General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread

162,596 Views | 2603 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by Dre_00
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Out in Left Field
AG
Well that was fun!
Rudyjax
AG
Damn it's pissing rain.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Wow
Out in Left Field
AG
They were doomed from the start

Dre_00
Woof. Celebrated that 7-0 like it came with a trophy. And now look...losing to last place teams, not gonna win a trophy, and will be playing in the Europa Conference League next season.

Have Liverpool gone full Spursy?
jeffk
AG
We've been losing to last-place teams all year, thank you very much.

I do appreciate that United having their first good season in a decade has y'all back on your high horse about how things should be celebrated though.
Mathguy64
AG
Bwahahaha. Richarlison gives a big FU to Conte and all the haters scoring a goal at 2' only to have it pulled out of the net for being offside by a cm. Suck it you chump.
Furlock Bones
AG
Live look at Chelsea

texagbeliever
I think Conte was more dejected than any forest player when the goal was scored.
Dre_00
Celebrate how you want to celebrate my friend! Far be it from me to judge. If you want to post memes, go for it! Type a few words on the other team's thread? Have at it! Not often you beat your biggest rival 7-0 so you should absolutely enjoy it to the fullest because such a victory likely won't happen again in any of our lifetimes.

I'm just here to point out some factual observations that closely resemble a certain London based club, that's all.
jeffk
AG
Seriously! It's not everyday you get to set scoring records!
Dre_00
I know right?! A 9-0 win and a 7-0 win in the same season...craziness! Heaviest defeat of your rival since they were named something completely different more than 100 years ago. Really impressive! Literally doing things that haven't been done in centuries? There's a very legitimate argument to be made that his is your best ever season.
Furlock Bones
AG
Marsch was definitely the problem and totally had nothing to do with losing Raphina.
jeffk
AG
Woah, now. I am firmly on the record that this Liverpool team is bad and anyone who loses to them should feel bad.
Dre_00
Don't worry. I/we do. The only silver lining is that it's happening less often this year.
jeffk
AG
I saw this morning that we've played the last place team four times this season. In those four games, we've taken a grand total of one point. (Tie vs Everton.)

I felt like throwing up. That's disgusting.
wangus12
AG
jeffk said:

We've been losing to last-place teams all year, thank you very much.

I do appreciate that United having their first good season in a decade has y'all back on your high horse about how things should be celebrated though.

You guys are allowed to celebrate! Everything we celebrate it leads to massive media outcry and an FA investigation
TXAggie2011
AG
I did enjoy watching Mykhailo Mudryk celebrating his offsides goal for 5 minutes. What a peach
Mathguy64
AG
jeffk said:

Seriously! It's not everyday you get to set scoring records!

You should be proud rolling all the 7s. Win 7-0, but 7 points back. You take your 7 and we will take ours. And the game in hand.
Dre_00
On the bright side your next 3 league games are against City, Chelsea, and Arsenal?

Leeds game after those might be tricky though.
jeffk
AG
Well, I would say I'm fine with that as long as we don't finish in 7th, but then the monkeys paw would send us to 10th or something.
ChipFTAC01
AG
This is the kind of **** talking I envisioned last August.
Dre_00
If you have some time to kill, I highly suggest you spend some time reading through this thread from the beginning. High comedy. As I didn't contribute much to the conversation early on, it would be uncouth of me to call out specific takes. And let's face it, even though it has turned into a pretty bad take, I too thought United would be a lot worse this season than they actually are. And those Arsenal jibes aren't aging well either.

But I will call out one specific opinion that was offered early on...that Lisandro Martinez was too short to succeed in the EPL. It was a horrible, lazy take then that has been thoroughly disproven and you should all feel bad about it.
jeffk
AG
I think my Everton banter held up well.
Dre_00
Yeah but that's like predicting the sun will rise tomorrow
Rudyjax
AG
What's the most heated London Derby?
Aston94
AG
Chuck Cunningham said:

What's the most heated London Derby?

Spurs-Arsenal for EPL
West Ham-Milwall for thuggery
deadbq03
AG
Yeah I also thought of Millwall-West Ham as my overall choice.
Mathguy64
AG
If you look up the definition of "spursy" in the dictionary it would list the last 13" of this match as an example.
Legal Custodian
AG
That Leeds Wolves match was heated! That ref is not well liked at all
deadbq03
AG
Table is nuts. Outside of the (let's be real) 2 title contenders, everyone else is either playing for European places or playing to avoid relegation. There's no middle. An 11 point gulf separates those groups (assuming Everton draw/lose), and seems to be widening.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
TXAggie2011
AG
Wow
Furlock Bones
AG
Conte slagging off all of Tottenham

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.