BBC/British TV

28,781 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by LondonOllie
RDB121
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doc Martin
LondonOllie
Just finished the 2nd episode of a BBC TV drama called 'The Replacement.' Not sure when it will make the leap over to US TV.

It's pretty tense and suspenseful and so far we're enjoying it. I think this trailer should work....

Dave Robicheaux
AG
Nm
VanZandt92
For those of you in need of something to watch over the holidays:

Not mentioned or only minimally discussed so far is Life on Mars. Not a new show but great.

Taboo -. Only one season but compelling.

Wolf Hall -. Just to reiterate this is must see.
MW03
AG
LondonOllie said:

If you like comedy, there was a series from a couple of years ago that I really liked. I don't think you can find it without doing a search and 'downloading it'. It was called ****oo & stared SNL comedian, Andy Samberg.
It's very funny!

****oo pits Hollywood stalwart Andy Samberg against British comedy giant Greg Davies.

Ken and Lorna Thompson's daughter Rachel has returned from her gap year with a new husband, ****oo - self-appointed spiritual ninja. He is every parent's worst nightmare - a slacker full of outlandish, New Age ideas. Ken and Lorna have no choice but to welcome him into their family home - and if every Englishman's home is his castle, then this hippie has stormed Ken's fortress and plundered everything, most unforgivably, his princess.

This recently showed up on Netflix, and I have to say I enjoyed the first season much more than I thought I would after an episode. Really funny stuff.
LondonOllie
If you enjoyed ****oo and liked the father in the show, actor/comedian Greg Davies, then check out a show on Netflix called Man Down.

It's totally mad and will take you about 3 episodes to get into it (got to give it a chance or you'll turn it off).
In the first series you'll also see Rick Mayall cast as his Dad. For those old enough, Rick was Rick from The Young Ones back in the 80's. Unfortunately he passed away after the first series ended from I believe, a heart attack so isn't in the following series.

Anyway, Man Down I found absolutely hilarious. Very quirky in a British humor sort of way.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80221261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.