Clear Picture of the No-Call at the end

82,629 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by Lance Uppercut
I,love,commas,12,7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
who cares?

you lost.

let's move on to women's basketball
Old_Ag_91
AG
And you cheated. Nice win with an ASSterisk.
XL2Win
quote:
The no-call of the INT in the endzone against the sips in 1963 was bigger.

Absolutely true.

It wasn't a no-call. It was a call ... ruled out-of-bounds. Jim Willenborg and the Ags were robbed ... tu wins the national championship, undeservedly so.

Now, the legend continues. Imagine if UCLA wins the championship ... (they won't)

polarva
AG
I'd like to now see photos now of the seven "blocks" that Love had. It would be interesting to see how many were actually hand on ball blocks.
Enviroag02
AG
I believe refs tend to swallow wistles at the end of games because they dont want to be criticized for impacting the outcome. BUT, when a foul is that obvious they have to know that their call can be backed up by slow motion visual evidence; therefore, why should they fear to make that call. What this has done to basketball is create relative impunity for defenders to commit a foul on the last play of the game. I gotta admit, if I'm an opposing player and I know for a fact that officials tend to swallow wistles, and even if a foul is called, the player still has to make the free throws....I hack the crap out of him. This is a systematic nationwide problem. Referees are there to do their job and if they cant do their job without fear of being criticized for changing the outcome of a game, then the NCAA obviously has to step in to do something. In my job, if I fear for my job when making tough decisions and that fear impacts the decisions I make, I am no longer a useful employee. Something has to be done, not just about this particular instance, but about the epidemic that is occurring in college basketball.

An idea: In order to get this "ref swallowing their wistle" on the last play issue resolved, what if the defending team knew that if they did foul and it was called that it would be called intentional/flagrant and the offensive player would shoot a technical. I realize this would put even more pressure on the refs, but you could also consider using slow motion instant replay on the final play only. When the ending of a game has so much impact on the outcome, why wouldnt the NCAA make every effort to get it right?

[This message has been edited by Enviroag02 (edited 3/24/2008 11:31a).]
progress
AG
donald sloan had a momentary acie law-living-in-the-shadow complex. and ignored the play that was call.

that was dumb.
ITSGST
quote:
I'd like to now see photos now of the seven "blocks" that Love had. It would be interesting to see how many were actually hand on ball blocks.

any tech bang wizards want to put this together? it would be interesting to see some of those 11 blocks.

ucla averages 4.1 blks a game.
Horn Saw
AG
Sloans got to go to the hoop hard. You can't be denied when it's for the sweet 16.
jrparks
Yeah right, that picture was photo shopped.
'03ag
quote:
someone take the time please
IM4AGGIES
AG
Great pic. Bad refs.
jrparks
But seriously, I watched the game, I saw the foul, and it still makes me sick to my stomach.
reineraggie09
AG
MOTIVATION!
blalockAg
man, i just wish he could have at least attempted the shot. Getting fouled doesnt bother me, but getting absolutely tossed to the ground so he's completely unable to attempt a f...ing shot? thats unbelievable. If im the opposing team and there's a possiblility they wont call that, I'd do the exact same thing every time. Lets make it a rugby scrum, not a basketball game. I dont want ticky tack crap called at the end of the game, but this WWE throwdown stuff has to be a foul. AND honestly, the outcome of the game isnt just this foul, its a hundred other tihngs as well, but to not call this is is borderline criminally robbing A&M of any chance to win the game in the last 10 seconds, thats something that should at least be given a chance to do, even if we blow a lead...
blalockAg
dp

[This message has been edited by blalockAg (edited 3/24/2008 1:00p).]
BayAreaAg02
AG
wrong post

[This message has been edited by BayAreaAg02 (edited 3/24/2008 1:07p).]
Keegan99
AG
The wrist isn't the hand. The elbow is also not the hand.
whoop1012
It's been a couple of days now and I seeing this still makes me MAD!!!
Guinea
94Aggie95
AG
UNBELIEVABLE!
agent-maroon
AG
STILL PISSED OFF HERE!!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mazag08
AG
yup..
ham98
Still very displeased. VERY
Pound the Rock
AG
Straight bummer..This should not just be looked over
REK!REDK
It was a poorly refereed game the entire way, on both ends.

http://telemachus.smugmug.com/gallery/4562406_mM8PZ#269210224_ZYsdz-A-LB

Too bad we got burned last by a runaway torch that was on for 2 hours.

Let's all just get on with life.

And for those who just can't control their OCD, well they'll probably be down in San Antonio next week riding on the backs of other refs to the final four. Maybe y'all can throw some cattle dongs at 'em. Yeeeehaw!!!

Dickie K
Someone should email these pics to the refs who called the game. There were a hell of lot more violations against UCLA. Fouls, Technicals, and bad side line calls.
Anyone know who the the refs are?

Dickie K
AB2
AG
Keep this on the front page until we're over it.

In other words, sticky.
IDaggie06
AG
quote:

In other words, sticky.

Naw, don't sticky it. Its not going anywhere for a while as it is.
Philip J Fry
AG
AB2, did you take those pics? If so, are you getting royalties?
localag242
Okay I am getting in here late but it was a foul. Have the missed free throws been addressed? The real issue was this was a problem all season for us. Making them might not have lead to UCLA getting away with this.
IDaggie06
AG
If he took those pics then he is either:
a) Superman
b) A magician to be able to take 2 pictures from 2 different ends of the court at the same time with professional cameras.
AB2
AG
I didn't take the photos, merely compiled them in one place so the *****ing would be organized.

I just wish some of the TV personalities would e-mail me and confirm that they read the thread.
idahoAg
>Someone should email these pics to the refs
>who called the game. ....Anyone know who the
>the refs are?

Refs' names are listed with the box scores on Yahoo sports:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/boxscore?gid=200803220606

Philip J Fry
AG
IDaggie06,

I was refering to the Aggie Websider photo.

IDaggie06
AG
AB2,

I think you need to caption the "Foul" picture of the Stanford game so people know what it is. Yes, people who follow college bball hardcore will recognize, but most people won't.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.