Looks like Texags OR board was right again

17,600 Views | 163 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SchizoAg
RVHorn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, the Aggies around here who credit Sherman for the great offensive lines are idiots? I don't think so.

Sherman surely evaluated the recruits and drew top talent to A&M. You think that Sherman didn't have a hand in coaching the OL? Again, you disagree with many Aggies around here.

Your OL has got worse every year since Sherman left. You haven't recruited particularly well at the position. Your OL will likely be "craptastic" despite the efforts of your new coach.

You've got very good receivers. You have OU rejects in the backfield. Your line has been bleeding talent and ability for years. You're in no position to be making fun of anyone else's offense.
RVHorn
quote:
A blast from the past...Locksley's signing day interview. The texags OR board read it and said "We hope you like redshirting and then being asked to move to wr, kid."
quote:
"The plan that the Texas staff had for me going into and after signing day, they really wanted me to get acclimated fast to the system and really have a hot chance of being the guy Day 1," Locksley said.

"The quarterback is a position that they're struggling at right now, and they need a guy to come bring the fire and be a leader and bring that offense back to where it was, so that opportunity and the support and the love that they showed me really helped with the commitment."
Charlie knew this kid would never play qb at Texas. Kid was sold a pack of lies by the Texas staff from Day 1 onward.
quote:
Locksley said he plans to get on the field next year.

"Absolutely. That's part of the coaches' plans for me. They want me to get equipped to the system and the scheme and being a leader and looking to be that guy for this year and this fall at the University of Texas, so I'm basically going down there with my head down, my mouth shut and basically just trying to learn to be a quarterback at that level."
#developerStrong!

So your keen football acumen says we should start everybody we recruit? That's how Sumlin tried to run his QBs last year and you see how that turned out. At Texas you must earn the spot. Kai hasn't done that. That doesn't make Strong a liar.
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
Your OL has got worse every year...You haven't recruited particularly well at the position.
Your OL has been a far worse disaster, lol.
The Collective
AG
The 2016 OL class was good, not great. My overall knock has been on the recruiting talent level, though I will admit that I haven't really followed recruiting like I used to follow it. 2015 was about the last bit of the drama that I could stomach. There are some on Texags who act like Sherman was some kind of OL evaluation god, but our best O linemen were highly rated recruits. Soooo... I am sure he is a great coach, but he was a better recruiter of OL. I will give Sherman the credit for that, because I haven't had time to see if Turner can recruit well on his own. Some of the b.s. that I read from Aggies reminds me of the crap that Horns would murmur about Wickline. For me, at the end of the day, I will need to see the results before trusting any of the new staff members. I choose not to get pulled into the make-believe b.s. that pumpers use in an attempt to prove that things are going to be better.
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
So your keen football acumen says we should start everybody we recruit?
Reading comprehension is not one of lil brother sip's strong suits.
MelvinUdall
quote:
quote:
Your OL has got worse every year...You haven't recruited particularly well at the position.
So that makes it LOL, since your OL, with great recruits, seems to get worse the further they get away from Sherman? Got it, makes perfect sense.
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
quote:
quote:
So that makes it LOL, since your OL, with great recruits, seems to get worse the further they get away from Sherman? Got it, makes perfect sense.
Another sip challenged by reading comprehension.
RVHorn
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Keep telling yourself that it's us and not you.
RVHorn
quote:
The 2016 OL class was good, not great. My overall knock has been on the recruiting talent level, though I will admit that I haven't really followed recruiting like I used to follow it. 2015 was about the last bit of the drama that I could stomach. There are some on Texags who act like Sherman was some kind of OL evaluation god, but our best O linemen were highly rated recruits. Soooo... I am sure he is a great coach, but he was a better recruiter of OL. I will give Sherman the credit for that, because I haven't had time to see if Turner can recruit well on his own. Some of the b.s. that I read from Aggies reminds me of the crap that Horns would murmur about Wickline. For me, at the end of the day, I will need to see the results before trusting any of the new staff members. I choose not to get pulled into the make-believe b.s. that pumpers use in an attempt to prove that things are going to be better.
Good post.

I would say that Wickline improved the line while he was at Texas. His weakness is actually recruiting the guys he evaluates. He's pretty surly. I also think he never warmed up to Texas because of the way he was left on his own for the OSU lawsuit.

