Regional tickets on sale (see link)

11,938 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BryanTXAG1744
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
the same things were done for you when you were a student, but now that you don't get to benefit from it screw the students. This is college athletics and the students should be able to enjoy it first.

lol what are you talking about?

The student seating issue is so far from any sort of egregious situation that it's laughable. Not only is this NOT AN A&M EVENT BUT a NCAA SANCTIONED EVENT, Jason Cook just got on here and said there's a designated section up top for students. All for an event taking place when school is out.

I'd be willing to wager that they have given the students a better opportunity at prime seats than any other team hosting a regional or SR over the next 2 weekends.

Of course, they could always just not host regionals at all...then you wouldn't have the opportunity to feel slighted.
rlag09
AG
This is the first time this has been this way in a regional at Olsen. Students have always sat in normal sections before.
McGibblets
AG
quote:
Seats were reserved in 203 for students. We sent an email directly to students who had attended multiple games this season with a special invitation.

When was the email sent? I attended nearly every home game, but do not recall seeing an email
ProudAg16
AG
quote:
quote:
the same things were done for you when you were a student, but now that you don't get to benefit from it screw the students. This is college athletics and the students should be able to enjoy it first.

lol what are you talking about?

The student seating issue is so far from any sort of egregious situation that it's laughable. Not only is this NOT AN A&M EVENT BUT a NCAA SANCTIONED EVENT, Jason Cook just got on here and said there's a designated section up top for students. All for an event taking place when school is out.

I'd be willing to wager that they have given the students a better opportunity at prime seats than any other team hosting a regional or SR over the next 2 weekends.

Of course, they could always just not host regionals at all...then you wouldn't have the opportunity to feel slighted.
Boy, you hate us students a lot don't you?
Bunk Moreland
quote:
This is the first time this has been this way in a regional at Olsen. Students have always sat in normal sections before.

The team is also one of the best in the country, and the attendance this year has been great and is expected to be great for the regional. The one thing we are SURE of, is there will be far fewer students by default. In the past regionals, a large portion of GA tickets ended up being bought up by general public anyway. So they have a section reserved for students, and now they can sell more reserved seats to the general public.

I think it's a win all round.
Bunk Moreland
No. I just don't see how this is going to have an effect on any students not being able to sit up in the section designated to student seating.

I've sat in 201-203 during past regionals in GA, and almost every time it has A) more non-students than students and B) more fans from other schools up there.

This way, by designating a student section that is closer to the actual number of students who will attend, you can also sell those seats up there as reserved to the general public, i.e. Aggie fans buying them before other schools find out where they're going to go.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
If I remember correctly in the past, and this is over 15 years ago, students could either buy reserved seats or GA. However, GA was first come, first served so many of us got to the ballpark early and waited in line to buy tickets.

I understand the students frustration with this but, it appears they are able to purchase reserved seats in advance, something that wasn't available many years ago.

Again, my memory may be faulty so you can disregard if this information is incorrect.

tjack16
AG
I have attended most of the games and I never got an email? I also Bought student super regional tickets when they went on sale.
TempleAg97
AG
I have section 203, Row 15. If students are above, it will be a lot of fun.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Back in my day (2003)....

We weren't given any special ticket pricing as students, or given an email telling us we had a section reserved for us. "Olds" moved into our spots too, I ended up watching a regional game standing behind the lower section.

A lot of the "regulars" were gone, once summer started a good part of the students were out of town anyway.

And in 2004, (and other years for supers and regionals) we had to find full price tickets at other schools' stadiums and the money to get there because we didn't have the opportunity to attend a regional or super at Olsen. I have to admit I didn't make it to the grand slam game at Rice in 04 because I literally didn't have the money in my account to get a ticket and pay for gas to get there. I would have taken SRO at Olsen in a heartbeat.
McGibblets
AG
I just wish that students were informed of how tickets worked before we had to buy them. Everyone just assumed that it'd be GA. If I had known that the section would potentially be reserved seats, I may have caughed up the extra $40 or so to sit with the other "usuals" if others felt the same way.

At this point, I'm just trying to figure out what the hell is going on. I've talked to many others and don't know of anyone who received the email that Jason cook talked about. I'm not upset, I just want to figure this out. I don't want people to show up for the games Friday and realize there was something they had to do in order to get into the reserved student section (if one does in fact exist)
Basketball and Chain
AG
quote:
dealing with them now. Somehow they weren't able to "fulfill our request" for our 2 extra tickets on top of the season tickets we have...yet we got no notice before they just started selling to the general public.

How the hell does that happen? They're "looking into it" now for us.

What a cluster ****.
Who's running this ****ing circus?

You'd think they'd send out ticket request information to season ticket holders and donors that made ticket requests before releasing tickets to the general public.....
Lance Uppercut
AG
That confusion may be something that continues long into your career of buying A&M athletics tickets.
Lance Uppercut
AG
...as seen by B&C's post.
Basketball and Chain
AG
Hey, thanks for your ticket request. We'll notify you by Monday, May 18th.

