Tottenham 2016 - 2017 Thread

56,810 Views | 861 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Socrates05
Beau Bevers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lots of tweets about Spurs signing Sissoko today. COYS!
t - cam
AG
Looks like they did it. Can't believe they pulled it off though i haven't seen anything official.
Beau Bevers
AG
Sissoko just tweeted that it's official. Great signing.
t - cam
AG
With nkoudou and sissoko this has been a decent day. Was prepared for the worst this morning.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Wow on Hull spending 17M on Mason
titanmaster_race
Sweet signings
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
apparently newcastle still owe spurs 17mil for townsend, so spurs are only paying 13mil

Spurs are paying 5 payments of 6mil which end abruptly should Sissoko leave the team for any reason. The most Levy transfer ever.
BBallAggie06
AG
Good day for our Spurs. COYS!
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Im not thrilled with Sissoko, but Im glad we got someone in. Honestly, I dont see him as much of an upgrade over Chadli.
t - cam
AG
quote:
Im not thrilled with Sissoko, but Im glad we got someone in. Honestly, I dont see him as much of an upgrade over Chadli.

It will be on poch to get him to play like he did at euros where he was great. If we get that guy we got a lot better.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
quote:
It will be on poch to get him to play like he did at euros where he was great. If we get that guy we got a lot better.
True. Just hope we dont get the team captain of a relegated side.
Beau Bevers
AG
quote:
quote:
True. Just hope we dont get the team captain of a relegated side.

I don't think Sissoko was responsible for Newcastle going down. That roster was garbage. Middling Championship level. Which should make our defeat at the end of the season all the more embarrassing.

And if we really get him and pay half of the 30 million contract and Newcastle owes the rest, that's a fantastic deal.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Well Im not saying he's responsible, but he certainly didnt help. 1 goal last year?

Anyway, Like I said, Im happy to have him. Hope he works out.
jay040
The Telegraph understand Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino told Daniel Levy to sign Moussa Sissoko at any cost. #THFC
bobinator
AG
So are we going to have a Spurs tailgate before Prairie View next week?
jay040
This is the 2nd article I've seen that says Eriksen's starting post is the most at risk due to signing Sissoko.

http://www.espnfc.com/club/tottenham-hotspur/367/blog/post/2942572/moussa-sissoko-spurs-arrival-raises-questions-about-christian-eriksen

I can see there point, but I feel like we lose a lot of creativity when Eriksen is off the field. I think his creativity is hampered somewhat without Dembele, and maybe that's why he's been slightly off for our 2 games this season.

I'm also just still not crazy about signing Sissoko, even after sitting on it for a day. His attitude reminds me too much of Adebayor, and I hate to lose someone like Chadli who loved the team. Oh well, hopefully I'm eating these words in a few months.
titanmaster_race
If Erikson plays like Erikson, he should be sitting behind no one. If he keeps playing like shiite, you've got to shake things up somehow.

Will be interesting to see how the squad as a whole will play when Dembele returns.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
quote:
If Erikson plays like Erikson, he should be sitting behind no one. If he keeps playing like shiite, you've got to shake things up somehow.
Agree with this completely.

i actualyl see sissoko as more of a threat to lamela, with son pushing Eriksen.

But when Eriksen is on, he's the best player in the squad (Dembele exception)
t - cam
AG
quote:
quote:
Agree with this completely.

i actualyl see sissoko as more of a threat to lamela, with son pushing Eriksen.

But when Eriksen is on, he's the best player in the squad (Dembele exception)

Hoping the contract negotiations were just getting in his head. Maybe a little more relaxed now that that is winding down.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
titanmaster_race
Great news! Hopefully this means he'll start playing like normal. COYS
LondonOllie

Tottenham to set Champions League crowd record

Tottenham have confirmed they will set a new record for the best-attended Champions League game in Great Britain when they face Monaco next week.

Over 80,000 tickets have been sold for the game, which means it will also be a record home attendance for Spurs......

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10570993/tottenham-to-set-champions-league-crowd-record?
titanmaster_race
Stoke are dropping like flies at any contact
titanmaster_race
That's afuggin penalty. He got all heel and no ball
titanmaster_race
HOW DO YOU STOP A COUNTERATTACK TO GIVE A YELLOW TO THE TEAM NOW DESPERATELY TRYING TO GET BACK AND DEFEND?????

this ref is unbelievable
titanmaster_race
What a scrub!
titanmaster_race
GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL

beautiful moves from Erikson
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Nice assist...

He needed this goal...he's been playing like crap for the national team as well...
jay040
Really not impressed with Wanyama today... Poor defense and poor effort on clearances and free kicks defense.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Stoke has quit.

But i like it. And Kane breaks through finally.
titanmaster_race
No yellow for that takedown? Really?

Joe Allen wrapped Son up like Ray Lewis on a counterattack. That's the definition of a yellow card.

I know it doesn't really matter at this point, but this ref crew has been absolute shiiite! Send them down to the Championship to ref Aston Villa matches.
t - cam
AG
Great performance today. Erikson was the man of the match in my eyes. Hopefully this was the breakthrough we've been waiting on.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
eriksen was stellar today
t - cam
AG
Lamela demanding to be the highest paid player on the team is comical. I like lamela but he can walk if he's going to be a diva.
jay040
I agree, but I'm hoping since the source was the Mirror it's nonsense. I follow Lamela on social media, and he seems to have a great attitude.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.