Whats the worst course you've played in Texas?

20,624 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by datrixstunna
Cope94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Neuva Vista in Midland hands down.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Lake Sweetwater or Connally in Waco.
Boy Named Sue
AG
quote:
quote:
Battle Lake Golf Course outside of Waco. The Birdie Girls aren't bad though.

Battle lake is bad. Really bad.

The birdie girls (in the past four years) weren't good. Unless you liked chubby girls wearing sports bras and white trash chicks.
Solid nomination. Played it once, and never will again.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:
Connally in Waco.
Forgot about that one, played it once when doing work there but that was nearly 15 years ago or so, remember it being a little rough around the edges.
Bobaloo
The "love" for Heron has me intrigued...Someone mentioned Sunset is GP. I played it a few times. The scenic auto salvage yard that runs along a couple fairways adds to the charm of Sunset.
Buck O Five
AG
quote:
Utopia.

But that's part of the deal.
They had to move the cows off hole 1 so we could play. If you're ever in a situation where you need to use a wedge and the ball is in a cow pie...take a drop.
AggieRugger04
AG
quote:
Pleasanton Country Club

Nothing better in Jourdanton or Poteet?

I actually like Riverside in Austin. Good bang for buck, although strange layout.

Speaking of weird courses, there's an odd little place out somewhere close to Comanche that my brother and I played on a dove hunting weekend a few years ago. Anyone been there?
LeFraud
P.A.R. Country Club on lake proctor? Not a terrible layout, and not a bad course (relative) when it's in decent shape...kind of hit or miss.
datrixstunna
AG
Firewheel - Old Course. The fairways were in horrible condition and almost swamp like. Beer cart was no where to be seen even after calling in a couple requests. Greens were in fair condition but there was quite a smell from the treatment plant towards the 17th hole.
Corporal Punishment
AG
quote:
quite a smell from the treatment plant towards the 17th hole.
Always a plus.
datrixstunna
AG
quote:
quote:
quite a smell from the treatment plant towards the 17th hole.
Always a plus.
Weird part is there are newly built houses right next to the damn plant. Found that very odd.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.