Clear Picture of the No-Call at the end

82,606 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by Lance Uppercut
Sensei John Kreese
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do we assume Sloan was automatic at the line. Do we blow them out on OT? The officials missed some calls but they did not lose this game. We play the cards we were given and came up short.
IDaggie06
AG
quote:
Do we assume Sloan was automatic at the line. Do we blow them out on OT? The officials missed some calls but they did not lose this game. We play the cards we were given and came up short.

Such an aggie response.

I myself would love to have seen the two free throws and/or overtime. If we miss the free throws then we deserve to lose. If we lose overtime then we lost the game. But to say we shouldn't have been given the chance on such an obvious foul is lame.
TriAg2010
AG
IDaggie06 = POTD
SlobberKnock
AG
Torbush.....f'ng Torbush.....Sad thing is I would say at least 3 of his other blocks were fouls too...there was one where he got two blocks consecutively....it made scream expletives and my wife yelled downstairs to ask what the noise was....i never yell at the tv....unbelievable....pac 10 refs suck donkey d*cks
Expert Analysis
AG
these refs were bad throughout the game. a couple calls in our favor early, several bad calls on both sides in the middle and a couple calls for UCLA at the end when it counts most. If that would have been a clean block and we lost, I probably wouldn't complain about the refs, because most of it balanced out. Missing/Ignoring a call like that at the end though is bullcrap. Last year we got hosed on a call at the end, this year we get hosed on a nocall at the end. UCLA wins the Pac10 and gets the 1 seed because Stanford got hosed on a call at the end, and an Illegal shot by UCLA was allowed against Cal. It is clearly evident that UCLA will get calls that favor them at the end of the game, apparently a ball is never out of bounds off UCLA in the second half, refs completely ignor obvious fouls on UCLA and will make up fouls on other teams, and the refs will allow illegal shots by UCLA.
oldyella
AG
I never understood why the pirate went off at tu until today.
Nabours
can we file a grievance with the NCAA?...it was a recruiting violation what done to us on the last play...furthermore, the last dunk did not count!
ClickClack
AG
IDaggie06
AG
By some of these peoples responses, they are implying that you should shoot a half court shot on your last possession because no fouls should be called on the defense no matter how hard they hit you.
rpr52121
AG
From the Dallas Article:
"That was the same thing we do all year," Shipp said. "Lock down, switch everything, and fortunately, I was able to get my hand on it and
make the play."

talking about the last play...
Southlake
Holy FAK!

UCLA lucks out yet again.

At least they didnt shoot this one behind the backboard.

[This message has been edited by Southlake (edited 3/23/2008 1:36a).]
BportTXAG
AG
WOW. JUST ****ING WOW.
Bajan
AG
horrible call
IDaggie06
AG
quote:
get my hand on it

He should have just taken the no call and went to the locker room. That disgusts me. I knows he fouled and then he had the urge to brag about a great play he made.

Yea, you got your hand on it...On his ARMS!
ShastaMcAggie02
By the way, we lost by 4 points because this dunk happened before the clock hit zero and the red lights lit up around the backboard.

Conspiracy theories are crazy aren't they?
XpressAg09
AG
can you go to the line for 4 shots because of 2 fouls?
TAZ99
AG
I guess they were thinking..that the wrist (and the elbow I suppose) are part of the hand, which is part of the ball.
IDaggie06
AG
quote:
can you go to the line for 4 shots because of 2 fouls?

Well if it a flagrant then yes.
bqce
AG
Can you not see the ball in the guy's hand with the lights on? He was saying we only lost by 2. Unfortunately, "lost" is the key word here.

Don't worry Ags, when the world turns, those on the bottom will be on top.

Yes, I am the eternal optimist.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
jackasses
Red Velvet
Just getting back from watching the game at a bar but wow, I honestly couldn't see the non-call with that clarity from my vantage point. Damn. But it is what it is and those guys played their hearts out. OUTSTANDING effort from the Aggies. I'm immensly proud of them for what they have had to overcome the past few weeks. I'm sad to see this season end like that. God speed to the seniors and I hope the team gets to return the favor to UCLA next year.
kalltamu
AG
The only word for that is wow
classof08
AG
I had to work tonight but I just finished watching the game on my dvr. Now I am just as pissed as the rest of you.

bull. ****.
admiral the anav
think he would have made the free throws?
TAZ99
AG
I'm just as pissed about the moving screen by Love that gave Collison the go ahead layup.
agent-maroon
AG
admiral - who cares what anybody "thinks"? A chance to tie for OT is better than an out and out loss, right?

I would've thought a military man could appreciate EARNING a fighting chance...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
IDaggie06
AG
I think I would be able to handle it much better had Sloan missed a free throw or UCLA beat us in OT. But getting robbed and cheated is never fun.
CStewTAMU
AG
Torbush wow
GCRanger
AG
That call was bull crap, however we didn't score for almost 8 minutes coming up to that so you can't blame the game on one call. That being said, the good guys played their asses off tonight and I'm proud as hell that they gave those hippie California jack holes a scare.

anyone know when the team gets back to Reed?
agent-maroon
AG
GCRanger - check the top thread. Meet the team at Reed at 3:00PM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
classof08
AG
sticky at the top

lot 100e of Reed at 3pm tomorrow
IDaggie06
AG
http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-sp-uclahoops9mar09,1,1405462.story
***START***
Donald Sloan's driving runner in the lane was blocked, that much was clear right away. Who blocked it was the topic of some debate after the game. Most observers sitting court-side credited Josh Shipp. But statisticians at first credited Kevin Love -- perhaps by habit.
Love already had seven blocks, and for a while officially had eight.

Which came as a surprise to Shipp.

"I GOT IT," he confirmed in the locker room.
***END***
chenag09
AG
UCLA + refs are gonna win the tourney. Hope you marked your brackets accordingly.
PatAg
AG
ttt
txaggie05

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.