YouBet said:

I stopped reading and never caught up but am I the only one who thought Sino World this whole time? For some reason, I went there instead of the obvious Samurai World.

Sino means China, so it kind of makes sense.
MW03
AG
http://io9.gizmodo.com/westworld-creators-reveal-which-host-was-the-first-to-u-1793650927
Say Chowdah
AG
TMoney2007 said:

YouBet said:

Sino means China, so it kind of makes sense.
Well, it doesn't make any sense because the Samurai were from Medieval Japan. Not China.
Say Chowdah
AG
Here is something that I thought when watching the battle in the control room, what if that was scripted as well? A guest would experience an insurgent attack in the modern world and be able to repel it with modern weaponry.
bearamedic99
AG
Signed up for free trial of HBO for GoT and then binged Westworld. Glad i did. Not a GOAT show but definitely a good show. Looks like it comes out in Nov on BR & DVD.
bearamedic99
AG
Also, did we ever figure out who else had been tampering with Maeve?
bearamedic99
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

wonder what happened to the head security guy that was grabbed by the ghost nation indians.
this too
amercer
AG
"Maeve does this so she can look for her in-park daughter, who Felix tells her resides in "Park 1, Sector 15, Zone 3." There are rumors this is Samurai World, which Nolan teased could be explored next season, although it's possible there are other parks she could be in. Given the fandom's tendency to dive into all of the show's nuances and hints, right after the season 1 finale, someone on Reddit went to the Bible for the equivalent verse, which would be Genesis 15:3. The verse reads: "And Abram said, 'You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir.'" Damn, the show pretty much thinks of everything. "
Sazerac
AG
I was about to give up on the show but the finale was worth it!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.