Tottenham 2016 - 2017 Thread

56,795 Views | 861 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Socrates05
BBallAggie06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes it is! Welcome aboard! COYS!
IJones23
Lloris rumors?
jay040
Supposedly Real Madrid is interested, but he ain't leaving.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
There's been Lloris to real madrid rumors every window for the last three years. He's got champions league, so I dont think he would jump now. Supposedly he verbally agreed to an extension when he was guaranteed the squad would be strengthened this window.

Wouldnt be the end of the world if he left. We could get a hilariously high fee for a keeper and bring in Butland or Schmeichal. That said, he's a truly world class player and probably my favorite player on the squad, so I would be butthurt.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
quote:
Tottenham Academy @thfcacademy 4m4 minutes ago

I'm reliably informed Tottenham have made Marcus Edwards a new contract offer, which includes a first-team squad number & game time.
Jansen all but official
http://www.espnfc.us/story/2907337/vincent-janssen-nearing-tottenham-move-from-az-alkmaar-sources

Should have a lot more depth at striker this year, but a big disparity in talent level. Still, will be nice to have people to send in for FA cup matches.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Harry to get a 100k/week contract. 5 year deal, which is amazing

Even Harry has to work up spurs wage structure.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/05/harry-kane-tottenham-new-contract
bobinator
AG
Any of you folks ever gone to a match? I'm dipping my toe in the idea of trying to catch a match next season and was wondering if anyone has any advice?

I assume that getting tickets to home matches is basically impossible, but what about away?

I've never really had the money to even think about it but I switched jobs recently and was thinking about looking into it.

I feel like my fan credibility would go up significantly by actually going to a game at some point.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
the common advice from the COYS reddit is to use stubhub as an american. It will cost a lot, but the convenience/guaranteed ticket make it worth it.
jay040
New kits:

home:

away:

third:

BBallAggie06
AG
Maybe they'll grow on me...Wasn't a fan of last year's kits when they were released, but last year's away kit is now my favorite one to wear
titanmaster_race
That alternate kit is complete ****e.
jay040
I like the pinstripes, but hate the color. I also hated the Spurple at first, but it grew on me. My favorite 3rd kit has been the 2013 one.
bobinator
AG
Well at least I can be liberal with the mustard in the third kit
jay040
What?
RUMORS: Tottenham battles Borussia Dortmund for Gotze dlvr.it/Llmkny
jay040
BILD understand Tottenham Hotspur have held two rounds of talks with Mario Gotze's representatives over a move #THFC
jay040
@SkySportsNewsHQ:
quote:
2016-07-11 10:00:18 UTC
BREAKING: Sky sources: AZ Alkmaar's Vincent Janssen to have Tottenham medical today after clubs agree 18.8m fee
jay040
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/janssen-move-secured-120716/

We are delighted to announce the signing of Vincent Janssen from AZ Alkmaar, subject to international clearance. In his one season at AZ, his 27 goals in 34 league appearances helped them secure a top-four finish.

It might take a bit of time to adjust to the EPL, but I think this could be a great signing, and is much needed backup for Kane. From an AZ fan on reddit: "He has everything, he is such a complete player. Not only as a striker but also a teamplayer, he is always running, always working, he can be found in our defence and a minute later he scores. And he only turned 22 a month ago."
LondonOllie
quote:
Any of you folks ever gone to a match? I'm dipping my toe in the idea of trying to catch a match next season and was wondering if anyone has any advice?

I assume that getting tickets to home matches is basically impossible, but what about away?

I've never really had the money to even think about it but I switched jobs recently and was thinking about looking into it.

I feel like my fan credibility would go up significantly by actually going to a game at some point.

As someone said, you can get home tickets just be sure to check your seats as some have pillars obstructing their view (in the current stadium).
If you time it right, you could maybe even go to a premier league match on a weekend and a Champions League game midweek.

Of course there's plenty of other reasons to check out London beyond the footy.
jay040
I keep seeing reports that Chadli, Bentaleb, Clinton, and a few others are as good as gone. Bentaleb was given a 5 year contract Before the start of an injury riddled season last year. He started in the World Cup. I can't believe that we're getting rid of him already. And Clinton was injured last season as well, we haven't even seen him play really. Chadli, while maybe not our top XI, I feel is a good player who provides the depth we'll need to get through Champions and the EPL season. And he seems to get along so well with the rest of the team I wonder about the chemistry impact. Oh well, trust in Poch.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Poch confirmed Bentaleb isnt part of the future plans. He must have done something to piss Poch off, because this time last year he was really high on him. I thought his potential was sky high. Two years ago I would say Bentaleb was our best player not named Kane/Lloris or maybe rose

Said Clinton wasnt with the team in australia because of an injury, but its rumored he passed a physical with OM yesterday for a loan spell.

