Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Buying physical gold/silver

265,479 Views | 1871 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by TTUArmy
Red Pear Realty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
If you're only going to buy one coin, I would get the American Gold Buffalo.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
jagvocate
AG
Looks like Wall St. is starting to figure out inflation is in no way "transitory"

Mas89
AG
I bought a 2021 silver American eagle today with the new reverse design to give to a friends new born. Beautiful new design and much better eagle in flight than the former fat sitting eagle.

The local coin shop guy was showing me a real - looking counterfeit silver eagle they had bought somewhere to show their customers. He said it was probably from China. He weighed it and the real eagle and the fake was only one gram lighter-30/31 grams iirc. He also had a digital coin reader that showed the coin as fake.

If they can so closely fake an American Eagle, I can't help but wonder about all the silver ( rounds ) being bought.
I feel safer buying the old 90 percent junk halves and quarters. I've always thought the walking Liberty halves to be the best looking coin out there.
Txhuntr
AG
When buying bullion, I exclusively buy SMI, and ponied up $20 for the counterfeit decoder. Cheap investment for the amount of rounds and bars I have
Post removed:
by user
Aggiemike96
AG
Metals soaring today. Pray for the stock market.
Post removed:
by user
jagvocate
AG
It's very bullish that gold's performance has elicited such a small amount of discussion. When folks wake up, they'll be chasing gold all the way to $3k over the next couple of years.

mwp02ag
AG
Got my Battle of Goliad rounds today. Pretty coin!
CC09LawAg
mwp02ag said:

Missed my UPS guy by 20 minutes.

Will they leave it hidden if you talk to them through doorbell in anyone's experience?
CC09LawAg
I am pretty new to this, but had a question. If I'm stacking and wanted to convert X amount of silver into its gold equivalent to save physical space, is there any way to avoid the cash conversion in between? Anyone know dealers that will do that to remove paying the markups?
Post removed:
by user
jagvocate
AG
$1960 gold / $25.72 silver

jagvocate
AG
That's within spitting distance of a new all-time gold high, right?

And crickets out there. Can't even keep this thread near the top of the page.

Incredibly bullish indicator, because as the sleeping masses wake up to protect their vanishing USD purchasing power, their activity will not be sending the gold price *down.*

Aggiemike96
AG
jagvocate said:

$1960 gold / $25.72 silver

Don't look at Palladium. Up almost 100% in 3 months. Thanks Russia.
Post removed:
by user
mwp02ag
AG
Palisades Gold Radio did a fascinating podcast with Luke Groman last week. Lays out a scenario where RU and CCP look to reprice gold to $100k/oz.

Not that it'll make you rich, but should help maintain purchase power when the blood is in the streets here as a result.
Post removed:
by user
Bocephus
AG
mwp02ag said:

Ordered more Alamo coins this week. I'm digging the in-state mint.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
jagvocate
AG

fka ftc
$100k/oz would seem to say more about the $ than the Au.

I used to me much more adverse to holding physical gold, but the last year should have people at least considering it.
Post removed:
by user
mwp02ag
AG
Agreed. If I remember correctly, the scenario was RUS and CCP moving from petrodollars to a partially gold backed digital yuan as a new reserve currency. Same podcast mentioned that less than 2% of US citizens own PM and Russians, who have experienced two hyperinflation events in recent history, all purchase PM.

I think it's absolutely crazy to not have at least a small percentage of your money in PM, but I know I'm preachin to the choir in here. Its a switch that flipped in my head recently. My small holdings will be immensely helpful if they are ever needed.

I waited so long to start stacking because I couldn't buy 100 oz of silver at a time. How dumb. I remember my buddies dad telling us after our A&M graduation in 03 to buy gold. Neither of us did at the time, it was one of those "success leaves clues" moments I missed.
mwp02ag
AG
You do have some cool ass coins man. I don't have anything with age like that.
ChiefKiefton
$2000 gold. How high will we go?
Post removed:
by user
jagvocate
AG
ChiefKiefton said:

$2000 gold. How high will we go?
On what timeframe are you asking? 2022 probably sees $2300 maybe $2500 gold.

2027-2032? Lol. Pick a number.

jagvocate
AG
DOW shaves off 800 points and your gold and silver (especially stocks if you have some) picked up a few %.
#rotation

Post removed:
by user
Txhuntr
AG
Metals on the move. Are we talking $30 silver and $2500 gold by end of the month?
ChiefKiefton
Txhuntr said:

Metals on the move. Are we talking $30 silver and $2500 gold by end of the month?
Sheet at this rate who knows. Gold just hit all time highs for a split second. Silver premiums are through the roof. Fun times to be a stacker!
Jet Black
Up 7% on HAL? Get out or keep holding?
Post removed:
by user
Aggiemike96
AG
Gold may bust $2,100 today. Also, not really discussed here much, but who's following nickel?
maddiedou
AG
I have lots of buffalo nickels

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.