Tottenham 2016 - 2017 Thread

56,532 Views | 861 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Socrates05
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LC quit about 2 goals ago.
titanmaster_race
BBallAggie06
AG
Despite being locked in to the 2 spot on the table, Spurs still brought it and refused to take the foot off the gas! Plus, despite the ankle injuries Kane suffered from this season, taking a 2 goal lead over Lukaku just speaks to his efficient production on the pitch

COYS!!
agsalaska
AG
Agreed. I'm not sure what they need to add other than depth to be able to compete better in the other competitions and overcome injuries. But the starting 11 has it.

Any idea what the transfer budget looks like for the summer and how playing in Wembley might effect the finances?
BBallAggie06
AG
From what I read yesterday, they won't try to compete with rivals in the transfer market this summer
BBallAggie06
AG
So Kane has 2 more goals than Lukaku in 7, yes, SEVEN, less appearances.

"He's one of our own"

COYS!!
Beau Bevers
AG
Ready to see Harry secure the golden boot as we head into the Champions League. 1 more time. COYS!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Beau Bevers said:

Ready to see Harry secure the golden boot as we head into the Champions League. 1 more time. COYS!

TV?
Beau Bevers
AG
It's on MSNBC at 9
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Beau Bevers said:

It's on MSNBC at 9

Oh thanks. That's weird. Didn't show up when I searched two days ago. Using all the NBC various networks to put on as many as possible. Looks like 9 of the 10 games on NBC NBCSN MSNBC CNBC USA E! Oxygen SyFy and Bravo.

The only game I don't see listed is West Brom at Swansea. Looks like that's the only one not even televised Live in the U.K. It has zero implications as West Brom can't get high enough to qualify for the Euro leagues and Swansea is safe from relegation in 17th but 4 points clear of 18th.

Problem two is ..... currently we have no power here in Dallas. Big storms earlier. Hopefully it's back on soon.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Power just came back on. Waiting for Tv receiver box to reset etc.

Beau Bevers
AG
MSNBC is showing the President's address to the Muslim conference in Saudi Arabia. Might come back to the match afterwards, but who knows?

I'm listening to the BBC radio broadcast online. Kane had 2 goals already.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I'm watching on NBC sports app. Works pretty well.

Domination so far. Kane almost had three on just a stupid beautiful touch and back heel by Alli
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
So if my math is right that takes Kane to 28 goals in 30 games this season.

Damn.

And we are gonna hit 86 points - with Kane having missed 8 games.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
FYI.

Since 1992 when EPL was formed 86 points would have won the league 11 times. So a little less than half the time.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

KANE!!!!!!!

goes out with a Hat Trick. 7 goals in the last 2 game. wow.

And 5-1 Spurs. Getting ugly.

time to sub out Kane. what a year.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

6-1
DeangeloVickers
AG
7!!!!!!

Our back line is scoring
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

And 86 for the team for the season in 38 games. Best in the league and +60 GD also best in league.
BBallAggie06
AG
So proud of the club and proud to be a Spurs supporter. What an exciting season! They finished the season on the highest of notes outside of winning the PL. 13 goals in the final 2 games - AWAY, when we were locked into 2nd position on the table, speaks to this team's desire to finish. SO much momentum headed into 17-18 season, even with the home matches at Wembley next season, let's prove all the doubters and naysayers wrong, and win win the League!

COYS!!
t - cam
AG
I think pochettino got robbed for coach of the year. He has the 6th highest payroll in the league yet over achieves every year especially this year.
Conte won won the league with a team that literally won the league two years ago. People are giving him way to much credit. That team has won titles with 3 or 4 different coaches.
titanmaster_race
t - cam said:

I think pochettino got robbed for coach of the year. He has the 6th highest payroll in the league yet over achieves every year especially this year.
Conte won won the league with a team that literally won the league two years ago. People are giving him way to much credit. That team has won titles with 3 or 4 different coaches.

Yeah that's stupid. Their payroll/roster is ridiculous. Tons of managers could have won the league with that this season.
Socrates05
AG
Trophy!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.