Clear Picture of the No-Call at the end

82,585 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by Lance Uppercut
SouthwesternAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Refs should be ashamed/suspended. Such a good game but to end with a BLATANT no call.... just ruins it all.
houstontexan
seriously, its just unbelievable that no whistle came out on that play.

just wish the refs would have told us beforehand that there was no way they were going to give us anything....ever.
Class of 75
ttt

I wondered why Love was getting sooooo many blocks towards the end of the game. I see now that the refs must have had some money on the game.

hsuaggie2007
That is worthless!
AGinHI
AG
quote:
Collison's turn: a floater in the lane to regain the lead. Twelve seconds.

Sloan tried to return the favor — by then, you knew he would — pulling up in the lane.

"A strong move to the basket," said Ben Howland, the UCLA coach. "And we got a clean block."

The block was credited to Collison, though Josh Shipp was there, too.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7945054
YellAgs
AG
i wish the ncaa had the sack to suspend/can those refs, but they're big pansy-assed camel toes. probably won't even review the call. f***ers
TMF
AG
$Bill and B12 commish need to get on the phone. Not sure what they can do, but they need to yell at someone. Even if they blind ass refs never coach again in a meaningful conference or game.
GigemNick
AG
How do you miss that call?
86 Tex Ag
AG
ttt
aggiefilmster06
back to @#$% &!@( !%@#!*$^@!!!!!!!!!!!!
tske87
****in *******s
88agswin
AG
go post those pictures on the UCLA board and tell 'em merry christmas cause we got hosed on that one!
Ragoo
AG
The refs were calling everything physical on both ends, DJ "hooking" to get post position etc. The thing that really gets me is hy don't you make that call? You've made it all game long, if you don't make it now you lose integrity as a ref and the sport loses its integrity.

Aggie Code of Honor was broken and used against us. I feel so cheated.

*** EDIT- What also gets me is the HUGE articel ESPN has had on their homepage and men's bball page about refs impacting the games with their calls, seems like the NCAA would have talked to their refs about being 100% unbiased.

[This message has been edited by tymanAg08 (edited 3/23/2008 8:33a).]
KC Aggie
AG
I thought there was contact on the play; however, until I saw those photos I didn't realized he got mugged! That's a disappointing way to lose the game. Not surprised there wasn't a call. UCLA's been the beneficiary of several suspicious no calls this year. In the final analysis though, when you're up by 10 in the 2nd half against the favorite, you've got to close it out.

"He was like a god walking amongst mere mortals. He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo."
Orangutan
AG
3 controversial wins in the past few weeks for ucla. and the funny thing is all 3 of those games should have been ucla losses.
Picadillo
No way they beat us w/o the help of the refs.
Brock Landers
AG
I haven't been watching anything about the game today. Is ESPN or anyone acknowledging the last no-call?
Uncle Muscles
uneedastraw
Brock,

Nope. Not a mention of it on the national level. And so far not a mention of it on the state level as far as print. CBS Dallas last night said that it was a bad no call....and then there is the chronicle log, but that's it.

ON TOP OF THAT, every article I read mention the last play as a great play by UCLA, and even have quotes from the UCLA players how it was a great defensive play.

Disgusting!
Ag05TigerWong
O WOW! Now I am pissed! It looked a lot cleaner on TV.

-11/23/07- The day Texas A&M Football awakes.
-texags newbie-
JiveHonky
It's a travesty, but the Ags should've done more on offense the last 10 minutes of the game to pressure UCLA. There was a lot of standing around going on when they should've continued attacking the basket the way they did the first 30 minutes of the game.
Oh Four Five
AG
This needs to be fixed. Officiating across the board seems to have hit an all-time low in terms of favoritism.
AB2
AG
This image now added to the first post...

Post removed:
by user
uneedastraw
Jive Honky, you are wrong about the last 10 minutes. I usually am throwing things when we go through our droughts....because they are due to us not getting the ball down low and jacking up threes....

But this drought was due to UCLA blocking 10+ shots in the span where the drought was. There were at least 4 fouls not called. A&M kept doing what they did in the first 30 minutes of the game, the only difference is UCLA stepped up the aggressiveness, and the refs allowed a much more rough game inside.

But, you can't blame this loss on the drought. UCLA's Love made a ridiculous shot followed by Collison's ridiculous shot.....followed by a blatant foul on A&M that wasn't called.
Pro Ag
AG
Wow. I thought it looked bad from behind Sloan, but these pictures are horrible.
AMReasons
AG
ttt
Bajan
AG
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I CANT STAND IT

DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT
Roger Kint
AG
That is horse crap.

-Havoc '05
OasisMan
AG
quote:
Currently, your vote is the 2 vote in support of this message.

somebody email this thread to bill byrne

fencejumper
UCLA has had the worst refs in so many of their games it is unbelievable.
rcb05
AG
torbush.
phatbc
email Gottlieb and others at ESPN.

email ESPN shows. radio hosts. whatever.

email Byrne.

GET THE WORD OUT and SHOW THEM THE PICTURES
ArkAggie2011
Perspective
Show them the pictures, and the result will be "yeah, it was a bad a call"... then what? We had a 10 point lead and put ourselves in a spot where that a bad call cost us an opportunity to tie the game. A&M lost this down the stretch. Look inward for answers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.