Houston
Sponsored by

Just got road rage hit and runned on the Beltway

25,885 Views | 232 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
This an effective brake check.

Actually, that lane squatter should have moved over to allow faster traffic to pass. There was plenty of room after that car merge from the on-ramp...
absolutely right. this is why i loved driving in Germany. they know how to drive.

it is not the responsibility for anyone besides the police to decide who's going too fast and who isn't.

it is the responsibility of every driver to know who is in front AND behind. if a car is coming up faster than you are driving in the left lane, you are expected to get over quickly and safely and let that person continue on down the road.

it's not ****ing difficult to switch lanes and let someone by and then switch again to make your pass.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
I don't brake check, but I do turn into an 90 year old female asian when I get tailgated.
and you're an idiot for doing that.
Forum Troll
AG
Tailgater in that video is a complete moron. Front car is passing an 18 wheeler then stays in the left lane due to merging traffic into the right lane from the on ramp. Nothing wrong with this.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
Tailgater in that video is a complete moron. Front car is passing an 18 wheeler then stays in the left lane due to merging traffic into the right lane from the on ramp. Nothing wrong with this.
he was definitely tailgating too close no doubt. but, i'll bet you dollars to donuts that car in front of him had been camping in the left for miles.

see it every single day of the week.
Forum Troll
AG
He may have been but I can only go by what the video shows.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
Brake checking someone in a bigger vehicle than you, LOL.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
He may have been but I can only go by what the video shows.
fine. but, my point still stands that we could learn a big lesson from the Germans.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
All this is why I want to get a gopro for my dash and upload the BestOf to the youtubers.
They are easy AF to install. So far I have only caught one wreck but never posted since people on Texags would have used their creeping power to track the wrecked car owners down and then subpoena my dashcam vid.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Another road rage death

This happened this morning out in Katy.
MouthBQ98
AG
People wonder why I drive an old beater 4x4 with bumpers that look kinda like something out of a Mad Max movie.

You tailgate me like some ******* did on 290 east of Austin a couple weeks ago and I will brake check you to warn you to get back, and if you persist I will slowly slow down too.

And I am a pretty defensive driver usually that doesn't speed much and stays out of the left lane unless passing. I'm not going to pass at warp factor 10 just to please arseholes though.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
Another road rage death

This happened this morning out in Katy.
How was road rage an issue? There is not mention of anything regarding road rage other than the headline...
agracer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
This an effective brake check.

Actually, that lane squatter should have moved over to allow faster traffic to pass. There was plenty of room after that car merge from the on-ramp...
absolutely right. this is why i loved driving in Germany. they know how to drive.

it is not the responsibility for anyone besides the police to decide who's going too fast and who isn't.

it is the responsibility of every driver to know who is in front AND behind. if a car is coming up faster than you are driving in the left lane, you are expected to get over quickly and safely and let that person continue on down the road.

it's not ****ing difficult to switch lanes and let someone by and then switch again to make your pass.
The guy who did the brake check could not get over b/c of the car entering the freeway on ramp. He would have had to slam on his brakes to avoid hitting the vehicle entering the roadway, and cause the large truck to also slam on his brakes creating a dangerous situation for 3-vehicles. The tailgating jackhole needed to back off and give the other vehicle a moment to move over.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Um from the headline?? That's where I got it from too. I'll call JRey in Mexico and see if she can find out more for us.
MouthBQ98
AG
Also, what is up with white trash in big diesels and reckless impatience? The other day I was slowing to make a left on a 2 lane blacktop with a car behind me waiting to turn. I slow to almost a stop to let an oncoming car pass before I am at the turn and am sizing up whether or not I have enough time to make the left before the next oncoming car, when I hear a loud diesel roar over my left shoulder, and this ******* in an f250 passes me and the car behind me doing about 75. I'd have turned right in Into his path if I hadn't have paused to be sure I could make the turn.

I hope he runs that truck into an overpass pile and breaks a leg or two before he kills someone else driving like that. I really do.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
Um from the headline?? That's where I got it from too. I'll call JRey in Mexico and see if she can find out more for us.
Right, but they did not report any facts that one would think give rise to road rage. All they stated was that an SUV merged in front of a motorcycle.

