BBC/British TV

28,862 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by LondonOllie
zgood10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finished Black Mirror and now watching Luther
combat wombat™
AG
I've started watching Sherlock.
TX04Aggie
AG
I enjoyed Broadchurch, watching The Fall right now. Also, the mini-series Fleming: The Man That Would be Bond was very good. 4 parts about Ian Fleming during the Battle of Britain in WW2 and how the Bond series was born.
LondonOllie
The Honorable Woman - Starring Maggie Gyllenhaal (Secretary), Stephen Rea (The Crying Game) and Janet McTeer (Damages).

Enjoying it so far...but only 3 episodes in.

http://www.sundance.tv/series/the-honorable-woman
Agristotle
AG
If you enjoy spy fiction, "The Game" was excellent. Only 6 episodes and the conclusion was excellent.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Foyle's War and Sherlock
degreedy
AG
I just finished Season 1 of A Young Doctor's Notebook on Netflix.

Starring Daniel Radcliffe as the young doctor starting his career and Jon Hamm as his older self reflecting on his early life. Set in a rural Russian hospital, the young doctor soon realizes how unprepared he his for his chosen profession, while the older doctor reflects on the decisions he made that lead him to his current situation.

4 episodes, about 30 minutes each. Really enjoyable in my opinion and would definitely recommend to anyone who is a fan of the BBC.
SeattleAgJr
Broadchurch Series 2 started today. Awesome first episode.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
I just finished Season 1 of A Young Doctor's Notebook on Netflix.

Starring Daniel Radcliffe as the young doctor starting his career and Jon Hamm as his older self reflecting on his early life. Set in a rural Russian hospital, the young doctor soon realizes how unprepared he his for his chosen profession, while the older doctor reflects on the decisions he made that lead him to his current situation.

4 episodes, about 30 minutes each. Really enjoyable in my opinion and would definitely recommend to anyone who is a fan of the BBC.
I agree. A good quick watch. I am looking forward to season 2 hitting Netflix.
MAROON
AG
quote:
If you enjoy spy fiction, "The Game" was excellent. Only 6 episodes and the conclusion was excellent.
it was fantastic! I cannot wait for the next season of this show.
Danger Mouse
AG
It started for me years ago watching the old Sherlock Holmes series. Then I moved on to several shows.

MI-5
Wallander
Midsomer Murders
As Time Goes By
Inspector Morse
Inspector Lewis
Poirot
Miss Marple
Doctor Who
Foyles War
Class of '91 (MEEN)
Chipotlemonger
AG
There have been some good Poirot episodes. Wallander is good too.
combat wombat™
AG
OMG. Sherlock's over. When does new season start? Where do I watch? (I watched entirely on Netflix.)
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
quote:
OMG. Sherlock's over. When does new season start? Where do I watch? (I watched entirely on Netflix.)
The next "season" doesn't come out on the BBC until 2016 so us Netflixers will have to wait a while.
combat wombat™
AG
2016?!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Office
Extras
An Idiot Abroad

Basically, I've discovered how hilarious Ricky Gervais is.
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
quote:
2016?!
Yep and from what I read yesterday, there's been some delays in shooting it so it may not be early 2016 like originally thought. BBC makes some great shows but their season totals (3-4 shows) and the space inbetween seasons sucks!
Smokes With Cigarettes
Just glanced at this thread but the bbc show survivors was great .too bad it was only two seasons
zgood10
AG
Finished Luther and now watching Broadchurch
rhutton125
AG
My parents watched the Three Musketeers. Seemed alright for some hour-long action and laughs
chiken
AG
quote:
The Graham Norton show is the BEST talk show around. All guest come out at the same time. Some drink wine or beer. We watch every week.

Also, can't wait for more Orphan Black and Sherlock.

I just found the Graham Norton show by accident this week and I LOVE IT!!!!!!
zgood10
AG
Recently finished both series of The Fall. Another great show.
Rock Ag
AG
Really loving the new season of top gear
ja86
AG
Top gear always rocks...
Connd
Broadchurch is a great show, very well written. It wins awards like crazy in the U.K.
aTmLoKi
AG
Two seasons down in Luther. I'm really enjoying this show!
TheDoctor
AG
Luther is great. Its all on Netflix and wonderful 8th Doctor Paul McGann has a great supporting role in the first two seasons. The second season of Broadchurch comes to BBCA March 4th, excited for that as well. I'll need something else to watch during the summer before Who returns in the fall.
TheDoctor
AG
quote:
quote:
The Graham Norton show is the BEST talk show around. All guest come out at the same time. Some drink wine or beer. We watch every week.

Also, can't wait for more Orphan Black and Sherlock.

I just found the Graham Norton show by accident this week and I LOVE IT!!!!!!
Graham Norton is hilarious.
agenjake
Another vote here for Doc Martin. Hilarious.
SeattleAgJr
Wolf Hall. it is incredible. It is about Henry VIII, Cromwell, and the dealio with his first three wives. Story si told from Cromwell's point-of-view.

Awesome cast. Well acted. Great story that feels modern without being stilted.

6 episode series, final episodes airs next week (in the UK). Will be broadcast in the US in the next month or so.

Widely available on torrents of course.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/programs/wolf-hall/
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Luther is great. Its all on Netflix and wonderful 8th Doctor Paul McGann has a great supporting role in the first two seasons. The second season of Broadchurch comes to BBCA March 4th, excited for that as well. I'll need something else to watch during the summer before Who returns in the fall.
Second series of Broadchurch is... different. Final episode airs next week.

I like this series, but not as much as the first. Feels a bit drawn out, but it is at least entertaining enough that I do not feel the time was wasted.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
2016?!
Yep and from what I read yesterday, there's been some delays in shooting it so it may not be early 2016 like originally thought. BBC makes some great shows but their season totals (3-4 shows) and the space inbetween seasons sucks!
There WILL be a Christmas episode this year, then the next series in late 2016.
LondonOllie
I've been watching Wolf Hall. Up to episode five, so one more to go I think.

It's very good, but unless you are into historical drama, the pace might feel a bit slow.
Acting wise, it's really top notch.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
I've been watching Wolf Hall. Up to episode five, so one more to go I think.

It's very good, but unless you are into historical drama, the pace might feel a bit slow.
Acting wise, it's really top notch.
I would not call it slow. I would call it paced. But enough story is happening that I have no issue with it.

I am just enjoying the good script, the incredible acting, and cinematography.

Picked it up by chance because Damien Lewis was in the role, but damn if I am not enjoying it.

Hopefully the do a second series to cover the other books to carry it through Cromwell's end.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Just stumbled across this thread and coincidentally just finished the 2nd season of Peaky Blinders. Cannot possibly recommend this show enough for those with Netflix. The wait for Season 3 is going to be torture.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.