Let's talk golf fashion

29,726 Views | 258 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by khaos288
jonj101
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haters gonna hate
Ag_07
AG
Here is what I got yesterday from the classic box. This is my first month on the classic as I usually get the athletic but changed it up to see what it's like.

Ogio shirt - Didn't even know they made shirts by this isnt bad.
Sligo shorts - Nothing fancy but they're a bit long so they'll need to be hemmed.

ChoppinDs40
AG
Can you're turn items?

What if the sizing is wrong?
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
Can you're turn items?

What if the sizing is wrong?

Can only return if the size doesn't fit. Not if you don't like it. They'll send you the same shirt in a different size. I pray I don't get any shirts with pockets, I don't care for that style
Thisguy1
First time I've ever heard someone say a pair of golf shorts are long.
Ag_07
AG
Really? Most golf shorts nowadays are way too long. I have a hard time finding them anywhere that aren't past the knee.

I'm a fan of the old school above the knee 7-9" inseam Polo shorts.
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
Really? Most golf shorts nowadays are way too long. I have a hard time finding them anywhere that aren't past the knee.

I'm a fan of the old school above the knee 7-9" inseam Polo shorts.

Be honest.... Is this you?

JYDog90
AG
This is my big fear. If I want classic stuff, I don't expect a freaking knit button down golf shirt in my classic box.
BigHitterDaLama
Cant wait for one of you guys to get this:

t - cam
AG
I hate shorts that touch the knee. Should cut off just above the knee.
bagger05
AG
Not really golf fashion related, but there's a company doing a kickstarter that is offering some specials on made-to-measure chinos. Very similar to the made-to-measure shirt places like iTailor and Proper Cloth. You send them all your measurements and they make a custom pair of pants for you.

LINK TO KICKSTARTER

I have pretty big thighs so it's always tough for me to find pants that fit me well in my waist and through the leg. Higher support levels offer better discounts. If you just get one it costs $88, but if you get 10 it costs $68/ea. If anyone is interested in getting in on this let me know.

The company is called Woodies and they've been doing MTM shirts for a while and seem to be pretty reputable.
Ag_07
AG
Backed them last week
bagger05
AG
Have you ever bought any of their other stuff?
Post removed:
by user
07fta07
AG
quote:
so has anyone received their first box from short par 4? Still waiting on my first one, not to mention the second one im supposed to get half off with the referral.

I think you'll see the first one soon. I'm also waiting. I think they ship on the 15th of the month.
Mr.Bond
AG
Mine shipped today
Ag_07
AG
The meltdown is going to be epic when y'all all get the same thing and it's hideous.
Thisguy1
My email says it will be here the 21st. Brother's said the same.

We were thinking we may be able to predict what's in there by the weight, but everyone I've talked to says their order is 2.00 pounds. Think that's just the generic rounded answer?
Mr.Bond
AG
Mine says it'll be here the 22nd. 7 day shipping from Florida??? Bs
Post removed:
by user
CTGilley
AG
My email came May 31st. It stated ready to ship but did not ship until June 15th.
07fta07
AG
Mine shows delivery 5/21 in Houston.
Ag_07
AG
And they get there pretty quick. That's one thing I like about it. It always seems to always arrive in about 2 days.

And sometimes I don't get a notification email and just have to email them and they'll send me the shipping info.
Thisguy1
We got our boxes yesterday. Mine came with a Bobby Jones shirt, Linksoul shirt, and TaylorMade hat. Brother's came with an Oakley shirt, Linksoul shirt, and TaylorMade hat.

My only problem is I wouldn't consider any shirt we got to be the athletic style other than the Oakley shirt. The others are more traditional, and they are all bigger than the size we need. I emailed them asking about it and they said athletic has nothing to do with fit, it's the patterns on the shirts. To exchange anything is $10 a shirt. So now I'm stuck with two shirts that don't fit, unless I exchange them which I'll do.

I don't really want to change sizes because if I actually do get an athletic shirt, then it will be too small.

This is the big issue I have with it. I don't mind getting a shirt you may not like every now and then. Part of the risk. But I think as long as you want to exchange for the exact same shirt, just a different size, then it shouldn't be $10. Golf shirts run different sizes depending on the brand. Every Under Armor, Nike, Adidas, Oakley shirt I own is the same size. The few Greg Norman's I own are a size smaller and still fit bigger than the athletic brands.
Papa_Blaze
AG
Received my box today with the same stuff Thisguy received, minus the Bobby Jones shirt. The fit is what I was hoping for, just a tad too big. The box only cost me $25 this time but not sure if I will continue after the next box ( which should be $25 again thanks to y'all). Maybe we should start a Texags Short Par 4 swap thread. Trade for the stuff we received but didn't like

98Ag99Grad
AG
Got mine yesterday too. I went with the classic look and got a Linksoul shirt, Ogio shirt and TM hat which I'll never wear. Shirts look good.
Post removed:
by user
CTGilley
AG
Blue Adidas shorts and polo. I would be happy with the box even at full price. I was hoping for shorts so I am happy.
Papa_Blaze
AG
What style did you choose, Athletic?
CTGilley
AG
Yes
Ag_07
AG
quote:
what a crappy box. i got two of the exact same shirt in different colors. A balck and a white chase 54 polo, and they are two different sizes. Oh and they threw in a short par 4 poker chip ball marker. not happy AT ALL with it.

That is pretty crappy. I might even get with customer service on this one seeing as it's the same shirt.

But also remember at $10 it may still be worth it to return something that's the wrong size. If it's a $75 shirt and you pay $25 for the box and another $10 for a return your still getting it pretty cheap.
Post removed:
by user
powerbelly
AG
I got some ****ty puma golf shoes, a taylormade hat, and a taylormade divot repair tool. Puma shoes don't exactly scream traditional to me.

I am on the phone canceling right now.
Post removed:
by user
powerbelly
AG

These are literally the worst shoes I have ever tried on. I would be shocked if they lasted more than 9 holes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.