Your conclusion starting with "For me," is first rate.
MelvinUdall
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Oh I read it and understood, I am just not sure the disaster your OL has become since Swagcopter has taken over.
Stevetex.
quote:
A blast from the past...Locksley's signing day interview. The texags OR board read it and said "We hope you like redshirting and then being asked to move to wr, kid."
quote:
"The plan that the Texas staff had for me going into and after signing day, they really wanted me to get acclimated fast to the system and really have a hot chance of being the guy Day 1," Locksley said.

"The quarterback is a position that they're struggling at right now, and they need a guy to come bring the fire and be a leader and bring that offense back to where it was, so that opportunity and the support and the love that they showed me really helped with the commitment."
Charlie knew this kid would never play qb at Texas. Kid was sold a pack of lies by the Texas staff from Day 1 onward.
quote:

"Absolutely. That's part of the coaches' plans for me. They want me to get equipped to the system and the scheme and being a leader and looking to be that guy for this year and this fall at the University of Texas, so I'm basically going down there with my head down, my mouth shut and basically just trying to learn to be a quarterback at that level."
#developerStrong!

Back to digging on Chuck when 2 QBs quit on your side?
Who lied to who?
RK
AG
these next 2.5 months are the best of the year. the horns program is getting stronger day by day. everyone is improving. it's going to be pretty thick by late august. can't wait.
Junction1956
How many Texas A&M offensive linemen were drafted by the NFL compared to Texas since Sumlin arrived?

Roll Tide
aggiehawg
AG
quote:

Who lied to who?
Hhhmm, I seem to recall Kyler and Kyle both played. Kyler was named starter for a few games and was the starter for the bowl game.

No lie there about immediate PT that I see.

ETA: It's "who lied to whom" Typing skills are poor today. Sorry.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Look out fellas we have VR, steveo, and that weird hayden dude all feisty up in here.
Too funny.
Bob Dobalina

quote:

It is pretty easy to dig on a ****ty coach with back-to-back losing seasons.
MelvinUdall
quote:
How many Texas A&M offensive linemen were drafted by the NFL compared to Texas since Sumlin arrived?

Roll Tide
Look I know you're old and sometimes get confused, but if you can't see a decline on the OL then you are more senile than I thought.

Roll Weed
Ragoo
AG
quote:
So, the Aggies around here who credit Sherman for the great offensive lines are idiots? I don't think so.

Sherman surely evaluated the recruits and drew top talent to A&M. You think that Sherman didn't have a hand in coaching the OL? Again, you disagree with many Aggies around here.

Your OL has got worse every year since Sherman left. You haven't recruited particularly well at the position. Your OL will likely be "craptastic" despite the efforts of your new coach.

You've got very good receivers. You have OU rejects in the backfield. Your line has been bleeding talent and ability for years. You're in no position to be making fun of anyone else's offense.
sherman has an excellent eye for talent, I can tell you that I attended every fall camp practice in 2009 and Sherman hardly spent time with the OL because he trusted Turner to have them in line. Turner is an excellent tactician and teacher of OL schemes, leverage and hand placement.

To believe otherwise is foolish or wishful thinking in case of horn fans.

We may suck on offense again, we may not. My guess is we will be better than last year by a good margin, at least more consistent.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
quote:

Roll Tide
Look I know you're old and sometimes get confused, but if you can't see a decline on the OL then you are more senile than I thought.

Roll Weed
so, you can see it? I am not sure you kniw anything about sports to begin with.
RGLAG85
AG
quote:
quote:

Roll Tide

Roll Weed

You're funny! Tell me again how tu's oline is getting better. I like that story!
MelvinUdall
quote:
quote:
quote:

