Let's talk golf fashion

29,709 Views | 258 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by khaos288
Post removed:
by user
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went with the loud and crazy style...... Anxiously awaiting what's coming. Sounds like a total crapshoot. I definitely don't want shoes, would prefer no hats either. I just want clothing
07fta07
AG
I went athletic. Interested to see what I got when I get home.
Thisguy1
This is the email I got regarding what constitutes as athletic:

"The Athletic persona and other personas are not classified necessarily by the way the items fit as much as the overall style or look of the clothing. Traditional = your basic solid, traditional colors. Athletic = solid to modern color bottoms with usually some pattern or stripes to tops. Loud and Wild = Loud colors, neons, stripes, & plaids."

They don't seem too eager to help.
07fta07
AG
I got a Bobby Jones shirt, Ashworth shirt, and TaylorMade hat. I ordered athletic, not classic, but these appear to be straight out of Fred Couples closet. For $25 it's not bad, but I'd be a little disappointed in what I got for full price. At least it all fits.
I'll give the next box a shot since it's another cheap one and then probably cancel.
Ag_07
AG
Mine this time was alright.

Solid black Chase 54 shirt. Really nice but not into black on the course. Will make a nice pool for work.

Blue Chase 54 shorts. Not bad either but need hemming. I'm used to hemming every pair of shorts I buy so no biggie.

I do think I'll switch back to athletic. The two traditional boxes I've gotten aren't too hot.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Anyone tried my golf locker? Seems to be a little more customizable, albeit more expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for. You can also send stuff back and choose different intervals for receiving clothes instead of every month.
Mr.Bond
AG
I looked into it and saw the price tag. Immediately closed the browser
Mr.Bond
AG
Mine came in today. I picked the loud and crazy option. I got some baby blue sligo shorts. Look ok. I got a very classic looking Bobby Jones navy Polo with red pin stripes. Ugly black taylormade hat. Poker chip. I have 2 more boxes to go because of discounts. If it doesn't get better (or more accurate) I'll be dropping it
Hoyt Ag
AG
2 nice shirts and a really crappy TaylorMade hat. Love the shirts but the hat was pitiful at best.
Mr.Bond
AG
I just got off the phone with him explaining that the style did not meet what I requested. I am having to send them a picture via email to let them determine whether or not the item fits into the category I chose. which is bull crap if they don't overturn it but we'll see what happens and I'll keep you posted
Thisguy1
They seemed less than willing to help at all through email.

I was curious how they were going to find so many athletic/crazy style shirts. Most of those get snatched up quickly at retailers. Everyone I've talked to has pretty much said the shirts they got are the classic look with a few exceptions.

From what I've gathered, if it has stripes, they consider it to be athletic. If the stripes are bright, or they only have stripes on certain parts of the shirt, it's the crazy.
07fta07
AG
They describe it very clearly on the website, then just send whatever they want. Dustin or Zach Johnson would never wear what they sent me.
Quinn
AG
I'm shocked that y'all all got a bunch of crap from one of these discount box deals. Can't believe most of the shirts are hot garbage.
Post removed:
by user
tclub
quote:
2 nice shirts and a really crappy TaylorMade hat. Love the shirts but the hat was pitiful at best.

I also got 2 nice shirts and a hat. I'm in for another month as long as I get a discount.
Ag_07
AG
Seems to me like maybe they're running out of inventory.

My past couple have been pretty meh, but when I first signed on about 6 months ago I was getting so really good stuff.

That along with the idea of them trying to pass items off as different styles gives me the sense maybe they're running low.
t - cam
AG
Just go to Steinmart. They actually have pretty good collection of discounted stuff.
ORAggieFan
For someone who did not do the box, this thread is providing be great entertainment.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Agree.

I was curious to see how this would play out. My usual golf clothing strategy has been to hit the Allen outlet center a few times per year (adidas, ua, nike) to replenish my golf closet at great prices. Can't say I've been convinced to deviate. And Ag07's theory seems plausible regarding them running low on inventory.
Thisguy1
They're letting me exchange my shirts in for free.
tclub
I'm giving it another month at the discounted rate then cancel.
Pignorant
AG
I canceled mine yesterday. Tried it out for the $25 discount.

Received a linksol shirt and a pair of Puma golf shoes. Meh.
CTGilley
AG
I feel like I am the only one happy with my box. I am going to get mine next month at the discounted rate and stop my order until Fall. I just don't need many more shorts or shirts. I have been looking for pants a while without luck. They just are not in high demand down here.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I liked mine. I'll go another month then probably cancel though.
Mr.Bond
AG
I contacted them about my displeasure of the very traditional Polo I received when I signed up for the loud and wild option. They are letting me return it free of charge and pick out something from the mulligan store
Post removed:
by user
Mr.Bond
AG
I called yes
Thisguy1
quote:
Did you have to call? I've sent two emails and initiated a chart and haven't heard anything

I used the little message bar that pops up on the bottom to initiate everything for me. The initial guy ended up sending me higher up.
Mr.Bond
AG
Got to pick out a new shirt in the mulligan store and am very satisfied. It definitely fits the loud and wild style I was looking for.
Texas_Aggies12
Here is a discount for shortpar4

http://shortpar4.refr.cc/SFXR6LZ
TresPuertas
AG
quote:
Here is a discount for shortpar4

http://shortpar4.refr.cc/SFXR6LZ

Thanks man! With all the positive reviews I've seen on here and the lack of referral codes that weren't posted, I can't wait to sign up!
07fta07
AG
Orders should ship out today. Next week should be fun again
Mr.Bond
AG
My mulligan shirt is arriving today. I'm very pleased with it
Sazerac
AG
quote:
quote:
True, but nowadays you almost can't spend less than $60 or so for a new golf polo by a name brand.

I will only buy off the clearance racks

Good looking shirts but at GS these are $80 srp. Even with 40% off they are $50 shirts. I'm wayyyy to cheap for that for golf Polos

I'll buy the GS house brand - snake eyes - when on the clearance rack for <$20. I've bought a bunch of Fila from Kohls and even Woot/Amazon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.