Seems more sensationalist than factual reporting on its face.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Not arguing that. Just posting the article because it "might" turn out to be RR and be relevant to thread.
NickNaylor

quote:
You tailgate me like some ******* did on 290 east of Austin a couple weeks ago and I will brake check you to warn you to get back

Brake checking makes you an absolute *******.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:

quote:
You tailgate me like some ******* did on 290 east of Austin a couple weeks ago and I will brake check you to warn you to get back

Tailgating makes you an absolute *******. Good god. A good portion of the time I see somebody getting tailgated they're in the process of passing several cars but some jackass can't stand waiting a few seconds for them to finish. It's absurd.

I think we've found our resident tailgaters given their reactions to the notion that someone might warn them off their back bumper.
GoAgs92
AG
I passed that dead guy this morning...blech.

Although I only saw the blanket covering the guy, camera and the 95 cops it still creeped me out.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
And all you folks lamenting the illegality of someone being in the passing lane, want to take a guess what's also illegal? Oh yeah, tailgating.
NickNaylor
quote:
quote:

quote:

Tailgating makes you an absolute *******. Good god. A good portion of the time I see somebody getting tailgated they're in the process of passing several cars but some jackass can't stand waiting a few seconds for them to finish. It's absurd.

I think we've found our resident tailgaters given their reactions to the notion that someone might warn them off their back bumper.

Brake checking is dangerous and there is no need for it. Just get the **** out of the way. I agree tailgating is dangerous and I don't do it. But neither is acceptable, both needlessly put the lives of multiple people at risk for no reason other than to be an ******* and to show your superiority/strength.

Grow the **** up and try to live in harmony with other people. If someone wants to get around you, ****ing let them and don't be a complete ******* and put the lives of yourself and other people in danger just because you happen to be 20 feet ahead of them on a highway and you feel feel ****ing entitled you stupid piece of *****
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Brake checking is dangerous and there is no need for it. Just get the **** out of the way. I agree tailgating is dangerous and I don't do it. But neither is acceptable, both needlessly put the lives of multiple people at risk for no reason other than to be an ******* and to show your superiority/strength.

Grow the **** up and try to live in harmony with other people. If someone wants to get around you, ****ing let them and don't be a complete ******* and put the lives of yourself and other people in danger just because you happen to be 20 feet ahead of them on a highway and you feel feel ****ing entitled you stupid piece of *****

You're an impressive angry little man. Good lord. Your posts here certainly are indicative of someone who can keep their anger in check on a roadway.
NickNaylor
What the hell is so hard about not doing things that make the roads more dangerous? Brake checking incites road rage and makes the road less safe for everyone, not just the two people involved. Tailgating incites road rage and makes the road less safe for everyone.

What is so hard about being a good citizen and letting people by? *******s have to assert their superiority for no good reason.

A very close family member was killed by a road rager, so yeah, I take it a little personally when ******* brag about being *******s and making the road a more dangerous place. So go **** yourself.
Texan1976
Would have sucked if that guy would have crossed the median and killed a family. That video is all a holes IMO.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
What the hell is so hard about not doing things that make the roads more dangerous? Brake checking incites road rage and makes the road less safe for everyone, not just the two people involved. Tailgating incites road rage and makes the road less safe for everyone.

What is so hard about being a good citizen and letting people by? *******s have to assert their superiority for no good reason.

A very close family member was killed by a road rager, so yeah, I take it a little personally when ******* brag about being *******s and making the road a more dangerous place. So go **** yourself.

Who said anything about not letting people by? You're making a lot of assumptions about situations and then acting like a jackass. I'm sorry for your loss but someone being tailgated doesn't mean that person is clearly going too slowly. Often times it means the person behind them is driving like an ass, but let's not put it on the aggressor who is much more likely to be the road rager you despise. No, let's put it on the person with someone riding their back bumper. And as I mentioned before, defensive driving courses explicitly say to tap your breaks to warn somebody off but by all means, continue ranting and raving like a lunatic. It makes you seem like a very level headed individual and totally not like someone likely to rage when upset.
NickNaylor
If you are brake checking, you are being an aggressor.

Brake checkers have been charged with assault with a deadly weapon and vehicular homicide. This is not a minor thing and is sure as **** isn't defensive driving no matter what those minimum wage asshats say. It is an aggressive move that can incite more rage, an accident and even death. Why the **** would you put yourself, your passangers or the other drivers on the road at that kind of risk? Just move and avoid people driving like that. That is actual defensive driving.

