Clear Picture of the No-Call at the end

82,740 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by Lance Uppercut
uneedastraw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howland knows it wasn't a clean block. He had to make it a point to say it in the after the game on-court interview....WHEN IT WASN'T EVEN A QUESTION ASKED TO HIM.

He knew the refs gave him the win.
IDaggie06
AG
This is far different than that stupid horse race picture...There were 3 refs from 3 different angles that saw this foul and could have called it.

Quit making excuses for the refs. There ruined the game.
uneedastraw
atx, it had NOTHING to do with the refs?

Did you see that pic. This loss had everything to do with the refs. The refs took the opportunity of free throws to tie the game away from the Ags. That has EVERYTHING to do with the refs!
IDaggie06
AG
How can you look at that picture and say our loss had nothing to do with the refs? We might as well not have been given a final possession if they were going to be aloud to just nail us on any shot we took.
unmade bed
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2BYGtkXPHkc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rQbNz3xfvcU&feature=related
atxaggie
quote:
There ruined the game

sober up...THEN post. welcome to Texags!
TAMU1990
AG
I'm just as mad as everyone else, but we should of done something else the last 10 minutes instead of playing into the refs hands. No calls in the paint, start setting up the jump shots with the high/low to open up the paint later in the game. Sloan should of kicked it out to DK unless he went straight to the rack for a layup. Carter was going to be covered, DK was opening up (if you watch the replay).

PapaJohn14
AG

rojo_ag
AG
What we need to do is find out one of the ref's email addresses and f-ing fill his box with pics of this. Better yet fill his supervisor's box with 30,000 pics of this s***!
pioneerbasketball
ontheway
AG
The argument we made "5pts the last ten" that cost us the game is nuts! Before that last call, Love was butchering JJ and BD after they made offensive rebounds. He was not blocking shots those last 10 minutes. It was so obvious he was fouling us under the basket and got no calls long , long before the dummies put their whistles in their pockets "and let them play". BS!!
Bea Arthur is SEXY
quote:
I'm just as mad as everyone else, but we should of done something else the last 10 minutes instead of playing into the refs hands. No calls in the paint, start setting up the jump shots with the high/low to open up the paint later in the game. Sloan should of kicked it out to DK unless he went straight to the rack for a layup. Carter was going to be covered, DK was opening up (if you watch the replay).

DING!! DING!! DING!!
str8shot1000
AG
That's how most of Love's blocks looked as well...........damn!
unmade bed
Had we hit our FTs, maybe we aren't even having this discussion.
gibby03
AG
That's a very BAD picture to be floating around out there for those refs. That picture says ALOT!!!!!!!!!
RAB83
AG
It was pathetic not to call it, but nothing says Sloan would have hit two from the line. There were bad calls throughout, on both sides (I thought the refs were better overall than Big XII refs). It's just too bad this call had to happen at the end of the game.

Once we're the higher seed we'll get the benefit of the doubt.
WookieTheRookie
quote:
sober up...THEN post. welcome to Texags!

You do realize that those two statements are contradictory.
Bea Arthur is SEXY
quote:
The argument we made "5pts the last ten" that cost us the game is nuts! Before that last call, Love was butchering JJ and BD after they made offensive rebounds. He was not blocking shots those last 10 minutes. It was so obvious he was fouling us under the basket and got no calls long , long before the dummies put their whistles in their pockets "and let them play". BS!!

Which is exactly why I have been saying that we should not have put ourselves in that situation by driving right into them when we know they aren't going to call it. I believe Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
MagnumLoad
Point is we would have done something the last 10 minutes of the game if Love had not literally beat the crap outta Davis, Jones, and Jordan under the basket. He was hammering them on the arms. You could even hear it on the tv. The problem started way before the no call on Sloan. That is how they were able to shut down of offense, when we had really good chances at point blank to dunk or lay it in. We got totally screwed, but still could have won this game if we make our FT and do not throw the ball away. Point is though, the refs made those mistakes more critical than they should have been, and put more pressure on our team than they should have had. They knew they were getting jobbed. Total BS.
Noble07
AG
That makes me want to throw up.
ontheway
AG
Bea Arthur - you are wrong. Donald made the right play. He got exactly what what we wanted. Take it to them - make it or make them foul. But, ucla got what they wanted and expected -- no foul called.
IDaggie06
AG
quote:
most of the reactive posters here

You can really look at that picture and call us reactive posters? Reactive posters is a missed touch foul. He was fouled on both arms by one guy and on the elbow by the other.

Reactive posters my ass
blalockAg
ugh... that pictures makes me wanna throw up.. The ags left everything on the damn floor tonight. There's really nothing more you can say, but thats so obvious it makes me sick
mazag08
Brock Landers
AG
quote:
NCAA Refs are not going to give anyone that call with less than 10 seconds to go. No one.

I've read lots of dumb things on TexAgs, but that rates way up there. Yea, refs aren't goint to call blatant fouls when the game is on the line. Makes sense.
Ranger222
Philip J Fry
AG
careful atxaggie, you are treading in dangerous waters.
AB2
AG
I just ate a banana, reread the thread and puked it back up. That is all.
Bea Arthur is SEXY
quote:
Bea Arthur - you are wrong. Donald made the right play. He got exactly what what we wanted. Take it to them - make it or make them foul. But, ucla got what they wanted and expected -- no foul called.

He got exactly what we wanted? He got nothing. What you are implying is that A&M and UCLA both were counting on the refs for that last play, which means one has to be wrong. My point is that if you aren't getting the calls for 10 minutes and your play involves driving the hole and counting on the refs to bail you out, then that is doing the same thing over again but expecting different results. That's insanity. And I am right about that.
CynicalSam
AG
Bump
FightinAggie07
AG
Please send these to all major newspapers.
jbownds89
I just wish all the refs were forced to look at this picture and explain why there was no call. That would be interesting.
IDaggie06
AG
He wasn't driving to have the refs "BAIL HIM OUT"!
He made that SAME shot just a minute before.
I am confident he would have made it there, or at least his free throws. But we will never know. But is doesn't matter because I am just a "sore loser" for thinking that you should be able to get a last second shot off without being hammered.
BigOil
AG
makes me want to f'in puke.
rpr52121
AG
Brock,

Memphis got that call last year with 2 seconds left.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.