Houston
Sponsored by

Just got road rage hit and runned on the Beltway

25,815 Views | 232 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
ccolley68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
You ride my ass, you better be a fuggin ninja with reflexes, because I have zero issue letting you see red lights and my bumper up close. I drive an omder truck, it is paid for and a new bumper at your expense is no skin off my nose.

And I guarandamned tee you that I can and will return any fire, significantly more accurately and likely at a higher volume.

I pretty much hate all drivers on the road. Especially asshes that dont do the zipper method, that drive slow in the left lane or that pace the car next to them so that nobody can pass. Or, 99.999% of all Houston area drivers. Fuggem all.

Zipper method?
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
I pretty much hate all drivers on the road. Especially asshes that dont do the zipper method, that drive slow in the left lane or that pace the car next to them so that nobody can pass. Or, 99.999% of all Houston area drivers. Fuggem all.

Jock 07
AG
Was he swervin' in your lane and causin' lots of danger? Were you a cussin' out his name, Were you a shooting him the finger? Were you switchin' on your bright lights, was he just too dimm to know?
Jackal99
AG
quote:
Was he swervin' in your lane and causin' lots of danger? Were you a cussin' out his name, Were you a shooting him the finger? Were you switchin' on your bright lights, was he just too dimm to know?

When you're swervin' on life's highway, you're runnin' someone off the road.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
your definition of "brake check" and my definition are vastly different
I thought it might be... I didn't slam on my brakes to try and scare the guy that he might crash into me... I gave them a light tap to engage the lights and "flash" him.
wouldn't using your emergency lights have done the job just as well if that's what your intentions were?

It wasn't raining.
drumboy
AG
Sometimes I turn on my blinker but then never get over.
FNG
quote:
quote:
You ride my ass, you better be a fuggin ninja with reflexes, because I have zero issue letting you see red lights and my bumper up close. I drive an omder truck, it is paid for and a new bumper at your expense is no skin off my nose.

And I guarandamned tee you that I can and will return any fire, significantly more accurately and likely at a higher volume.

Zipper method?

Herewego.gif
zap
AG
I wouldn't mind a rear facing paintball gun under my back bumper. It would be a lot more fun than brake checking.
Satellite of Love
quote:
I can't take your situation seriously after you admit to brake checking someone.
What is wrong with break checking someone? If someone is less than a car length on your ass, and traffic is slowing, then tapping the breaks is ok. What gives anyone the right to ride someone else's ass?
Satellite of Love
quote:
Great:

quote:
Adjustor said that XXXXXXXXXXXXX does not have an active account with XXXX Insurance any longer. To me this sounds like a scam - the guy magically doesn't have insurance now? I bet this company sets people up with fake insurance policies, and they are coincidentally "inactive" when it comes time to pay.

Oh well, glad I have Uninsured / Underinsured coverage. A bit of hassle but minimal out of pocket expense.

Lesson (re)learned
Take his ass to court. He can afford a SUV, he can pay for your repairs.
MAS444
AG
That's going to be a fruitful/rewarding process.
schmellba99
AG
It is a technique where two lanes merge that the right hand lane car goes, then the left hand lane, then the right hand lane, etc. Like a zipper, hence the "zipper technique". When people are not raging ********s, it allows for a smooth and effective merging of the two lanes.

When people are raging ********s and do not follow the technique, it royall fugs up traffic. Those people should be run of thw road, drug out of their vehicle through the broken driver's window, then beaten like the Spanish teacher on Adam Sandler's comedy tape and left on the side of the road. If they die, they die.
skankhunt42
I've driven the beltway before. Really makes you think...
agz win
AG
There is no working zipper technique exiting downtown. There are those sheep forming a line and waiting patiently and there are us herders waving thanks in our rear views as we zip on by to the front of the line.
ClickClack
AG
If you have a rear wiper with fluid, just spray them.
ClickClack
AG
spreadsheet did nothing wrong. One person broke the law here, and it wasn't him. And let's be honest - most people here have tapped their brakes without *needing* to because of some jackass behind them. Don't act all high and mighty.
88jrt06
AG
Don't forget, break check....then immediately accelerate...then return to chosen speed.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
spreadsheet did nothing wrong. One person broke the law here, and it wasn't him. And let's be honest - most people here have tapped their brakes without *needing* to because of some jackass behind them. Don't act all high and mighty.
Depressing the pedal enough to light your brake lights up, yeah, that's what they're for.

If you slam your brakes and slow down without reason other than someone behind you, then you're an ******* because that is how fenders benders happen and highways get backed up causing traffic.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
If you are going to brake check someone, just tap the brakes so your brake lights light up.

There is no reason to actually slam on your brakes when in traffic or being tailgated.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
There is no working zipper technique exiting downtown. There are those sheep forming a line and waiting patiently and there are us herders waving thanks in our rear views as we zip on by to the front of the line.
Look for the driver on their phone.
Aggiemike96
AG
Wowser...this thread!

ClickClack
AG
quote:
quote:
Depressing the pedal enough to light your brake lights up, yeah, that's what they're for.

If you slam your brakes and slow down without reason other than someone behind you, then you're an ******* because that is how fenders benders happen and highways get backed up causing traffic.

Agree that it's stupid and a-holey. A guy did it to me the other day because he didn't want to follow the zipper technique so I finally just let him have his way and gave him a big thumbs up (this is what I try to do now when I'm tempted to give a middle finger). I wasn't even on his bumper, probably at least 10 feet away, and he brake checked hard to the point I had to slam on my brakes. I changed lanes and moved on with my life.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
quote:
Look for the driver on their phone.

