Tottenham 2016 - 2017 Thread

56,812 Views | 861 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Socrates05
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And Dier with the beautiful ball to Eriksen
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Here we go.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Beautiful
DeangeloVickers
AG
Ohhhhh Danny Boy!!!!!
DeangeloVickers
AG
Ever since I talked crap about Dier he has delivered great balls
byfLuger41
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Vorm was superhuman today.

Really lucky to get a point. Gotta drop Eriksen for a game, he's killing us.

I dont know what MP is seeing with Kane in the CAM role, he's terrible there. 0 shots on target, not going to blow anyone away with footwork, and its taken our biggest scoring threat out of the game.
titanmaster_race
What a sloppy, dumbass penalty from lamela
titanmaster_race
Beautiful saves by vorm, clinical finish by rose
jay040
quote:
Yes, but he was palying out of position. Was it weird that we moved him back to RB, instead of sliding Vert over and bringing in Wimmer? Vert plays RB for the Belgian National Team. Or, slide Dier back into Vert's spot and bring on another midfielder.
titanmaster_race
quote:
quote:
Yes, but he was palying out of position. Was it weird that we moved him back to RB, instead of sliding Vert over and bringing in Wimmer? Vert plays RB for the Belgian National Team. Or, slide Dier back into Vert's spot and bring on another midfielder.

Wait, what? I thought he was just tracking back on defense. That's a very klinnsman thing to play him out of position like that...

I woke up late and only got to see the highlights....
Socrates05
AG
Dier moved back to RB after Kyle left. Erik was just back there covering after Dier was overlapping.

Rough game, I'm happy with a point after the performance but there are a lot of things to figure out. Vorm stepped up big.

I hope much of it works itself out when Mousa comes back because the Dier-Waynama pairing just doesn't work. There is no link between the defense and the attackers. Early on we were resigned to playing long diagonals out of the back to get the ball forward and this team is not built for that. There is not enough speed to capitalize and it ends up dragging our guys out so that the high press is worthless. This team is designed to build from the back with the ball on the ground but was relying on Toby to push out of the defense to actually make anything happen the last two games.

As with Waynama, who has looked good but doesn't have a natural place in the side besides rotation with Dier, I feel Janssen is being shoehorned in. Bought as rotation he proved to be a good 15 minute change up with Harry on the pitch together, that does not mean scrap the system and let them play together all the time. Alli and Eriksen are struggling in their own right but forcing into a two striker support role is only compounding things. Its also pushed Lamela onto the opposite wing where he's less dangerous without being able to cut in and use his left. Not to mention pushing the golden boot winner out of his position up top. Just some strange, strange decisions.

Kane needs a rest, Christian needs to pull his head out; put them on the bench. Play someone who can link in the midfield (I'd like to see Winks given a chance, or Mason if he isn't moved out). If neither can be trusted, buy someone who can in the next three days. We will not last the season with only Dembele for that role with all the competitions we will be in. The drop off with and without him in the side is astonishing.
jay040
You may be correct... I was dealing with a teething 6 month old and just saw that Janssen was coming on, then somehow Lamela was making his red card foul. Perhaps I've seen too many USMNT Klinnsman decisions and assumed the worst.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I think Harry is fine. He only touches the ball at midfield and is supposed to dribble up the last 3rd, its just not his game. He is playing grossly out of his best position and its costing us. - I hate playing two strikers at the same time, it makes 0 sense. We're still playing Kane for the vast majority of the game and it robs us of depth, a problem we supposedly solved with the Jansen signing. So we pull off harry to stick on onomah...

And yeah, 3 games in no one linking midfield to attack. I think Dembele solves a lot of problems the second he's back on the field.

Lastly, the players on the bench have been really odd choices. I guess Chadli is just off the team now? Really dumb to waste a player who can score goals just because you dont see him in the future squad. I would rather he start the next game over Eriksen. Where is Wimmer?

Maybe Ive got my spurs glasses on, but Ive watched the Lamela penalty 10 times and 10 times I saw a liverpool player trip on his own feet.
light_bulb
AG
The penalty was questionable at best. It's a weak call really. I would really like to see a better angle because I see absolutely nothing there.
jay040
Getting concerned about our lack of depth this season...

Sky Sports understand Tottenham Hotspur winger Nacer Chadli will join West Brom on a season long loan. #THFC
jay040
Scratch that - not a loan - The Dolphin is gone.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/28/west-brom-agree-a-club-record-13million-deal-for-tottenhams-atta/?

Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Multiple outlets saying spurs have bid in Isco and have inquired about James Rodriguez.

James is unquestionably out of what Levy will spend, and probably Isco too. But we've sold more than we've bought in two seasons now...

But if theyre selling players like the Dolphin and brining in Isco its a giant statement from spurs about their intent. That said, I'll believe it when I see it.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
There's a 100% chance Chadli scores the winner against spurs.
t - cam
AG
We need some depth fast. I realize Ponch has a plan and doesn't see keeping guys around who aren't in his plan but this team has a very grueling schedule this year and combine that with the fact that nearly the entire starting line up plays on their international squads these guys are going be cooked. Not much time in the transfer window so hopefully some pieces fall in place.
titanmaster_race
Yup. We've been getting rid of guys who would absolutely have seen playing time between all the competitions this season, and haven't really added anyone to replace them....
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I really have to believe they're lining up some big gets. I have to.

They wouldnt do the same thing they did last season after it cost us so dearly, would they? Theyre in the black like 40 million for the last 4 windows
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Munir to Valencia

Spurs reject offer from Wolfsburg for Son
t - cam
AG
They better keep Sony around now.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Mason officially gone.

We're starting to look very very thin. What are they doing? Got 30 million for chadli+mason+pritchard, in addition to the money made in the last two transfer windows. DO SOMETHING!
gougler08
AG
quote:
Mason officially gone.

We're starting to look very very thin. What are they doing? Got 30 million for chadli+mason+pritchard, in addition to the money made in the last two transfer windows. DO SOMETHING!
Welcome to the Arsenal method of transfer windows when we were getting a new stadium
BBallAggie06
AG
quote:
Mason officially gone.

Multiple outlets saying spurs have bid in Isco and have inquired about James Rodriguez.

JAMES!!! Let's get him!! Get on it Levy!
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
spurs gotta be 40-50 in the black over the last 4 windows
jay040
Latest I saw was that Isco was too late for a buy, so they're trying to turn it into a season long loan.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
RM told isco to pick between loan to spurs or malaga. Honestly, I dont want him unless there's a buy option tied to it. RM dont need help developing their squad.

quote:
REAL MADRID star Isco wants a move to Tottenham, according to reports.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
DailyMail say spurs have contacted united about schneiderlin.

Dont get me wrong, I would love to have him and was upset when he went to United last season, but the LAST thing we need is another CDM

Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
quote:
Harry Redknapp on Spurs bid for Sissoko on @talkSPORT: "If Newcastle are asking for 35million Daniel (Levy) will bid 5m."
Add Leicester as a club with a higher record transfer than spurs. Paying 35 for Slimani
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
quote:
Tottenham are ready to pay 45 million for Schalke midfielder Max Meyer and make him the highest-paid player at the club with a weekly wage of 130,000.
Source: Bild
The first of the crazy stories we will going to show you guys all day !!!
Sorry, Im buying these baseless speculations hook line and sinker. PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG

Njie loan confirmed so I guess that mean Nkoudou is official
t - cam
AG
This is going to be a frustrating day.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.