BBC/British TV

28,860 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by LondonOllie
wesag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

Will always be my favorite show.
I have tried to like Dr. Who, really I have, and I even record it for a buddy and he comes over and watches, but I just dont like the show.
Law361
AG
Luther and Black Mirror are awesome
Quinn
AG
Black Mirror is now streaming on Netflix.
mattvswild
AG
In addition to lots of the shows already listed, I really enjoyed The Fall.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
That was supposed to be getting a second series IIRC.
LondonOllie
Not sure if these are available here, but check out/keep an eye out for.....

The Missing (BBC)
The Fall (BBC)
Remember Me (BBC)
mattvswild
AG
quote:
quote:
That was supposed to be getting a second series IIRC.

The second season is currently on BBC 2, so hopefully it'll lan on Netflix in the nearish future.
combat wombat™
AG
I enjoyed the Blechley Circle. Not entirely realistic, but enjoyable.
LondonOllie
If you like comedy, there was a series from a couple of years ago that I really liked. I don't think you can find it without doing a search and 'downloading it'. It was called Cuckoo & stared SNL comedian, Andy Samberg.
It's very funny!

Cuckoo pits Hollywood stalwart Andy Samberg against British comedy giant Greg Davies.

Ken and Lorna Thompson's daughter Rachel has returned from her gap year with a new husband, Cuckoo - self-appointed spiritual ninja. He is every parent's worst nightmare - a slacker full of outlandish, New Age ideas. Ken and Lorna have no choice but to welcome him into their family home - and if every Englishman's home is his castle, then this hippie has stormed Ken's fortress and plundered everything, most unforgivably, his princess.

aggiesq
AG
quote:
Black Mirror is now streaming on Netflix.
hunter2012
AG
just finished Black Mirror, wow is it amazing... I'm not sure if I've seen a scifi show that dark...

To be honest I'm not sure why black mirror doesn't have it's own thread...
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
quote:
Being Human was fantastic.

I loved seasons 1-3. Never finished season 5. I just never got attached to the characters introduced in season 4.
boy09
AG
Started Peaky Blinders last night. Shouldn't take me too long to burn through the 13 episodes on Netflix.
rhomulus bonham
AG
Watched Broadchurch this past week/weekend on Netflix. The story line was extremely well written and drew me in.
The Catfish
AG
Peaky Blinders FTW
wesag
AG
quote:
Started Peaky Blinders last night. Shouldn't take me too long to burn through the 13 episodes on Netflix.

Says a dude with no kids.
The Debt
I have only watched one episode of Dr Who. Christopher Eccleston was the Dr and they witness the nova of the Earth's sun.

He takes the girl to meet all these alien species and the last human alive:

When all the aliens are filing into the viewing platform Eccleston acts giddy with all the weird species and begins to jiggle with glee:

Now Im usually into to campy scifi, but the aliens and the human were just crap. How people can subject themselves to such poor writing and slow wit amazes me.
schmendeler
AG
Yeah that was where I stopped watching as well. Interesting concepts, just poorly presented.
runontexas
AG
quote:

Will always be my favorite show.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
In reply to The Debt
Yeah that was where I stopped watching as well. Interesting concepts, just poorly presented.

Watch the episode "Blink" season 3 episode 10. Great science fiction and creepy as hell. And the Doctor is barely in it.
AgPediRPh
AG
Couldn't get past the pig episode of Black Mirror. Writers confused shocking with disgusting
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Couldn't get past the pig episode of Black Mirror. Writers confused shocking with disgusting

I know that episode is screwed up, I promise you all the other episodes are better. It was worth it to me to keep watching...
The Debt
quote:
In reply to The Debt

Watch the episode "Blink" season 3 episode 10. Great science fiction and creepy as hell. And the Doctor is barely in it.

Perhaps I will. I guess I shouldn't judge a series by one episode. I can only imagine what someone would think of breaking bad if the first episode they saw was the Fly (or whatever the name of that episode was).

One thing I do worry about watching 30 seasons of anything.
zgood10
AG
Episode 2 of Black Mirror was great. 1 was meh
Potcake
AG
Watched The Trip last week which is apparently based on a TV sitcom.
Saxsoon
AG
If you can't get past the first season of Doctor Who, you are seriously subjecting yourself to missing some of the best Sci-fi in the history of Sci-fi
jabberwalkie09
AG
Ecclestone was not a good doctor imo. If you can get through his iteration, i think you will find Tennant's doctor to be much more enjoyable.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
If you can't get past the first season of Doctor Who, you are seriously subjecting yourself to missing some of the best Sci-fi in the history of Sci-fi

We are currently on the second series/iteration of Doctor Who, I think the previous run ended sometime back in the 80's. The revival started in 2005.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:

We are currently on the second series/iteration of Doctor Who, I think the previous run ended sometime back in the 80's. The revival started in 2005.
I was speaking of the 2005 revival.

And I loved the Eccleston Doctor. I have been following Doctor Who since the revival back in 2005, so for a long time. He got me hooked, though Matt Smith is my Doctor.

jabberwalkie09
AG
Hey man, bow ties are cool.
FourAggies
AG
Enjoyed Orphan Black and Copper.
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
Love the BBC shows... I'd add Ripper Street into the mix as well, great show that Netflix is picking up due to them canceling it in favor of running more Peaky Blinders.
Ag86Sig83
AG
The Graham Norton show is the BEST talk show around. All guest come out at the same time. Some drink wine or beer. We watch every week.

Also, can't wait for more Orphan Black and Sherlock.
CoolAggie
AG
The Fall is worth watching on Netflix. Just binge watched season 1 today (5 episodes). Season 2 will be available on January 16th.
PatAg
AG
Tennant makes the show an insane amount better.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.