Clear Picture of the No-Call at the end

82,643 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by Lance Uppercut
S.S.Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
that's F'd up
ham98
Bowlinag
blynch2005
AG
That's f&*cking bull@#$%
aggie028
Really sucks - unfortunately these are not the only pictures that should be posted or it would not hurt quite as bad since we had missed a few open shots
bigfoot10s
AG
Does it suck that this was not called? Yes. Could the game have been won way before this point in the game? Yes.

That being said, if we gripe to the ncaa and cbs and whoever else, would anything be done right now? No. We lost the game, we will not be given a W from last night. The ncaa will not see the pictures and give Howland a call, and say "You know what, we messed up, Texas A&M is going to the sweet 16 instead. Sorry."

Nothing will change, you win some, you lose some, sometimes the calls go your way, sometimes they are missed.

Move on. Its a freaking game, and there is always next season, and chances are, we will be even better.
CDub06
AG
Terrible call, but we had chances to put it away and didn't. And it all goes back to FTs. We missed some along the way to put us in that position and who's to saythat we would even have made those 2 FTs...
FWAGGIE77
AG
Cdub, so that makes it okay for Sloan to get raped at the end of the game?
redline248
AG
i would suspect you could find just as many pictures of "clean blocks" during the closing 10 minutes of that game that weren't called fouls.
jefe95
AG
Yeah, I was curious how many of Love's 7 blocks were just as clean???

BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
we got screwed!
Mr. Random
heartbroken
'03ag
the life of an aggie. will it ever change?
AggieTFA06
AG
It makes me upset to know that we lost not because ucla was the better team, it was because the refs were not doing their job. I wish there was something we can do to hold the refs responsible. I hope action is taken although I doubt it. This truly is an injustice and I'm fed up with us getting messed over like this.
Aggie
AG
is that an absolute BS call....yes no doubt about it
should a whistle have been blown and Sloan given the opportunity to tie the game with 2 free throws...yes no doubt about it

I understand in the last 10 seconds you dont gety alot of calls..but when you get absolutly raped by 2 defenders that must be called

having said that...the game is over and nothing can be done about it

no use crying about it now...sometimes the call's go your way and sometimes they dont..in this case..they obviuosly did not go our way

bottom line..the game should not of come down to that play

unfortunatly...a ref blowing a call is part of the game

IDaggie06
AG
quote:
unfortunatly...a ref blowing a call is part of the game

True, but that was a clear foul from every angle. All THREE refS blew it. What a coincidence.
DR95
I thought that when you play UCLA this year they pass out the vaseline before hand - did you not all get yours?
TefIon Don
AG
Inconsistency by refs in late-game calls is really starting to piss me off!!! Last year they called a foul under 5 seconds against for memphis to win, this year they DON'T call the foul under 5 seconds and the other team wins as well. Do NCAA refs hate us or something??
czar_iv
AG
WOW, THAT IS F' UP!
greenpianoman1
I am a BYU fan, and was obviously upset when we went down to you guys in the first round, but I can honestly say you got screwed in this game and I saw it first hand. I sat on the second row center court and the aggies got SCREWED in the final few minutes of that game. NO calls in the final minutes. Every time A&M drove to the hoop they would get homered by Love and about every other Bruin in the paint - No call. On the other hand, any time Love touched the ball on offense the whistle was simultanius. Home court game for UCLA (and Stanford) and home cookin from the refs. What a joke. Never thought I'd say this being a BYU fan, but I'm pissed about that game.
chico
alumniag08
wow that's more lame than I thought.. It sucks so bad to go out like that!
Aggiepax
sevenyearhawk
I'm devising a plan to make oversized postcards of one of these pics and mailing it to EVERY major newspaper's sports department in the country ...

Maybe ESPN, FOX Sports and CSTV for good measure!

Aggies, the Jayhawks are going to battle for you!!!!
Fatts99
Raggy09
AG
im still pissed.

Jetpilot86
AG
Torbush

If it doesn't make you strong, it will kill you. - [mangled Nietzsche quote]
Scissors
AG
Pac 10 refs can suck my left nut
Naked Hiker
AG
that's how sports go. sometimes you have to beat the refs too...

92Ag95
AG
quote:
I am a BYU fan, and was obviously upset when we went down to you guys in the first round, but I can honestly say you got screwed in this game and I saw it first hand. I sat on the second row center court and the aggies got SCREWED in the final few minutes of that game. NO calls in the final minutes. Every time A&M drove to the hoop they would get homered by Love and about every other Bruin in the paint - No call. On the other hand, any time Love touched the ball on offense the whistle was simultanius. Home court game for UCLA (and Stanford) and home cookin from the refs. What a joke. Never thought I'd say this being a BYU fan, but I'm pissed about that game.

No Maroon Bias there...coming from someone who rightfully should have been glad to see us get knocked out. This tells me that I wasn't imagining things as I watched the final few minutes of this game. Someone who was there live saw it the way I saw it. Biggest Hose Job I ever saw. Unbelievable!
'03ag
still pissed
Jim01
AG
Still pissed at that no call, but am also pissed at the way we changed our offense when we were up 10. Spreading it out and running down the clock, and passing into the post then clearing out that side forcing our post players to make cross court passes, THAT is what didn't help us win. We should have kept attacking just like we were.
navyag86
"On the other hand, any time Love touched the ball on offense the whistle was simultanius."

The "no-calls" were a problem but this is cr*p. In the game the fouls called were 15-16 with the Ags committing the 15 fouls.

In the second half ucla attempted 6 free throws and made 3, the Ags attempted 5 and made 2.

There were no apparent kid gloves used on Love and the only player in the game with 4 fouls was a ucla big.
Brickhouse
Old_Ag_91
AG
quote:
"And we got a clean block."

Nothing clean about that coach. Nothing clean about it. Dirty play, dirty result.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.