Let's talk golf fashion

29,711 Views | 258 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by khaos288
Hoyt Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I got a really nice Linksoul shirt (gray with thin subtle horizontal stripes), an all black Puma shirt, and a Cobra headcover.

The Linksoul is exactly what I like. Looks great on and off the course and feels great. The Puma shirt I'l probably throw away.

My last discounted box so I'm probably done.
I got the headcover too. Not sure what I will do with that.
t - cam
AG
So looking at shortpar4's website nothing would indicate you are signing up for anything other than clothes. You guys getting head covers are getting screwed. They must really be out of clothes.
Thisguy1
We all still got two shirts. They just threw in a head cover with it.
khaos288
AG
quote:
So looking at shortpar4's website nothing would indicate you are signing up for anything other than clothes. You guys getting head covers are getting screwed. They must really be out of clothes.
I got two polos and a headcover. That was a pretty standard box this time around. Most people are not buying these boxes full price. Anyone who gets two polos for 25$ shouldn't be unhappy if they fit.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
quote:
I got two polos and a headcover. That was a pretty standard box this time around. Most people are not buying these boxes full price. Anyone who gets two polos for 25$ shouldn't be unhappy if they fit.

This.

Even thought I hate the black PUma shirt and clubcover, I still look at it like I got a $60 LinkSoul polo for $25.

I'm going to try and talk them into a free exchange seeing they've sent me three all black shirts in a row. If not I'm still coming out ahead.
khaos288
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

This.

Even thought I hate the black PUma shirt and clubcover, I still look at it like I got a $60 LinkSoul polo for $25.

I'm going to try and talk them into a free exchange seeing they've sent me three all black shirts in a row. If not I'm still coming out ahead.
Yeah. Not a bad deal at all. a 25$ polo is not a bad deal if you like it, and so far there customer service has been very good to me. I imagine they'll get you a new second polo.

All this said, I'm still cancelling when my discounts run out.
t - cam
AG
I guess as long as the head cover isn't costing you anything else it's not big deal. Though they were using it as one of your items.
07fta07
AG
Opened my box today...black puma polo, some very colorful Linksoul shirt, and a cobra cube headcover. Don't need the headcover, but the shirts were nice. Definitely worth the $25.
malenurse
AG
Received my first ever box. One black Slazenger Polo (surprise), two pair of socks and a head cover. I am not pleased.
tclub
Finally opened my box. One very nice adidas polo, one nice linksoul shirt and a really ugly hat that I'll sell In our neighborhood garage sale coming up
khaos288
AG
quote:
Finally opened my box. One very nice adidas polo, one nice linksoul shirt and a really ugly hat that I'll sell In our neighborhood garage sale coming up
pics of hat?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Two pairs of socks and a head cover??
khaos288
AG
quote:
Two pairs of socks and a head cover??

Someone's never bought golf socks before
cablinaggie
AG
No love for Penguin? Went to Nordstrom Rack for the first time today to look for Travis Mathew shirts and tried on some of the Heritage Slim Fit Penguins. Other than the fact that I think my dad used to wear the brand back in the day, I liked the fit, color selection and price ($21-$29).
Post removed:
by user
DannyDuberstein
AG
What was the reason you are unable to cancel? If you get one of the heavily discounted boxes, you're locked in for a certain period of time?
powerbelly
AG
quote:
What was the reason you are unable to cancel? If you get one of the heavily discounted boxes, you're locked in for a certain period of time?
I was able to cancel after one discounted box. I think you have to cancel before a certain date or you are locked into the next months box.
Thisguy1
No, after the first of the month you are stuck with that month's box even though they don't ship until the 15th. Same thing happened to me last month.

There's also been quite a few people that have had trouble getting their sub canceled because their customer service is really spotty.
Post removed:
by user
DannyDuberstein
AG
I was reading their FAQ's and the cancellation policy allows people to leave comments. Here was a highlight:

quote:
They make an albatross on a short par 4 for customer service.
Opened my first (and last) box yesterday only to find 2
off brand polos that look like vomit and were made in Vietnam! I am a veteran
of the Vietnam War. Fired up the gas fireplace and napalmed these crud balls.
Bets on me getting a refund? Don't take it, you will lose and they will tomorrow.
I highly recommend this company to ISIS members with a debit card!
07fta07
AG
They sent me an email this morning saying "sorry to see you go" with options for renewals. And 5 minutes later sent one for confirmation of my next box.
Post removed:
by user
DannyDuberstein
AG
This is where the separate "online subscription and other shady online purchases" credit card that you can easily cancel comes in handy.
07fta07
AG
What ****ing website let's you sign up online but not cancel online? Why do I have to call to cancel?
Post removed:
by user
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think it is a fairly common online tactic to try to hook you with an enticing early deal but then make it a PITA to cancel, including making people wait a ****load of time for customer service to answer the phone.
jonj101
So glad I didn't sign up with Short Par Four when I first learned about it. I'm not big on surprises. But to each his own.

I was able to get in contact with the shirt guy, and he put me up on how to get shirts. Got 8 shirts for around the same price of 1 month of SPF.
Aggie1391
Gonna share your secret?
khaos288
AG
quote:
Gonna share your secret?
Usually these guys "don't think they can get the same deal" or "don't want to spread his contacts info" etc etc
jonj101
Yea, that's not the case at all. I just figured most people here wouldn't even want to be bothered with doing it.

There's a number of thrift stores around the Houston, most of which are located in lower income areas (I grew up not far from the ones I visited in June). The selection is random, and you can't guarantee that there will be anything worthwhile to buy. But occasionally there are some brand new or like new golf shirts in them (probably because few people who actually hit thrift stores are looking for a Millar, Callaway, Under Armour, or whatever golf shirt).

Its almost like the Ross thread from a while ago, but with worse odds. One store may have old dingy shirts that you wouldn't use to wash your car. The other store might have 4 or 5 with the tags still on them or look like they came straight out of some country club's shop inventory. I guess I'm just the type that doesn't mind popping in if I'm in the area if it means I may get a $50 dollar shirt for $5-10.
khaos288
AG
quote:
Yea, that's not the case at all. I just figured most people here wouldn't even want to be bothered with doing it.

There's a number of thrift stores around the Houston, most of which are located in lower income areas (I grew up not far from the ones I visited in June). The selection is random, and you can't guarantee that there will be anything worthwhile to buy. But occasionally there are some brand new or like new golf shirts in them (probably because few people who actually hit thrift stores are looking for a Millar, Callaway, Under Armour, or whatever golf shirt).

Its almost like the Ross thread from a while ago, but with worse odds. One store may have old dingy shirts that you wouldn't use to wash your car. The other store might have 4 or 5 with the tags still on them or look like they came straight out of some country club's shop inventory. I guess I'm just the type that doesn't mind popping in if I'm in the area if it means I may get a $50 dollar shirt for $5-10.

Yeah I have had some luck at thrift shops buy for the price/selection Ross has always been a better bet for name brand golf polos. Waiting for black Friday or year end clearance at most big retailers works even better
t - cam
AG
Man, I'm usually pretty out on wearing used clothes.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
Man, I'm 100% out on wearing used clothes.
FIFY
khaos288
AG
quote:
quote:
Man, I'm 100% out on wearing used clothes.
FIFY

Occasionally you can find brand new stuff. I only check for clubs. Used clothes is a no no.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I have given unworn stuff with tags on it to thrift stores.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.