JUST JOKING, we're going to release tickets to the general public on Friday before letting you know whether or not you got tickets. But please, gladly take 30 minutes out of your day to wait on hold to ask us, since we're too ****ing lazy to send you a courtesy e-mail like we told you we would.
Bondag
AG
1-888-992-4443 ext. 3

I have not had to wait on hold yet.
Basketball and Chain
AG
quote:
1-888-992-4443 ext. 3

I have not had to wait on hold yet.
I called, and I waited on hold. Thankfully, I got tickets. The guy said he could send me an invoice with my information. Had no explanation for why I didn't get a confirmation e-mail like I was supposed to.
mpaggie06
AG
quote:
Hey, thanks for your ticket request. We'll notify you by Monday, May 18th.

JUST JOKING, we're going to release tickets to the general public on Friday before letting you know whether or not you got tickets. But please, gladly take 30 minutes out of your day to wait on hold to ask us, since we're too ****ing lazy to send you a courtesy e-mail like we told you we would.
EXACTLY.
mpaggie06
AG
quote:
I've got no problem with students having prime seats for all of the home games. It's part of what makes A&M great; no doubt about that. Saying our students are "spoiled" by prime seating options is not a way of saying that I don't agree with it. Our students are, in fact, spoiled. They're lucky, and they should appreciate it while they're students.
mpaggie06
AG
quote:
Incorrect. See Lance's reply above. They would be stupid to keep all the student seating in place for post-season, NCAA tournament games after school is out. They do a fairly decent job of making tickets available to students, but you can't possibly expect to have the same student seats made available to you. If they really did send an email to students attending multiple games (as Cook alluded to, but several regulars can't seem to confirm), I'd say they went above and beyond.
McGibblets
AG
2nd deck out by right field are prime seats? Don't get me wrong, I love sitting there and they're not bad seats at all, but if these are the best seats in the house, where is a worse place to put the students?

And also, aside from season ticket holders, all seats are GA. Anyone can sit there
agdoc84
I called this morning and was told I got 4 in section 206. I have not received a email yet confirming this. Are they sending emails out?
mpaggie06
AG
quote:
2nd deck out by right field are prime seats? Don't get me wrong, I love sitting there and they're not bad seats at all, but if these are the best seats in the house, where is a worse place to put the students?

And also, aside from season ticket holders, all seats are GA. Anyone can sit there
They aren't "prime" compared to having the first, second, and 3rd decks of the East side (like Kyle used to be), but in baseball terms they are good seats. The comparable seats on the 1st base side are all reserved season tickets. And that section isn't anywhere near right field- it's on the 1st base line. Hell, the 1st base coach comes down and yucks it up with the students in the 2nd deck from his box. Right field my ass. Those seats are plenty good, and I'm sure a lot of students from other schools would be perfectly happy to have similar ones. It's not only about being best/worst in the house, it also has to do with the amount and centralized grouping of the student allocation.

If we didn't have the berms (like few stadiums do), making the outfield bleachers the student section would be pretty standard school procedure for places other than A&M. Moreover, a lot of schools don't have quite the capacity that A&M has; especially capacity in good seating locations.
Bunk Moreland
quote:

Every seat in Olsen that is an actual seat is prime, IMO. The old bleachers were not prime. Other ballparks that stick bleachers all the way down to the foul poles are not prime. Outfield beyond the fence seats are not prime.

But if you look at any major league ball park, the seats from the end of the dirt on the 1st base line around home plate and through the end of the dirt on the 3rd base line, in the 1st and 2nd deck, are your "prime seats."

So just by Olsen field standards, no they may not be the best. But by generic ballpark standards, every seat with a row and number currently at Olsen is "prime," IMO.
McGibblets
AG
Like I said, they're not bad, and I love sitting there, but they're probably the worst bleacher seats in Olsen
McGibblets
AG
And also, its not just the student section. They're GA so anyone can sit there. Its not like the students are getting preferential treatment or anything (aside from sports pass pricing). But yes, obviously Kyle is a different situation
Basketball and Chain
AG
quote:
I called this morning and was told I got 4 in section 206. I have not received a email yet confirming this. Are they sending emails out?
I had to ask for them to send me a confirmation e-mail.
TraditionsPD
AG
Now I have 8 tickets. 4 in 211 and 4 in 201
Bondag
AG
They called me to confirm I wanted the extras. I dropped them so someone else can buy at face.
TraditionsPD
AG
I guess I will wait on their call or sell at face to someone here
CampingAg
AG
Blame it on the berms.
Jason86
AG
Right, I guess I'll just find out Monday morning when I call. I really don't understand how you can tell people they'll know by Monday May 18th and then say nothing. How does that even happen?! Always under-promise and over-deliver, the whole 12th Man Foundation is crap and needs to be overhauled.
fightintxag13
AG
Nevermind
TraditionsPD
AG
I might have 4 extras in 201
baseball_ag
AG
In the same boat here. I had 2 reserved in my browser and had someone pop into my office. When I went back, there were only lawn/ sro.

Please PM if you are willing to sell 2 extras.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.