Houston
Sponsored by

Officer killed in Cypress

47,560 Views | 304 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Al Bula
Ag of Enlightenment
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I dont have any...I learned from the mistakes of others and have heard/seen too many horror stories of Badge Bunnies and Chips to ever mess w/ that noise.
. . .
Defense claims suspect incompetent to stand trial
quote:
Anthony Osso, the lawyer for accused cop killer Shannon Miles says his client is incompetent to stand trial. Osso filed a court documents today, but the final ruling will come from a judge.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
quote:
Anthony Osso, the lawyer for accused cop killer Shannon Miles says his client is incompetent to stand trial. Osso filed a court documents today, but the final ruling will come from a judge.

If you even DARE insinuate a black person isn't as intelligent as a person of some other ethnicity, you will be vilified and branded a bigot.

When black criminals are standing tall before the man, incompetence is very convenient.

What a joke.
. . .

quote:
Shannon Miles found incompetent to stand trial by defense and state experts. Will be moved to state hospital. State hospital is full so Miles will remain at Harris County Jail until a bed becomes available. When he regains competency, case will move forward.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/shannon-miles-found-incompetent-to-stand-trial
Al Bula
AG
Like I said, a joke.
Tom Hagen
AG
Hopefully, the corrections officers are making his life miserable. He should "hang himself" in his cell.
fire09
AG
I drive by that gas station at least once a week. Infuriating that this man is still awaiting trial.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you even DARE insinuate a black person isn't as intelligent as a person of some other ethnicity, you will be vilified and branded a bigot.

When black criminals are standing tall before the man, incompetence is very convenient.

What a joke.

evals done by both the defense and the prosecution came to this conclusion.
The Original AG 76
AG
It is bedrock core principle in our system that we do not try mentally ill wacko's. We may not like it and may get all fired up BUT it is the system that has been in place for hundreds of years.
This does not mean that it is over. All it means that the perp has been judged not to be able to participate in his Constitutionally given right to a defense.
This can , and in most cases does, change. He will be given treatment and hopefully restored to competence. He will see his day in court and will either get life in the wacko ward or the needle. Meanwhile ..he will not see the light of day nor is it even remotely possible that he EVER will see the light of day again.
WES2006AG
AG
quote:
It is bedrock core principle in our system that we do not try mentally ill wacko's. We may not like it and may get all fired up BUT it is the system that has been in place for hundreds of years.
This does not mean that it is over. All it means that the perp has been judged not to be able to participate in his Constitutionally given right to a defense.
This can , and in most cases does, change. He will be given treatment and hopefully restored to competence. He will see his day in court and will either get life in the wacko ward or the needle. Meanwhile ..he will not see the light of day nor is it even remotely possible that he EVER will see the light of day again.

Don't bring your logic and reason in here. Emotional based responses only.
brotheraggie
How much of our taxpayer money will go to "assist" this POS? I do not care what race this DBAG is it is a shame.
BMX Bandit
quote:
I drive by that gas station at least once a week. Infuriating that this man is still awaiting trial.

It hasn't been 6 months. That's very short for a capital murder case. (And probably any felony)
randy828
AG
quote:
quote:

It hasn't been 6 months. That's very short for a capital murder case. (And probably any felony)
This. There is a murder case from our neighborhood...person was arrested on Aug 14, 2014 and it still hasn't gone to court. Every month the case has an update.

WES2006AG
AG
quote:
How much of our taxpayer money will go to "assist" this POS? I do not care what race this DBAG is it is a shame.

Sometimes it is just not about the money. If he has been determined to be incompetent to stand trial then he shouldn't stand trial. He will either become competent or spend the rest of his life in a hospital. He is a cop killer and that is terrible, but the system is in place for a reason.
. . .
Deputy terminated after having relationship with mistress of Deputy Goforth
Ag of Enlightenment
AG
This has become a cluster of the highest order.
Bondag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

This. There is a murder case from our neighborhood...person was arrested on Aug 14, 2014 and it still hasn't gone to court. Every month the case has an update.

I had jury duty a few weeks ago. It was a drug case from 2014. About 14 months from arrest to trial.
WES2006AG
AG
quote:
This has become a cluster of the highest order.
Yep. For all of the pro death penalty crowd that are angry this guy wont get the needle this is why. There has been so much drama around this case and so much perceived and actual misconduct that this has just turned into a **** show.
sts7049
AG
what in the hell is wrong with these officers? this woman must be a kegel master or something.
Biz Ag
AG
Is there anyone in the HCSO she wasn't messing around with?
teecoy
AG
So was Goforth having affair and his wife was having an affair as well? I'm getting this whole story mixed up now.
jopatura
AG
1) Goforth was murdered while possibly meeting up with his mistress. She was a witness to the murder.

2) One investigator was sleeping with the mistress during the investigation, after she was a witness to the murder. He was fired for sleeping with a witness.

3) Another investigator was sleeping with the mistress before the murder (possibly well before, since Goforth was with her for 15 months), but lied about it during the investigation. He was fired for lying about sleeping with the mistress.

I don't think the wife had her own mister-ess but who freaking knows at this point.
Boiling Denim
Jesus this may make the Law & Order episode a two parter
teecoy
AG
Thanks for the rundown jop!
agproducer
AG
And, this is new: ABC13 spoke with Hickman about the case. He says a third deputy is being investigated for the same thing with the same woman. We reported it at 4. This is getting pretty unbelievable.
sts7049
Ag of Enlightenment
AG
Allow me to introduce you to the term "Badge Chasers/Bunnies"...
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
"Badge bunny" is how I always heard it.

Slight variation on the classic redneck "buckle bunny."
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:

I " introduced " the thread to the badge bunny back in Oct. As soon as the story broke there was a LOT of chatter in the SD about her. She was well known and there were ( and still are) a number of very nervous individuals sweating this one out.
Adrian had a totally out of control SD that Hickman is working hard to clean up. This entire story is unreal and not over yet....So very bad and tragic.
Al Bula
AG
Yet the fact remains a law enforcement officer was murdered in cold blood and the killer is supposedly a Mongoloid idiot who doesn't know what he did was wrong.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
Yet the fact remains a law enforcement officer was murdered in cold blood and the killer is supposedly a Mongoloid idiot who doesn't know what he did was wrong.

No, the defendant currently does not have the mental capacity to understand the charges against him. Insanity != incompetence
Mexrepublican
The officer fired yesterday WAS NOT an investigator....
MAROON
AG
quote:
what in the hell is wrong with these officers? this woman must be a kegel master or something.
***** is still undefeated
. . .
http://abc13.com/news/woman-claiming-to-be-goforths-mistress-speaks-exclusively-to-abc13/1196786/
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
quote:

I " introduced " the thread to the badge bunny back in.

You ain't the only old Harris County redneck on this board. And it is tragic. But I trust Ron a lot more than some folks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.