Regional tickets on sale (see link)

11,940 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BryanTXAG1744
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
TMF really screwed up if they're throwing the students down on the berms. 203 is a huge part of what makes Olsen Olsen. If they're more concerned about money than the atmosphere at Olsen, times are changing

Or there could be NCAA rules that state they can't give students a dedicated section or something. Who knows.
ProudAg16
AG
This is bad. Real bad.
spanky
AG
Haha, what a joke TMF ticketing is
McGibblets
AG
I don't see why it would be any different than the regular season
twk
AG
By rule, they have to give the visiting teams a certain number of tickets between first and third. This comes out of the GA allotment, as we don't displace season ticket holders (I believe LSU does just that---their player comps for regular season games are way down the line, but that won't cut it come tournament time). In years past, there has been like one section of GA remaining, but maybe they felt it wasn't worth the trouble for that few GA seats.
tam2002
AG
201 is for sure reserved we just got tickets there...all GA appears to be on the berms
Bondag
AG
quote:
Called just now...

Requested 3 based on our 3 season tickets. Confirmed that we got those, and that they are in the same location.

Also requested 3 additional tickets, and they said I did not get those. Obviously my first question was "How did I not get those, if you're selling them to the general public now?" She said that was only advanced sell, and they only had a certain amount of those, and that they weren't guaranteed. She then said that I was able to go buy them online, now that they were on sale to the general public. Sounds like standard TMF. Good thing someone started this thread, otherwise we might not have caught it in time. Sure would have been nice if they had emailed what our status was, at least.
OP still has a ways to go to dig himself out of the hole.
ProudAg16
AG
quote:

One other thing for folks sitting on the fence to think about: if a certain Big XII team wins the Big XII tournament, there's a high probability that they get sent to College Station. Might want to lock up your tickets now.
Yep. I would not be surprised at all if they won the tournament. Talking to a friend I have on the team, they believe they will and have already thought about the possibility of coming to a College Station regional.
McGibblets
AG
Sure, they're required to give seats to opposing teams, but I don't imagine it was enough to take up all of GA aside from berms and SRO. obviously, I'm upset because I've sat in the same damn seat all season and am now being pushed to berms while they're selling tickets in these sections. Thanks TMF
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Sure, they're required to give seats to opposing teams, but I don't imagine it was enough to take up all of GA aside from berms and SRO. obviously, I'm upset because I've sat in the same damn seat all season and am now being pushed to berms while they're selling tickets in these sections. Thanks TMF

I'll sell you mine. Only a 200% mark up.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
You sat in GA seats all year, though. Hard for me to really rally around getting upset about TMF selling the GA seats up in the stands to accommodate as many Aggie fans as possible, while still keeping the minimum # of reserved seats for visiting fans.

It's summer time. Students are gone. This is a NCAA sanctioned event, not A&M. A&M is just the host for this tournament.

Now their incompetence on handling the ticket requests, along with the lack of any sort of communication about them selling to the general public, and when, prior to that, is a bit ridiculous.
ProudAg16
AG
quote:
It will definitely be an environment killer
McGibblets
AG
I could buy reserved tickets, but its the people in the section that make it what it is. Now everyone is going to be scattered all over the place. I wouldn't expect much heckling and all the other nonsense that usually happens at games
mpaggie06
AG
quote:
quote:
Called just now...

Requested 3 based on our 3 season tickets. Confirmed that we got those, and that they are in the same location.

Also requested 3 additional tickets, and they said I did not get those. Obviously my first question was "How did I not get those, if you're selling them to the general public now?" She said that was only advanced sell, and they only had a certain amount of those, and that they weren't guaranteed. She then said that I was able to go buy them online, now that they were on sale to the general public. Sounds like standard TMF. Good thing someone started this thread, otherwise we might not have caught it in time. Sure would have been nice if they had emailed what our status was, at least.
OP still has a ways to go to dig himself out of the hole.
I'm glad the thread got started so that the great minds of TexAgs could congregate and discover the problem...not giving anyone credit they don't deserve, trust me.
Waller County Aggie 04
AG
Just got 4 reserved in Sec 201. I really wanted Sec 209 & 210 but I guess season-ticket holders & their additional requests got those first so I won't complain.

Did I read right that someone already got tickets confirmed for the Supers (if we make it)??? I don't see anything for that on the website...
Bunk Moreland
quote:
I could buy reserved tickets, but its the people in the section that make it what it is. Now everyone is going to be scattered all over the place. I wouldn't expect much heckling and all the other nonsense that usually happens at games

It's not an A&M game. It's a NCAA tournament game. It's not going to be the same.

But rest assured, there will be plenty of ragging going on up there and around the stadium. It'll be fine.
ProudAg16
AG
Replace the berms with permanent seating and we don't have this issue
Bondag
AG
I got pre-order fulfilled. Didn't know until I called.
ProudAg16
AG
quote:
quote:

It's not an A&M game. It's a NCAA tournament game. It's not going to be the same.

But rest assured, there will be plenty of ragging going on up there and around the stadium. It'll be fine.
From the berm
McGibblets
AG
I definitely understand why TMF did this the way that they did, but I'm just a little frustrated since this directly affects myself and my friends. I'm sure the closer we get to regionals, the less I'll care about it and be more excited to kick some ass and move on to supers
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

From the berm

Guess you're the first and only to rag.
Waller County Aggie 04
AG
Berms??? Translation por favor
ProudAg16
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

From the berm

Guess you're the first and only to rag.
Just playin', relax.
ProudAg16
AG
Grass seating down the lines
spanky
AG
Ok, called and my request was filled; reserved seats in non GA area
Waller County Aggie 04
AG
Gracias
Ag13
AG
What a mess it will be if it rains...the berms suck anyways but it's pretty unbearable when it's raining and after. Will never understand not simply putting int bleachers there.
ProudAg16
AG
quote:
What a mess it will be if it rains...the berms suck anyways but it's pretty unbearable when it's raining and after. Will never understand not simply putting int bleachers there.
Still a week out, but projected thunderstorms every day right now
mpaggie06
AG
OH THE HUMANITY! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE STUDENTS???

Bro, this is an NCAA tournament game site, not an A&M controlled mid-week game against UT-Pan Am. Stop acting like this is a shock; or even unrealistic by any stretch of the imagination. Just like with football, we spoil our students with their seat locations during regular season home games...but that's all they are entitled to, based on what is stipulated up front. The post season =/= regular season. They'll get just as rowdy from the berm, and we can all blow bubbles and yell pitcher's first names like a family...a family structured according to those paying for it.
jason_cook
S
Seats were reserved in 203 for students. We sent an email directly to students who had attended multiple games this season with a special invitation.
jackrabbit
AG
just called and found out will be in 203...can't complain Guess I need to teach the young kids how to carry on the 203 tradition. I presume I will be paying the higher reserved seat prices?
rlag09
AG
What a worthless decision. I'll be watching at home instead of helping the 12th man foundation with their money grab.
ProudAg16
AG
quote:
Seats were reserved in 203 for students. We sent an email directly to students who had attended multiple games this season with a special invitation.
I never got an email and I went to 30 of the 36 games. But thanks for info!! I'll be up in 203
rlag09
AG
the same things were done for you when you were a student, but now that you don't get to benefit from it screw the students. This is college athletics and the students should be able to enjoy it first.
tjack16
AG
I'm a student and I understand their decision completely. Its an NCAA tournament game, not a home game. Yes we are hosting but NCAA rules of neutrality come into play. I'll be buying reserved tickets to a super regional (if we host AND win our regional hopefully)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.