Roll Tide

Roll Weed

I know, just like has been discussed on this site and amongst my Aggie friends, they have noticed a significant decline of the A&M OL. Now I may not be Ragoo on player evaluation, but I know when I see an OL that is struggling more than it has.
Turkey 87
AG
When is the parade and will there be power rings given out again?
Flexbone
Texas' OL is getting better? Texas' OL was an absolute **** show the last 2 seasons against incredibly weak DLs. A&M's OL hasn't been great the last 2 years, but it's absolutely LIGHT YEARS better than Texas' and will continue to be. The OL has gotten worse every year since Sherman left??? Sherman wasn't here in 2012 or 2013. The OL was really good both years, better than it was during his tenure, and continues to pump players into the NFL. Last year was the only year the line was bad. In 2014 it was average. Before that, very good. As far as recruiting, we've recruited better than Texas on the OL the last several years. We have twice as many 4 star OL as Texas has in the last 3 classes.
ski-man
AG
quote:
quote:

Roll Tide

Roll Weed
Holy crap when Wickline was hired he was going to be the savior, and then was let go as a scapegoat for an offense that got worse every year. But you say we are on the decline and you are on the rise.

Ya, whose smoking weed. Multiple losing seasons in a row, a terrible offense, still starting a QB that has done ZERO to elevate his play or the play of the team. But we have the big problems I guess.
Let's go ski-man!
Flexbone
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

#developerStrong!

Who lied to who?

You have proof that Sumlin lied to them?

I absolutely love the fact that you're here defending Charlie ****ing Strong's e-honor. As soon as he struggles again this year, which he will, you're going to be incensed. You'll act like you aren't here though.

And who cares? They're gone. We're going to be fine. Texas had a player tweet about transferring TO A&M last year DURING a ****ing game.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Good post.

**** off.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Roll Tide

Roll Weed

I know, just like has been discussed on this site and amongst my Aggie friends, they have noticed a significant decline of the A&M OL. Now I may not be Ragoo on player evaluation, but I know when I see an OL that is struggling more than it has.
2015 OL or 2016 OL. 2014 and 2015 were bad, and those coaches replaced. We now have a competent OL coach. If they are still bad then you win. Now go stick your **** in a bear trap.
MelvinUdall
Man talk about deflection, where did I ever talk about the competency of the Texas OL, they are garbage. All I was saying, and basically reiterating what has been said on this site and amongst friends that are Aggies, that the A&M OL has regressed each year under Sumlin. Maybe it was the piss poor coaching, I have no idea, what I do know is that it has gotten worse, for whatever reason. Honestly, it is really not up for debate.

But please tell me how bad Texas OL is, that I already agree with you on, because that is a lot of fun.
SourGrapes
quote:

Roll Tide
So, the OL has improved under Sumlin? Interesting. I wonder if anybody agrees with you.
petey88
these dumbass sips sure are smart, get that harryhorn idiot in here with the rest, they job each other like they like do to

hi stevo, you learned how to read yet ?
MelvinUdall
quote:
these dumbass sips sure are smart, get that harryhorn idiot in here with the rest, they job each other like they like do to

hi stevo, you learned how to read yet ?
Oops, wrong user name.
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
quote:

Roll Tide
Where did he say A&M's OL hasn't declined ? Where did I say that? Did Ragoo say it?

We simply pointed out your OL sucks 10x worse.
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
quote:

Roll Tide
So, the OL has improved under Sumlin? Interesting. I wonder if anybody agrees with you.
Lol. Another sip who can't read.
MelvinUdall
quote:
quote:
quote:

Roll Tide
Where did he say A&M's OL hasn't declined ? Where did I say that? Did Ragoo say it?

We simply pointed out your OL sucks 10x worse.

Where did I say that Texas OL didn't suck, this seems to be a circular argument, "Your OL sucks, no yours does" Quite frankly they both aren't very good, but I will give y'all the gold medal of them sucking 10 times less and with the hopes of these awesome new coaches to turn it around.
ski-man
AG
quote:
Man talk about deflection, where did I ever talk about the competency of the Texas OL, they are garbage. All I was saying, and basically reiterating what has been said on this site and amongst friends that are Aggies, that the A&M OL has regressed each year under Sumlin. Maybe it was the piss poor coaching, I have no idea, what I do know is that it has gotten worse, for whatever reason. Honestly, it is really not up for debate.

But please tell me how bad Texas OL is, that I already agree with you on, because that is a lot of fun.
Well sip if you read back it was talked about that your OL was on the rise and ours was on the decline. I was pointing out that your OL and Offense both have sucked lately so if you or someone is saying that you are on the rise, that would be a lot of fun also to have that discussion as well.
Let's go ski-man!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.