Houston
Sponsored by

Just got road rage hit and runned on the Beltway

25,774 Views | 232 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got his plate but couldn't take a picture in time.

He cut me off then switched lanes again, so I closed the gap between me and the car in front of me... He wanted back over again so he came back in behind me and got really close.

Traffic in front of me was slowing down so I slowed down and he was really close, so I did a brake check on him. Well that set him off and he got really close like Inches.

Note:
quote:
I didn't slam my brakes. I touched my brakes to put on the lights.

He then moved his vehicle much closer to mine and tailgated me (severely) for about 10-15 seconds.

Traffic in front of me stopped, so I stopped, and he stopped. Then after about a 1-2 second stop, he accelerated and bumped me, maintained contact and pushed me forward, then my ass end swung into another lane. I was trying to brake but his SUV out powered my sedan brakes. Traffic was moving again by this point.

Then he swung off and drove off. I tried to follow him a little - enough to get his plates. But couldn't get my Phone ready at the same time. He got over to the right shoulder and took off for the exit. I wasn't going to be that risky so I pulled over to the shoulder and called the police.

Waiting on them now (15 minutes).
Martin Q. Blank
Were you in the passing lane?
wessimo
AG
Play stupid games...

The best way to deal with road rage idiots is to get out of their way and let them go.
Astrobo
AG
Holy smokes, I have been temped to brake check a number of folks, but always thought better of it for fear this could be the result. Not worth it.
drumboy
AG
Dang, I wonder how this plays out since it's your word against his if the cops decide to do anything at all.

If he looked like he had a job, kids and a 3 bedroom house I'd have chased his @ss. Where did this happen on the beltway?
Al Bula
AG
Post the plate #
I Am A Critic
Sounds like you're a pretty big idiot too. You're lucky to be alive.
The Wonderer
AG
I wouldn't admit to brake checking him....
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
quote:
Sounds like you're a pretty big idiot too. You're lucky to be alive.
NO ONE TALKS TO SPREADSHEET THAT WAY!!!! WATCH YOUR TONGUE
lb sand
AG
quote:
Play stupid games...

WES2006AG
AG
I think I brake checked my last tailgater on my way to the PV game a few weeks ago. Dude in a Mazda 6 really wanted around and I couldn't go anywhere so I taped the brakes. This guy freaked out and passed me on the left shoulder of HWY 6 going at least 90, driving erratically to the point that we almost wrecked a few times. It is just not worth it anymore, people are crazy.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Well it wasn't my finer moment, but I didn't break the law - he did... Talked to the LEO, dude has priors and several warrants. He DID have insurance, and 2 witnesses also called in to report the accident which helps my case.

I actually got alot of info from the LEO, whereby I could track this guy down very quickly. But I won't. Not worth it.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Were you in the passing lane?
No, 2nd to left lane.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Dang, I wonder how this plays out since it's your word against his if the cops decide to do anything at all.

If he looked like he had a job, kids and a 3 bedroom house I'd have chased his @ss. Where did this happen on the beltway?
It's not; I got his plate and there were 2 witnesses who called in. There are white scratches on the back of my black car, and I am sure if they find his vehicle it will have black scratched on the front of his bumper.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Post the plate #
I am tempted, but I already have his details.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
whereby I could track this guy down very quickly

We're listening

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Let's just say the cops can get alot of information very quickly from a plate and by calling his insurance and saying he's an LEO and they just start talking - including tapping into social media.
zap
AG
People are nuts. Especially when surrounded by several thousand pounds of steel.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
Well it wasn't my finer moment, but I didn't break the law - he did... Talked to the LEO, dude has priors and several warrants. He DID have insurance, and 2 witnesses also called in to report the accident which helps my case.

I actually got alot of info from the LEO, whereby I could track this guy down very quickly. But I won't. Not worth it.
Send the ****er dildos for Christmas every year with a note telling him that you know who he is.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Play stupid games...

Admittedly, yes. In hindsight I should not have brake checked. That doesn't give him the right to rearend me and take off.
The Wonderer
AG
Glitter Bomb
FW Declerk
Cops won't do ****
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
aggiedent
AG
There are some real nut jobs out there. Folks who get enraged at almost nothing.

Just glad you're OK.
RK
AG
quote:
Let's just say the cops can get alot of information very quickly from a plate and by calling his insurance and saying he's an LEO and they just start talking - including tapping into social media.
let's have it...
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I've run across a few morons like that. They've never hit me though. Just jumped out of their car wanting to fight and screaming like dumbasses in the middle of the road.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Dude has warrants and a picture of a gun on his facebook... I choose to tread lightly and just file a claim against his insurance.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Puss.
chiken
AG
I can't take your situation seriously after you admit to brake checking someone.
Tone2002
Consider yourself lucky. Next time you may get exactly what you're asking for. People are nuts.
Buck O Five
AG
Our transportation system relies on distracted, impatient, and selfish primates behind the wheel of tons of weaponized steel.
agnatgas
AG
Had a guy try to open my truck door one time, hit the power locks just in, and then beat on my window. Still not sure what was the perceived injustice.
brotheraggie
This world is very crazy.
agz win
AG
Lucky bullets weren't involved. Best to just get out of the way and not incite when you can. Break checking is a bad idea.

Glad you're ok.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.