2016 NBA Free Agency

28,115 Views | 347 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Obi Wan Ginobili
Bulldog73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh I understand, well in the general sense at least, but the whole time people have been saying there's no way he'd take a one year deal because he doesn't want to go through all of this again. This contract still guarantees he'll have to do that.
Forum Troll
AG
NBA = La Liga
West Texan
AG
quote:
NBA = La Liga

I'd really like to understand this reference, but I don't speak Spanish.
Forum Troll
AG
quote:
quote:
NBA = La Liga

It means that there's going to be no competition. Real Madrid or Barcelona win that league literally every year.
ElCheAg
AG
So how much more money will tickets to games go up by after this increase in cap money (if at all)?
Guitarsoup
AG
Iowaggie
AG

Iowaggie
AG
Besides OKC, this hurts the Cavs and Spurs the most.

Memphis, Clippers, Houston, and a few other Western Conference teams just move up 1 on the pecking order.

They weren't going to beat GSW 4 out 7 times before, and they aren't going to beat them now.
Guitarsoup
AG
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/kevin-durant-nba-free-agency-announcement/
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:

Memphis, Clippers, Houston, and a few other Western Conference teams just move up 1 on the pecking order.

They weren't going to beat GSW 4 out 7 times before, and they aren't going to beat them now.

If the Spurs get Gasol and GSW has to lose Speights and Bogut, they may struggle against a big Spurs front court of Gasol/LMA/Kahwi.
Matsui
AG
Durant won't go thru the whole courting process again next season

And wtf are the lakers doing?
Olsen
AG
Iowaggie
AG
quote:
quote:

If the Spurs get Gasol and GSW has to lose Speights and Bogut, they may struggle against a big Spurs front court of Gasol/LMA/Kahwi.

This is my hope. That the Warriors struggle with teams that can score in the paint.

Also, I think Livingston is a big loss as well, if he has to go.

Maybe Durant's top secret conspiracy plan is to break up the Warriors, and then go elsewhere?

ETA: Not serious on the conspiracy plan.
Diet Cokehead
AG
quote:
It'll be interesting to see if Russ sticks around in OKC after next season when he becomes a free agent.
No freakin way. He wants to play fashion in LA (or maybe NY). The Thunder will no longer be in OKC in 10 years.
Dan Scott
AG
Move them back to Seattle where they belong
Pahdz
quote:
quote:
It'll be interesting to see if Russ sticks around in OKC after next season when he becomes a free agent.
No freakin way. He wants to play fashion in LA (or maybe NY). The Thunder will no longer be in OKC in 10 years.

Haha wanna bet on that (the team being gone?).
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

Guitarsoup
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Token
AG
quote:

cuban wanted to continue his tradition of having some has been center making $12M+.
Guitarsoup
AG
From The Vertical:

quote:
The moves to fit Durant:
1. Renounce the unrestricted free-agent holds of Marreese Speights, Leandro Barbosa, Ian Clark, James McAdoo, Brandon Rush and Anderson Varejao.
2. Withdraw the qualifying offers and renounce the cap holds of Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli.
3. Trade Bogut's contract to a team with cap space.
The moves would leave Golden State with $26.6 million in cap space to sign Durant to a max contract.
However, doing so would only leave the Warriors with the minimum and room mid-level ($2.9 million) to fill out their roster.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/front-office-insider--kevin-durant-s-options-184021631.html

Dallas trading cap space for Bogut. Thanks, Mark Cuban for making this happen!

So they will have:

C:
PF: Green
SF: Durant, Kevin Looney
SG: Klay, Iggy
PG: Curry, Livingston
Pahdz
That's a garbage bench, but not like they'll need it
Diet Cokehead
AG
They only needs 7. Iggy and Livingston are not garbage.
Pahdz
They aren't, but they both aren't getting any younger either.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
They aren't, but they both aren't getting any younger either.

Of green, curry, Durant and klay, curry is the oldest at 28
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
From The Vertical:

quote:
The moves to fit Durant:
1. Renounce the unrestricted free-agent holds of Marreese Speights, Leandro Barbosa, Ian Clark, James McAdoo, Brandon Rush and Anderson Varejao.
2. Withdraw the qualifying offers and renounce the cap holds of Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli.
3. Trade Bogut's contract to a team with cap space.
The moves would leave Golden State with $26.6 million in cap space to sign Durant to a max contract.
However, doing so would only leave the Warriors with the minimum and room mid-level ($2.9 million) to fill out their roster.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/front-office-insider--kevin-durant-s-options-184021631.html

Dallas trading cap space for Bogut. Thanks, Mark Cuban for making this happen!

So they will have:

C:

So they will have:

C: Rookie 7-footer Damian Jones (and then they will need to get another 'serviceable' vet)
CFTXAG10
AG
Pau Gasol to Spurs

Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
NBA = La Liga

It means that there's going to be no competition. Real Madrid or Barcelona win that league literally every year.
Well, Kansas wins the Big 12 literally every year, and Kentucky wins the SEC most years, so it isn't like college basketball is much different in many of the college basketball conferences for example. There are 1-2 'big boys' and then everybody else trying to catch up.

Token
AG
Gasol to SA
CFTXAG10
AG
Harrison Barnes - 4 yr 94 mill - to Mavs

Forum Troll
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
NBA = La Liga

Well, Kansas wins the Big 12 literally every year, and Kentucky wins the SEC most years, so it isn't like college basketball is much different in many of the college basketball conferences for example. There are 1-2 'big boys' and then everybody else trying to catch up.

And its terrible from a competitive standpoint.

Every year in CFB and CBB you can select 4 to 8 teams and pretty much know 100% the national champ is going to be from that list. The same thing is happening to the NBA except the list is going to be about 2.

MLB, NFL, and NHL at least remain competitive.
Matsui
AG
Spurs
Gsw
Cavs

That is about it.
Iowaggie
AG
There is some solid Interwebbing going on...
(Your a sad human/frequent texags poster if you know all these scenes)

Bulldog73
AG
Sorry, I don't think the Spurs even belong in that category at this point. I know, I'm biased and the Spur fans will crucify me for it, but they just don't have a team that matches well against either of the other two teams. This while admitting they're a far superior team to my preferred Rockets right now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.