Or the 18-wheeler/box truck/something towing a heavy trailer- they can't accelerate quickly and always leave gaps
62strat
AG
zipper technique.. wtf.. I thought it was just called alternating.

A big difference here in ops story, he was approaching traffic (stopped/slowed) cars. He had to apply his brakes.
There is no reason to be on someone's ass when they have traffic congestion in front of them. Back off and join the jam like everyone else.
The Wonderer
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
T&P for your rear end SpreadsheetAg
Thanks buddy
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
I would have brake checked him and flipped him off.

He flicked me off when he was in front of me and he cut me off to merge and took away my gap between me and car in front of me. Then when he got back over and I closed the gap between me and the car in front, he slowed down to look at me, and I didn't look at him, just stared straight ahead. When he got in behind me, I could see he was just staring at me and getting closer and closer... when he got danger-close I brake-checked him. That's when he got about (not exaggerating) 6" from my bumper for about 15-20 seconds until traffic came to a stop. Then we all stopped, and he proceeded to ram me...

I wish I had a do-over... I either would have gotten out of his way; or chased him down... it's a thin line.
ClickClack
AG
He's an idiot. He'll ruin his own life himself. No ragrets!
GrayMatter
AG
quote:
quote:
I would have brake checked him and flipped him off.

He flicked me off when he was in front of me and he cut me off to merge and took away my gap between me and car in front of me. Then when he got back over and I closed the gap between me and the car in front, he slowed down to look at me, and I didn't look at him, just stared straight ahead. When he got in behind me, I could see he was just staring at me and getting closer and closer... when he got danger-close I brake-checked him. That's when he got about (not exaggerating) 6" from my bumper for about 15-20 seconds until traffic came to a stop. Then we all stopped, and he proceeded to ram me...

I wish I had a do-over... I either would have gotten out of his way; or chased him down... it's a thin line.
Why let this ass whole ruin your day? Not worth it. Karma is a bytch. An aggressive driver will always get his in the end.

Your life is much more important and TexAgs without SpreadsheetAg is just another forum.
tk for tu juan
quote:

Screw that last white car forcing the other guy to hit his brakes to zipper merge, get off your phone dumbass
62strat
AG
quote:

You texas drivers would love denver driving.. NO one seems to try to get up to the front of the merge and get in, they all just get in line.

Every day I go north on I25 to I70E. This I25 to I70 exit separates from the 25 main lanes about 3000' prior, and ends up being 3 lanes. Both right lanes are 70E only and left lane is 70W only. The two right lanes will be backed up the full exit length, stopped, and I'm in left lane, going a cautious 40 mph or so. I actually am exiting 70W, so I'm not going to the front and cutting anybody off.. but if this was TX, I have no doubt in my mind I'd be stuck in the left lane too, behind a line of texans trying to get to the front and cut in.

Then another example, there was construction on 70 far east of town. It got down to 1 lane. In the left lane there were a few of these signs leading up to that merge as far as maybe a mile back..

Yet everyone would get over to right lane way before, to make sure they got in the back of the line.We're talking easily a mile back from merge.
I'd be cruising along in left lane, passing them all 1 by 1. Up to the front, scoot in, and on my way. I'm just following the directions of the sign, can't get mad at me!

Don't think I ever saw that sign in TX. It was given. These CO drivers are way too cautious.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
No problem with that when lanes are merging. The asshats are the ones that drive up to the front of a line in a lane that isn't exiting and cut in front. Folks cause accidents and frequently end up stuck blocking both lanes because their time is so important.
RangerRick9211
AG
quote:
I wouldn't mind a rear facing paintball gun under my back bumper. It would be a lot more fun than brake checking.
Dolts putting along in the left lane and tailgaters sometimes get a few seconds of wiper fluid. At velocity and size of wipers on my company truck, the coverage is surprisingly sufficient.
62strat
AG
quote:
No problem with that when lanes are merging. The asshats are the ones that drive up to the front of a line in a lane that isn't exiting and cut in front. Folks cause accidents and frequently end up stuck blocking both lanes because their time is so important.
Right.. which is what I would expect to see on my morning I25 to I70 commute. The left lane is surprisingly always empty (people going west) and right lanes are bumper to bumper. No one seams to want to get in that left lane, drive up 2500', then cut back over.
aggiemike02
AG
quote:
quote:

You texas drivers would love denver driving.. NO one seems to try to get up to the front of the merge and get in, they all just get in line.

Every day I go north on I25 to I70E. This I25 to I70 exit separates from the 25 main lanes about 3000' prior, and ends up being 3 lanes. Both right lanes are 70E only and left lane is 70W only. The two right lanes will be backed up the full exit length, stopped, and I'm in left lane, going a cautious 40 mph or so. I actually am exiting 70W, so I'm not going to the front and cutting anybody off.. but if this was TX, I have no doubt in my mind I'd be stuck in the left lane too, behind a line of texans trying to get to the front and cut in.

Then another example, there was construction on 70 far east of town. It got down to 1 lane. In the left lane there were a few of these signs leading up to that merge as far as maybe a mile back..

Yet everyone would get over to right lane way before, to make sure they got in the back of the line.We're talking easily a mile back from merge.
I'd be cruising along in left lane, passing them all 1 by 1. Up to the front, scoot in, and on my way. I'm just following the directions of the sign, can't get mad at me!

Don't think I ever saw that sign in TX. It was given. These CO drivers are way too cautious.
dude i was in denver last month and people were raging and trying to cut in all over I-70 from DEN where it was down to one lane.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.