I just dont know how long Chadli will be okay not starting. I think he could be worth a lot to the right team.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
anyone else get up at 5am to watch this pre-season friendly?! COYS!

CCV and Ball starting at CB. Ball has already been roasted.

20 min in and Janseen hasnt had a touch.

first half recap: Mason is non-existent. Carol and Will Miller (playing lb) are the only players with success going forward. Non of the attacking players have done anything. Spurs also pressing a lot and look a little narrow to me. CCV has been better than serviceable, Ball has had a couple of horrendous mistakes- Granted he's matched with Dybala both times.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Wanyama with a brilliant steal fed Lamela who put it away. Also of note, Trippier had a bad first half. Yedlin in at the start of the second, already had a bigger attacking role. Marcus Edwards in too.

Im a BIG fan of Wanyama in this game

team, even though it got younger in the 2nd half, has looked so much better with Lamela on the pitch
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Final thoughts

• Yedlin was very effective delivering the ball into the box. Edwards over-ran one, and one was mi**** by Harrison, both could have been goals. Trippier had a bad first half. Dont need both of them.
  • Ryan Mason picked up where he left off. Not sure how he can be helpful going forward.
  • Onomah took responsibility for getting the ball up field, really good
  • Marcus Edwards and Shaylon Harrison are as exciting as advertised
  • CCV had a decent game and could be useful against lesser competition. Domoniq Ball needs a loan.
  • Will Miller at LB in the first half was fun to watch
  • Wanayama was a force in holding midfield, especially in the second half.
jay040
quote:
Trippier had a bad first half.
Didn't watch the game, but I was always unimpressed with him last year, particularly in the Euro league games. I don't know if Yedlin is better, but unlike a lot of folks on /r/coys, I don't think that Trippier is ahead of him.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Agree. I thought he was okay, but never noticed a big disparity between him and yedlin (I think yedlin as actually better going forward). It sounds like Walker-Peters is the future anyway, so we should definitely sell at least one of them if not both.
Beau Bevers
AG
Have never supported MLS like I will tonight. Screw Woolwich.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
2nd pre-season loss in the books: wild conclusions I drew from 90 minutes

• Wanayama controls the midfield like Dier. He's not dembele, but oh my gosh he adds realy quality depth to the holding midfield. He's so good.
  • Speaking of holding midfield: Winks looked VERY promising today.
  • Yedlin > Trippier. I dont care what the experts say- but I think the club will press on without both of them.
  • Carter vickers is better than serviceable and should contribute this season. Ball and Walkes not so much.
  • Lamela is building on last season. The team is night and day different going forward when he's on the field.
  • Onomah will be a contributor this season, Im okay if we dont sign another attacking midfielder.
  • Janssen hasnt been getting much service. I think the nicest thing I could say about his first two performances is that we shouldn't judge him by them?
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Eriksen turned down contract extension

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/christian-eriksen-rejects-tottenham-contract-offer-as-spurs-star-seeks-salary-increase-a3307671.html
jay040
quote:
Hugo Lloris, the goalkeeper and captain, collects about 80,000 a week, with Erik Lamela earning about 70,000 a week and Mousa Dembele 65,000 a week. Harry Kane, Tottenham's top scorer for each of the last two seasons, is on about 50,000 a week.

Eriksen, who joined from Ajax for about 11million in the summer of 2013, earns about 30,000 weekly and is targeting a significant rise. There remains, however, optimism on both sides that the deal will eventually be done.

I think Eriksen will stay with Spurs, he just wants some more money. Can't say I blame him.
LondonOllie
Excited about our young players coming through. Edwards especially (I hope) is going to be something special.
For someone so young, you can see he's got the vision and he's very skillful, but still raw.
BBallAggie06
AG
Now that it's August, we can say, the season starts THIS month!!
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
SOMEONE BOUGHT FAZIO HAHAHAHAHAAHA on his way to Roma.

Pritchard gone as well to Brighton
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
fazio just loaned to roma. sigh....
jay040
It's official, Pritchard sold to Norwhich for 8 million.
http://www.espnfc.com/soccer-transfers/story/2922961/norwich-city-sign-midfielder-alex-pritchard-from-tottenham-hotspur

LondonOllie
I'm watching the Spurs vs Inter Milan friendly. I've always said that I don't worry too much about the scoreline of a pre season friendly because it's more about getting match fit, experimenting with formations and players, and shaking off the rust. I'm watching the friendly right now. Spurs are up 4-1 but what I like more than the score is that the players look like they are getting into their groove and finding each other with passes and their movement looks pretty good. Some of the goals I have to say were great too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.