There is no place for tailgating or brake checking.

If someone wants to pass you, let them. It won't take any time out of your day. You may feel like you are traveling at a prudent speed, but if they want to pass, let them. You are not the police and it is not your job to judge their speed.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
If you are brake checking, you are being an aggressor.

Brake checkers have been charged with assault with a deadly weapon and vehicular homicide. This is not a minor thing and is sure as **** isn't defensive driving no matter what those minimum wage asshats say. It is an aggressive move that can incite more rage, an accident and even death. Why the **** would you put yourself, your passangers or the other drivers on the road at that kind of risk? Just move and avoid people driving like that. That is actual defensive driving.

There is no place for tailgating or brake checking.

If someone wants to pass you, let them. It won't take any time out of your day. You may feel like you are traveling at a prudent speed, but if they want to pass, let them. You are not the police and it is not your job to judge their speed.

There isn't always anywhere to go pal. Especially not in Houston traffic. And we may not be talking about the same thing in terms of brake checking. Tapping your brakes to warn someone off when there isn't anywhere to go isn't imprudent. It's telling someone to back off.

And just in general, if you want to effectively win people over to your point, telling them to go **** themselves or calling them a stupid piece of **** probably ain't the best way to do it.
NickNaylor

quote:
Tapping your brakes to warn someone off when there isn't anywhere to go isn't imprudent. It's telling someone to back off.
Simply not true. As shown by the video earlier in this thread where it contributed to a pretty bad accident that put lives at risk. In other instances, it has killed people.

You want to do something prudent? Let off the accelerator so they can easily pass at a safer speed. There is your prudent, safer move. It will put less lives in jeopardy.

Brake checking and tailgating are both ******* moves. There is no two ways about it. There is no need to do it at all.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Again, we're talking about two separate things. You can tap your breaks without changing speeds and there isn't anything wrong with it.
Cyprian
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't brake check, but I do turn into an 90 year old female asian when I get tailgated.
and you're an idiot for doing that.

Ok, Lighten up Francis
NickNaylor
quote:
Again, we're talking about two separate things. You can tap your breaks without changing speeds and there isn't anything wrong with it.
I disagree. Tapping your brakes to light it up incites fear in the driver behind you because they don't know if you are tapping with no brake engagement or if you are about to slam on your brakes to have them rear end you. As seen in the video above, that can cause a catastrophic accident, even if you don't slam your brakes. Doing that can and does contribute to accidents. Doing that can and does contribute to road rage.

Diffuse the situation, don't escalate it. Lighting up your brakes escalates the situation and makes a dangerous situation (tailgating) even more dangerous. How is that so hard for you to understand?

A much more reasonable and prudent action if you don't like how close someone is to you is to let up off the accelerator. It is less likely to contribute to road rage, less likely to contribute to an accident and less likely to cause someone behind you to jam their brakes, which could lead to loss of control. Agree? If you let up on the accelerator, they are also more likely to switch lanes and pass and will likely pass at a safer speed. Agree?

This isn't that difficult. Don't contribute to road rage. Don't do things that could contribute to a high-speed accident. Don't be an *******.

And that brake checking could get you years in jail. Is that fair to your family? It could contribute to the death or injury to someone completely uninvolved. Is that fair to them? Seriously people, don't pull this stupid *****
SpreadsheetAg
AG
^ You're right, decelerating without a visual warning is way safer when someone is inches from your bumper.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Lighting up my brake lights isn't going to get me years in jail, but I digress. I'll go with what the defensive driving course actually says to do when you're without another option.
NickNaylor
quote:
^ You're right, decelerating without a visual warning is way safer when someone is inches from your bumper.
If your visual acuity is so bad you can't recognize a change in velocity of another car, you shouldn't be on the road.
NickNaylor
quote:
Lighting up my brake lights isn't going to get me years in jail, but I digress. I'll go with what the defensive driving course actually says to do when you're without another option.
To say there is no other option is completely false. There are multiple other options rather than brake checking.

Defensive driving tells you to slow down to encourage the other driver to go around you and to change lanes to avoid them. These are other options you have that they do teach you. And they are much safer for everyone involved.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.